RV Rental... what to do, what to do...

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by Skili9111, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Skili9111

Skili9111 Earning My Ears

We have reserved a preferred campsite for my daughters graduation weekend in May, and also rented an RV through Greenberg. We will be bringing along our crate trained, well behaved mini American Eskimo. I am beginning to have serious reservations about Greenberg however; I saw what someone else posted on the boards and went to the BBB website as well as their FB page and their customer service seems a little appalling. Also it looks like they are actively trying to advertise for other campsites than Fort Wilderness... while that's fine it is all giving me serious pause. I have time to cancel and paid the $200 deposit ( which I have also read that customers have problems getting refunds)
    Does anyone have any recent positive reviews? Or any other recommendations? I have checked out the Wilderness camper rentals, and they look promising. Thanks in advance!!!!

2. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure! Moderator

Skili9111 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. mickeyfan0805

mickeyfan0805 DIS Veteran

I agree. If people are having trouble getting $200 refunds back, imagine what kind of trouble you are going to have if it gets cancelled right before your trip. $200 is a small portion of what goes into the entire trip, I'd risk losing that before I'd risk losing the entire trip (or many hours of sleep worrying about it between now and then!).

Skili9111 likes this.
  5. tiggerdad

tiggerdad I don't always get distracted but whe...SQUIRREL!

I also agree, cut bait with Greenberg now based on current findings and recent reports they aren't very reliable.

Look into Luxurious RV rentals or Meacham's instead.

Skili9111 likes this.
  6. DisneythePooh

DisneythePooh Earning My Ears

Hi Skili9111, we have rented with Wilderness Camper Rentals a total of 2 times and have another reservation with them again this year. They have been awesome to deal with and the way they treat their customers is second to none. The Trailers we have stayed in are new and are always spotless. Give them a call you wont be sorry

Skili9111 likes this.
  7. pxydst

pxydst Mouseketeer

Hi, I am the one you are talking about as far as Greenbergs and to stay away from them. Matt Greenberg cancelled my reservation on 12/23/17. I wanted to give his business time around the holidays because it may have been busy for them. Today I sent a email to their office with the email from Matt asking the status of our refund is. It has been 17 days and they sent me an email back stating that they take the requests in the order that they get them. so they are still processing it. call me silly, they are not THAT busy... it has been 17 days since he sent them the email to refund our $200! even if they closed the office from 12/24 - 1/2/18 ... it has been over a week! just another reason to stay away from them!

8. sirenia88

sirenia88 You are a Toy car!

Greenberg Rentals? Ugh... My parents dealt with them a few years ago for our 2014 trip. First they failed to show up with the trailer at the time requested. My parents were able to hang out at my camper since they drove down with me. At one point my mother was wondering if the place flaked when she called and got a rude and short answer. After probably about 3 hours later, the trailer shows up and the 2 guys there to set up didn't seem to care what they were doing. The one that was able to speak English said they were late due to trailer repairs and cleanings. The trailer they gave them had a broken awning in which they could not fix. They didn't notify us there was going to be an RV tech to fix the awning who refuse to service the trailer since they had a dog that wasn't properly secured. Then his golf carts were something else. One of them was so slow that you could out walk it. They did replace that one with one slightly faster. The best one my parents used was Moore's Camper Rental but I think he is now out of business/ isn't dealing with Disney anymore. His staff was great to deal with. They had everything set up and ready for my parents. Enough about my experience....

If you used a Credit card which I suspect you did, if there is an E mail chain showing that Greenberg cancelled the rental. Even if you have something recorded or in writing that they are not responsive, I would still try to file a back charge Then I say have a back charge issued on the deposit. Amex will pretty much go to bat for you. After all that, file a complaint with the BBB and Disney about your experience. Quite frankly, I am surprised Disney just doesn't offer Trailer rentals to get into that cut as well. If they did that, I wonder if they would pull a golf cart rental move?

9. pxydst

pxydst Mouseketeer

We did finally get an email back and say that they were going to send out the refund by Friday next week. And we did send a note off to the BBB and greenbergs is no longer a preferred company with Disney. I will wait and see if they send it out on Friday.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 9:45 AM
    sirenia88 likes this.
  10. Sashacrab

Sashacrab Earning My Ears