Running, Jogging and Walking at DVC

theoarn

Mouseketeer
I thought I would invite joggers and runners as well as walkers to give us their routes when they are staying at DVC.
Does Disney have any routes already laid out?
Theo

The route I usually take is around Crescent Lake on the Boardwalk. Caskbill measured it out a few years ago at .79 of a mile. I also cut down the back sidewalk to MGM from the bridge to the Swam/Dolphin to add a little change of scene (I don't know the exact distance but if memory serves me right it's about 2/3 of a mile from the Boardwalk main pool to the MGM entrance).

HBC

I enjoy running the path behind OKW's South Point stop. If you run back through the condos and hit the path, it will take you to SSR and around DTD. It's a really cool run. Pretty views of the courses, SSR and DTD. I don't have it mapped out, but someone said it's about a 3 mile path. I didn't have my Garmin with me, but knowing how fast (well, not really, but...) I run a mile, I'd say that was pretty close.

Thanks for starting the thread! I look forward to seeing other's responses for when we stay at other resorts!

Does Disney have any routes already laid out?
Guest Services at some resorts have walking/jogging layouts that include distances. I know they have this at BWV, and I think some of the other resorts have them too. I would think this is a fairly common request that the GS desk in the lobby of each resort could help you with.

The map of the Epcot Resort area shows a running path on the road between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk (where the road goes under the waterway), but I wouldn't recommend it - there's no sidewalk there, and you end up running on the roadway itself, which is rather narrow. Lots of buses and traffic going through there, and I felt pretty exposed - I only did it once, and now I just cut through the Beach Club and take the path between the hotel and the villas, then the small sidewalk around the edge of the hotel (the side closest to Epcot) which joins up with the main walkway around Crescent Lake.

The map of the Epcot Resort area shows a running path on the road between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk (where the road goes under the waterway), but I wouldn't recommend it - there's no sidewalk there, and you end up running on the roadway itself, which is rather narrow. Lots of buses and traffic going through there, and I felt pretty exposed - I only did it once, and now I just cut through the Beach Club and take the path between the hotel and the villas, then the small sidewalk around the edge of the hotel (the side closest to Epcot) which joins up with the main walkway around Crescent Lake.

There is in fact a sidewalk through the tunnel, but it's a narrow one. And I think you are right that there is no sidewalk approaching the tunnel. I just run around Crescent Lake as many times as it takes for the desired mileage.

Is there anyplace else in the world where there are three layers of transportation, with road on the bottom, waterway in the middle, and walkway on the top?!

Is there anyplace else in the world where there are three layers of transportation, with road on the bottom, waterway in the middle, and walkway on the top?!

Well...there's that area over by the Contemporary, where there's roadway which goes under the waterway, and the monorail is right there, too!

where are you going?

OKW I like to walk around the resort itself - then if I still need to - walk over to DD (especially early in the morning - before the shops open) - then you could walk SSR paths.

VWL has access to FW paths - you can walk or jog for miles over at FW.

bcv/bwv - has probably the worst - you can't escape others here. I like the walk closer to the road - and yes it does come back around walking in the street is not necessary. - there is a little path. but even here I meet others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter