Running headphones/earbuds recommendations

Allison

DIS Veteran
I need new headphones/earbuds for use during my running sessions. Any suggestions? I wear running skirts and have my phone in the front pocket so I need something with a long cord or wireless that would work well with the phone in a pocket. I'm also slow so they need to last for over 3 hours if bluetooth.

I really like my jaybird. I'm slow as well and they last me over 3 hours. I also like how the wing keep the bud stay in ear.

I have hard-to-fit ears - small canals so most either hurt or fall out. Tried a TON of different types, but the two I love are my wired Yurbuds and wireless JBL Reflect Mini BT. I also run in skirts a lot, so mostly use the wireless, but keep my Yurbuds around as backup or in case of dead battery on the others.

Check out Trekz Titanium Bluetooth headphones. They use bone conduction to transfer the sound, leaving your ears free and open. That lets you hear traffic and other surroundings when running, making the design a nice safety feature. they are all I run in any more.

I don't have a Bluetooth suggestion because my tiny mp3 player doesn't support it but enjoy zip buds because they don't tangle. They're kind of on the cheaper side but they make them with/without volume adjustment buttons and they don't tangle when I run. I will say I only ever run with one for safety and the volume is so low I can hear traffic etc.

I haven't found a good wireless option yet. Every one I've tried drops in and out during the run.

For wired ones I have 2. I have a 20ish dollar pair of Skullcandy sports. The earbuds are designed to stick in your ear with out needing any extra wings or anything like that. It is just the little bud that kind of latches onto your ear if you have the right fit. Hard to describe but i love them.

I also have some Bose in ear sports that are amazing. They are more expensive but definitely worth it if you don't lose headphones.

I'm another supporting Yurbuds. I recently switched from wired to wireless, but stuck with the Yurbuds. I always use the over the ear ones as well. I just find the work better for me.

I had been looking for a good set of wireless headphones and got these. I agree, they're awesome.

I used to run with the standard iPhone earbuds but hated having to adjust the cord all the time. These are lightweight, comfortable, has all the functionality of the iPhone buds, are sweat- and water-proof, and hold a charge for up to 7.5 hours of listening time. I've only had them for a few weeks but am super pleased to have made the switch to them.

I use Beats Wireless for running and the gym. They go over the ear and stay put no matter what I'm doing. Target always has them on sale. I think they are $99.99 this week and you can get an additional 5% off with your Target RedCard.

I use Beats Wireless for running and the gym. They go over the ear and stay put no matter what I'm doing. Target always has them on sale. I think they are $99.99 this week and you can get an additional 5% off with your Target RedCard.
They released a new version and the old version (Powerbeats2) is $99. I tried 2 pairs and they wouldn't pair well with my phone, so I ended up paying the full price for the Powerbeats3, which seem to work better (new Bluetooth chip or something?).

For me, the big advantage with the Powerbeats is they come with different-sized covers - the Plantronics were too big for my ears and it hurt to wear them. With the Powerbeats I can use the smaller covers and they don't hurt my ears.

i just did a quick google search for the ones I have. this random place tech rabbit has them for 9.99. i just ordered 2 more because they work awesome and at that price I couldn't afford not to. they are still 65 bucks on amazon. they are the yurbuds focus limited edition wireless.

They released a new version and the old version (Powerbeats2) is $99. I tried 2 pairs and they wouldn't pair well with my phone, so I ended up paying the full price for the Powerbeats3, which seem to work better (new Bluetooth chip or something?).

For me, the big advantage with the Powerbeats is they come with different-sized covers - the Plantronics were too big for my ears and it hurt to wear them. With the Powerbeats I can use the smaller covers and they don't hurt my ears.

I have the power beats 2 and an iPhone 6 Plus and have no issues. My DH has the 6s plus and no issues with his pair either. That stinks that they didn't work for you. I hate to pay full price for anything LOL!!!!

I have the power beats 2 and an iPhone 6 Plus and have no issues. My DH has the 6s plus and no issues with his pair either. That stinks that they didn't work for you. I hate to pay full price for anything LOL!!!!
Yeah, I'm not thrilled. I have an iPhone 6S and once I updated to iOS 10 things seemed to go kaput.

Granted, the first pair cracked - I repaired them with superglue but I thought maybe the crack has caused them not to work as well. But the brand new Powerbeats2 didn't work either, soooo :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter