Ruth's Chris ???

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
What do you all think about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse?
We don't have one here, but did have the chance to dine there on vacation.
I am curious!

I wouldn't pay a dime for their food. I've been twice recently on the company wallet. Maybe once upon a time when there was just one or a handful it was good, but now it is all too corporatized. I had to spit out their lobster bisque or whatever they call it. I'd be shocked to learn it didn't come out of a can. I can cook a better steak anytime at home. Buy a steak, get out a pan, heat it until you see smoke rising, salt and pepper on the steak, voila. Cook it to your liking. Comes out fifty times better.

I do have cooworkers who love it. But honestly they eat crappy food all the time.

We really enjoy the location by our house. I've never eaten at any other one besides that though. Never had a bad experience there in all our visits.

We have 6 in under 20 miles, most are within 10 miles, I’m not a fan of chains (and we have a nice steakhouse 4 blocks away).

For a chain steakhouse, I think it’s very good. In that space, I prefer STK and Capital Grille, but it’s nice and consistent. The service is impeccable and if you do have an issue, they’ll fix it.

I’ve never understood the name. Can someone explain it to me?

We have one near us but have never gone. If my husband and I get a date night we always go to Pappadeaux.

I’ve never understood the name. Can someone explain it to me?

We have one near us but have never gone. If my husband and I get a date night we always go to Pappadeaux.
From their website:
"Over four decades ago, Ruth Fertel, a divorced mother of two, mortgaged her home for $22,000 to buy a small 60-seat restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana named Chris Steak House. Shortly thereafter, a fire forced her to change the original location and she renamed the restaurant, “Ruth’s Chris Steak House.”

From their website:
"Over four decades ago, Ruth Fertel, a divorced mother of two, mortgaged her home for $22,000 to buy a small 60-seat restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana named Chris Steak House. Shortly thereafter, a fire forced her to change the original location and she renamed the restaurant, “Ruth’s Chris Steak House.”

Ahhh...ok. Thanks. I always thought it was odd, but it helps knowing the background!

I'll pass... after charging $20-40+ for a mediocre steak, they have the gall to charge you $7 for a baked potatoe. Save your money and go to a decent local place instead.

We've only been once to the one in our city and due to some unforeseen circumstances, the service turned out to be really, really awful. So awful in fact I wish now we'd have pressed to have the bill comped instead of just going away mad like we did.

Another thing is that with wine it's a $200 night here so even if it had been amazing it would not be someplace we went regularly. They use USDA beef, which they import and frankly, local Alberta-raised is superior to our taste.
https://ruthschrisalberta.ca/calgary/food-menu/entrees/

I'll pass... after charging $20-40+ for a mediocre steak, they have the gall to charge you $7 for a baked potatoe. Save your money and go to a decent local place instead.
Yeah, we went once. Found them to be way overpriced even though the food and service were top notch.

We've only been once to the one in our city and due to some unforeseen circumstances, the service turned out to be really, really awful. So awful in fact I wish now we'd have pressed to have the bill comped instead of just going away mad like we did.

Another thing is that with wine it's a $200 night here so even if it had been amazing it would not be someplace we went regularly. They use USDA beef, which they import and frankly, local Alberta-raised is superior to our taste.
https://ruthschrisalberta.ca/calgary/food-menu/entrees/

You guys are fancy..we don’t have one here. We do have an IHOP and a Popeyes though lol

We have gone a few times on Valentine’s Day where they have a prix fixe meal and it has been wonderful. My DH has food allergies and they do a great job accommodating him.

I like it, but prefer Morton's. Sure, I can make a steak at home that turns out better, as I can do the same for any restaurant food anywhere (I'm a really good cook). The whole point of going out, though, is taking a break from cooking. If I want a nice steak dinner with none of the work, I will happily go to Ruth's Chris. The problem is, we live 15 minutes from Napa Rose at Disneyland, so we always end up there for our fancy dinners.

Yuck, tried it twice didn't like it either time, I thought my steak tasted like liver:scared:.

However, I love Flemings steaks:love:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!