Running with iPhone 7 plus

ljcrochet

DIS Veteran
i have great running tights that has a pocket for my iPhone 7 plus, but now summer is here, I need a different solution for my phone. I also need to carry my car key.
What works for you?

I run with my iPhone 7 plus in my hand but I am probably in the minority in that.

Tried that once. Was good until my hands started sweating and I dropped the phone (luckily has otterbox on it and nothing happened).
I have never had that problem thankfully. Ran the WDW marathon with it in my hand too.

The pockets in Athleta's dolby skort fit a large phone, but double layer (shorts, not briefs, plus the skirt) is warmer than a tight short. The pockets in their be free shorts have similarly sized pocket.

i have great running tights that has a pocket for my iPhone 7 plus, but now summer is here, I need a different solution for my phone. I also need to carry my car key.
What works for you?

I have used several solutions for carrying my iPhone 6S Plus, which is about the same size. I use it to listen to audiobooks, so all these solutions work with Bluetooth headphones:

1. Roo Pouch tucked in the waistband at the small of my back (Current preferred method for short runs)
2. Amphipod Microstretch belt (Old preferred method for short runs
3. Front pocket of Orange Mud Hydraquiver Vest Pack 1 or back pocket of Single Barrel Hydraquiver (medium runs)
4. Front pocket of Orange Mud Endurance Pack (long runs)

An option for every occasion! Good luck finding one that works for you!

For short distances, especially if I use my iPhone 6 plus for intervals, I keep it in my hand. It has a flip leather cover with a window that let me see my pace and a place for a card or key.

For long distance I use an armband purchased on Amazon in which I can put key, kleenex, etc. Body Glide and switching arm after 10k is required.

I can't stand something around my waist.

I strongly recommend flipbelts! I've run a marathon with an iPhone in one, and oodles of training miles with assorted stuff in them. Far better than an arm strap or waist pouch.

Same - my flipbelt is one of my favorite running accessories - and fits my plus phone perfectly - even the version with the zipper.

I use the Large Pocket Spibelt as well. I have a few of them. Purchased one at the Dark Side Expo this year. Mine is also in an otter box and has a pop socket on it and it accommodates my car key and a goo. It doesn't bounce at all. I also run with my Apple Watch and love it. I did have an issue with my watch during the Dark Side...I think it overheated in the Florida sun and cut off during the 10K, so now when its really sunny I just flip it to the underside of my wrist. I did that during the ½ and had no issues. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I run with my iPhone 7 plus in my hand but I am probably in the minority in that.
I did that Tuesday. Hated it.

option for every occasion! Good luck finding one that works for you!
Thanks.
Anyone run with an Apple Watch
My husband runs with his Apple Watch. He usually leaves the phone either at home or locked in the glove box.

I ordered one of the waist bands recommended. I picked on with free returns in case I hate it.

You will like the flip belt. Never had issues with it bouncing around but then I only put my phone and a goo into it. Thinking of getting an apple watch 2 since my garmin took a dump on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter