• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?'s about seeing F!, WOC, PTN and fireworks with an ECV and a wheelchair

sgrap

DIS Veteran
We will be at DLR Nov 17-22. I will have an ECV with my bad knee and my 13-year old daughter will be in a wheelchair recovering from foot surgery. We have been to DLR with me using the ECV before, but not with an additional wheelchair, and not since the new F! dining packages/seating and the new 60th shows. I'd love to hear recommendations for viewing for of the above events.

We are trying to decide whether to do one of the F! dining packages. Is the wheelchair/ECV section with the dining packages any different than the sections the general fastpass wheelchair/ECV?

We did WOC last October with my ECV and my daughter had a DAS (and we had a Fastpass). Is that the same process, or has anything changed since then?

How is the best way to handle seeing PTN and Fireworks with an ECV and wheelchair?

We will have my husband, and our other daughter with us, and on the weekend our college son will join us as well. I know that with WOC, they let the rest of the family in the handicapped section with us. Is that the case with F! and the other shows (if there are handicapped sections for PTN/fireworks).

Thanks for any help and insights! :goodvibes

For WOC they do let your party members in the area but they are not allowed to sit on the benches unless allowed by the CM.

For ECV and wheelchairs for the parade and fireworks there are 2 areas that I know of but you still should get there at least 1 hour early because even those areas fill up.

For fantasmic, we ended up in the disabled section for standby (no fastpass) even though we had fastpass because we liked the view better and we only showed up about 20 min before it started. We were right by the front rail but off to the side a little and there was plenty of room. I do believe there are the wheelchair seating in certain areas of each color section. I didn't want to be in a whole crowd of people though so I preferred the area where we were.

You can still use the fastpass along with the DAS.

For Fantasmic, currently, although it does change so no guarantees, they have wheelchairs lineup at the back of the yellow seated section, regardless of if you have a yellow or blue. I am not sure where they put the wheelchairs for dining packages. Standby is now on the smoking dock, which is an extremely side view of the show. The view for the regular FP is great...basically at the back of the section in front of pirates. Family members can sit in front of or stand behind the wheelchairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter