Ruth Chris Anaheim

ThisLittleLightShine

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if this location enforces/has a dress code? What is the dress code? We'd like to have a good steak while in Anaheim, but don't feel like dressing up on vacation.

You might want to call and check on dress code. We went to their Irvine location and my DH wore Dockers and a button-down shirt. I would have been uncomfortable there in "Disneyland clothes."

That said, their website lists, "Dress: Business casual. No hats please." on their Irvine location, but nothing on their Anaheim location.

And just in case you don't know, it's quite pricey, but VERY good!

- Dreams

You might want to call and check on dress code. We went to their Irvine location and my DH wore Dockers and a button-down shirt. I would have been uncomfortable there in "Disneyland clothes."

That said, their website lists, "Dress: Business casual. No hats please." on their Irvine location, but nothing on their Anaheim location.

And just in case you don't know, it's quite pricey, but VERY good!

- Dreams

Thanks for the help. Did you wear a dress or dressy capri's? Did you notice if they had a children's menu?

I don't know about the dress code, but I have to recommend the Crabtini appetizer and the Sweet Potato Casserole sidedish. They are both fabulous.

The DIS podcast gave rave reviews to Steakhouse 55 at the DLH, so consider that as an option too. Also nearby: McCormick & Schmicks.

The DIS podcast gave rave reviews to Steakhouse 55 at the DLH, so consider that as an option too. Also nearby: McCormick & Schmicks.

Steakhouse 55 is equally as good as Ruth Chris and as PRICEY! But, I'd go with Ruth Chris. My mouth is watering just thinking about the steak coming out on a sizzling plate from the kitchen.

Ruth Chris has been running specials lately (such as three items for $39), but the portions are smaller. Steakhouse 55 and Ruth Chris are a-la-carte type restaurants, and that is where the $$ come in when ordering different things. If you do go to Ruth Chris, go for the creamed spinach and potatoes au gratin!

With respect to the dress code at Ruth Chris, as long as you're not in shorts, they are not going to turn you back.

In terms of kids menu, don't know if they have one at Ruth Chris, and definitely know that there is one at Steakhouse 55 (since it is a Disney restaurant).

I wouldn't call Ruth's Chris "kid friendly" by any means. They don't have a kid's menu, as far as I know, and I've NEVER seen kids in there. I think they don't really "welcome" them, if you know what I mean.

If you have kids younger than about 15, I'd not go there with them. If you have teens who can appreciate a good meal, and behave appropriately (and NOT play a videogame the whole meal, or text on their phones), then take them.

As for the dress code: I've seen everything from "nice" jeans and nicer shirts to capris on women. Men will be fine in anything from a pair of Docker's or a NICE pair of dark jeans and a button down or polo shirt (or fancier).

Don't wear sneakers, or hats.

I wouldn't call Ruth's Chris "kid friendly" by any means. They don't have a kid's menu, as far as I know, and I've NEVER seen kids in there. I think they don't really "welcome" them, if you know what I mean.

If you have kids younger than about 15, I'd not go there with them. If you have teens who can appreciate a good meal, and behave appropriately (and NOT play a videogame the whole meal, or text on their phones), then take them.

As for the dress code: I've seen everything from "nice" jeans and nicer shirts to capris on women. Men will be fine in anything from a pair of Docker's or a NICE pair of dark jeans and a button down or polo shirt (or fancier).

Don't wear sneakers, or hats.

Sneakers are fine. It's the year 2009, not 1999. No sneakers rules are dead, especially in SoCal.

Jeans without holes, sneakers and a polo is perfectly acceptable for Ruth Chris.

We love Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. My first experience was in DC and yes, I did burn my hand on the plate (it's so darn hard NOT to grab your dish to position it just right).

We have been to RC's in Rhode Island and Massachussetts.

About 2 yrs ago we did a birthday party for my wife at the Boston RC. There were 10 of us and they put us in a private room. With that being said, both of our DS's were with us. They were 6&2 at the time. We had no issue with the staff and our children but then again RC's in Boston is in the old statehouse and the private room we had was the old bank vault, so we were pretty isolated from everyone else. Also, it had a plasma tv in it and we watched the Redsox beat the Angels during a playoff game. Needless to say, the sox went on to win the WS that yr.

Sneakers are fine. It's the year 2009, not 1999. No sneakers rules are dead, especially in SoCal.

Jeans without holes, sneakers and a polo is perfectly acceptable for Ruth Chris.

You really should clarify WHAT type of sneakers are fine. YOU are from L.A. "Sneakers" to you is NOT the same as "sneakers" to someone from, let's say, the midwest...

You should NOT wear your old, beat up, Nike crosstrainers that you have been wearing since 2000.

You can certainly wear a nice pair of fashionable CASUAL ATHLETIC shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter