Runs on Starbucks

174C07E2-C818-49AF-A039-C8C5E39D953F.jpeg

Set out to run 3 continuous miles, took a wrong turn, and ran 5. So I ran the first three continuous and then did intervals the last two to make it home, where Flapjack was more than excited to see me.
Also, my rough work week is *finally* over, so there’s a pineapple dancing it’s lil butt off to celebrate.

C193A13C-E865-4A10-8C0E-1EEBD1B4AD90.jpeg E44557CD-5099-4170-834D-6DB1688801EC.jpeg

It was hot & humid again outside, so a slower pace was needed. Also, while I’ve been getting back into running, I’ve noticed that I’m losing some tonage in other parts of my body, so I’m gonna start cross training :crazy2:
Looking to do these 2x a week, and an upper body/core 2x a week. Let’s see how that goes.
Tomorrow is my long awaited rest day. Although, honestly, running is the only thing that has kept me sane and grounded this last week. Rest days are hard.
(Also, I’m only ever on mobile and *apparenly* I’ve been posting giant photos. Who knew? :rolleyes1 Let’s try this thumbnail thing to see if it’s friendlier.)

D011DB55-A482-4A2D-99AC-EE13243192E1.jpeg
A nice slow run to get back into the week. Last night was my last night of bowling, and we came in around middle of the pack. Not bad for our first season, and better than any other sport we’ve played so far. Overall, I’m happy. We are all competitive though, so not placing was hard.
But, now I can run on Monday’s again. So there’s a bright side.

I’m not carrying anything with me when I run, but after Mollie and reading your story I’m rethinking that.

Big photos are better than the thumbnails. Never thumbnail. Haha.

Also, I just got my first PSL of the season! It was 102* outside and I still got it hot because that's how I prefer it! It's delicious.

9D463A26-CB47-40E8-A485-A6B6D39287C2.jpeg 6F94939F-F629-430E-B01E-411DC7F01742.jpeg

It’s hot & humid out and I’ve been forced into running at a slower pace. Also, with the return of PSL, work has been crazy busy. (Pumpkin spice chai with soy is probably my favorite drink we have ever come out with, so I get it) I thankfully missed the launch date, but did work a 10 hour shift today that ended with our BOGO event.

C539E08E-5D10-4C48-8383-54054BE029F7.jpeg

I left my last post in the middle of a thought because I was waiting for a friend to watch The Happytime Murders, and when he showed up I posted the reply instead of saving it. Not that I have all that much going on. It’s still hot and humid, and it’s supposed to stay that way for the next few weeks at least. Slower runs are in my forecast. :upsidedow

0A97D57F-7359-4364-8535-7C39B88D9A1C.jpeg

My hip started bothering me at work last night, and I was hoping that I would wake up and it would feel better. Since it caused pain walked up and down the stairs, (I live on the third floor) I’m taking an unplanned rest day (or two?) until it feels better.

Rest days are rough. Flapjack is doing his best to make sure it’s better though.

Happy three day weekend to those of you who get it off.

73F9D735-7F4B-4DFD-B13A-262C44BEADFD.jpeg

Ran a mile with intervals, ran two continuous miles, then ran another mile with intervals.
It was nice to ease back into running today. My hip feels 100% better and I’m excited to get back into the routine.
Also, I ate SO MUCH this weekend, and that combined with no running is making my pants fit very tight. Whatever amount of food you’re thinking, double it. Seriously, like 4000 calories. The real downside to working at Starbucks. :sad2:

BA8C7672-850E-4B19-8734-DC9D073347B7.jpeg

Holy moly it was hot outside. I couldn’t get into rhythm with today’s run, my whole body felt off. My hip still feels good, so it wasn’t that. But I almost felt like I was overcompensating for having a bad hip earlier this week. Hopefully tomorrow’s run will be better.

A3D285B5-20E7-4158-8106-BE11DB4B0BC5.jpeg

I’m not loving my splits or the heat and humidity right now. The only thing helping me push thru is thinking maybe it will be like this during marathon weekend.
I will never break a sub 5 marathon if I continue like this.

714827C6-F35C-4B51-9119-193F68505017.jpeg

Yay for consistency! Or the closest thing I’ve seen to consistency in a loooooong time. Also, I have a three day weekend and I am so so thankful. Work has been stressful and I got passed up for a promotion. The guy who did get it so more than deserving, so I’m happy for him. But it still stings a little.

C8498C87-BC2E-42CA-9953-15339F26291E.jpeg

Well apparently my long weekend included a lazy weekend. I didn’t run the last two days, which made today a little rough.
I did go to the Conservators Center in Burlington yesterday, and that was so much fun. They have lions, wolves and tigers, along with some other large cats and small canines. I went with my BF, my work bestie, and his GF, who was our tour guide, so it was extra special. I highly recommend in case anyone is every in the RDU area.

E9F69398-249C-467C-A55D-6F1C5BBC5D56.jpeg

Getting a run in the lovely weather before the hurricane hits. I am trying my best to keep calm, running helps. Keep me in your positive thoughts.

(And on a random note, today I’m missing working at Panera Bread and getting to bake all the beautiful Challah breads with apple filling and honey drizzle. Happy Rosh Hashanah!)

Send you good luck for the impending storm. Hopefully you get through it unscathed!

I hope the hurricane doesn't cause too much trouble for you. Stay safe!
Also ... apple filling in the challah? Interesting ... I've actually never seen that, but it makes perfect sense for Rosh Hashanah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!