RV and vehicle roadside assistance companies

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
We have decided not to renew with AAA this year. What company have you had good/great service from?

Put us in the Good Sam camp. Our previous coach had a had a habit of not charging the Coach Batteries from time to time saved big time. Price for roadside assist to jump us compared to price to come and jump worth every penny. Trip plan function on website also a winner. Only problem we have had is CG ratings Those with very high ie 8.5 or better tend to be dead on lower than that I question. Got burned on a place that had an overall rating of like 8
place was an absolute dump.

We've been happy with Good Sam Roadside. Used it once for the RV (tire sidewall gash) and once for our passenger vehicle (dead battery) ...so far, at least...knock on wood! Both experiences were positive, pleasant, and pretty quick.

Good Sam uses LOCAL companies to come for roadside stuff. Last Oct when we needed to get Jumped to head for Tampa and trade in the REPAIR BILL the guy who came lived down the road so he was here in 20 min. In NC the next morning I had my only problem with them. The Mechanic who was coming had a strong Southern Accent and had previously suffered a brain injury that affected his speech and I was unable to understand him, Happily his wife was there and got everything squared away in like 5 seconds. We have been impressed enough to commit for next 3 years.

We have had Good Sam, Coach-Net, and AAA Plus RV. We finally settled on simply carrying AAA Plus RV because we held a basic AAA membership for other travel discounts and purposes anyway. In truth, We've only ever used ANY of the services once, and that was for a lacked-vehicle entry. I change my own tires or other manageable issues on the road. The only time we'd call them is for a complete breakdown, which we've (luckily!) never experiences.

Progressive insurance has roadside assist. Changed a flat for us on a trip last summer.

This! We don't need an additional ins. They are very prompt with great service. Our RV ins. rate is comparable to others out there.

Only used it once on a diesel pusher - something got in our diesel fuel (water ?) and we just stopped. Was towed to a facility - and trust me, it's an ordeal to fix a Class A diesel to tow!! :eek:
Dh didn't want me to watch - happened to have a friend nearby that picked me up until later.
We love Progressive - 10 years strong!!

We have had Good Sam, Coach-Net, and AAA Plus RV. We finally settled on simply carrying AAA Plus RV because we held a basic AAA membership for other travel discounts and purposes anyway. In truth, We've only ever used ANY of the services once, and that was for a lacked-vehicle entry. I change my own tires or other manageable issues on the road. The only time we'd call them is for a complete breakdown, which we've (luckily!) never experiences.
We had a breakdown on the side of the freeway just before an on-ramp in a major US city on the way to The Brickyard 400 race. No generator on that RV = no air and dangerous to get out of the RV. Had RV Explorer Club at the time and it took over 2 hours for someone to "not" show up. We ended up getting the RV started and back on our way - ended up being vapour lock thanks to the tech on the phone. BUT we have had them successfully come and change the inside rear tire when DH's back went out and he couldn't change it. Now with this RV we have CAA Plus (covers the RV and motorcycle as well) and glad we do. Need something if we had a tire blowout as our Class A doesn't have a spare.

This! We don't need an additional ins. They are very prompt with great service. Our RV ins. rate is comparable to others out there.

Only used it once on a diesel pusher - something got in our diesel fuel (water ?) and we just stopped. Was towed to a facility - and trust me, it's an ordeal to fix a Class A diesel to tow!! :eek:
Dh didn't want me to watch - happened to have a friend nearby that picked me up until later.
We love Progressive - 10 years strong!!
I should really look into our Progressive coverage, I might be paying for something we already have! Although, I'm guessing our RV policy wouldn't cover our passenger cars...but that we could self-insure like we did before RV-ing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter