Running down the aisle

ToontownPrincess

Mouseketeer
Let's start with the basics:

Name: Mallory
Height: 5'2''
Weight: 140 lbs
Things to know: I am a cake decorator...which makes it hard to eat right. I'm getting married this summer in Hawaii. I've run 4 half marathons but have taken a little hiatus from running due to laziness and missing my running buddy (We stopped running together when she got pregnant, and recently had a beautiful baby boy). My fiance has decided to give running a try so we will be running a 5k in 1 week and, depending on how he likes it, plan to start training for the 2012 Wine & Dine. I also would like to run the 2013 WDW Full Marathon
Healthy Living Goals: This journal will be a combination of my weight loss plans for my wedding and all training aspects for my running events. I want to develop healthy eating habits, slim down for my big day, and become a stronger/faster runner.

I'm looking forward to the journey ahead!

37.jpg

I started doing P90X to slim down my waist and to tone my muscles. It's been difficult finding the energy to workout after waking up at 5am (and not getting enough sleep the night before). My fiance gets off work late and I like to spend time with him. I'm finally starting to get into a routine though....I just recently started working early mornings...so my plan is as follows:

5am: Wake Up
6am-3pm: Work
4pm: P90X Workout
5pm/5:30pm:Power Nap
7pm: Healthy Well Balanced Dinner
8:30pm: Running Training
10pm: Bed Time

Sounds doable so we'll see how it works out

32.jpg

Thank you! I'm getting married on June 28, 2012. I've known my fiance since high school and we've been dating 4 1/2 years now. I'm so excited to marry him!

Ring.png

Thanks everyone! Ok well Easter week at work killed me. Too much work and wedding planning and I allowed myself to slack on my workouts. Next week should be slow so I will have the energy to get back on track. The IOA Corporate 5k is Thursday night so I want to be running more.

38.jpg

Well I'm sad to report the only workout I've done was my actual run at the Corporate 5k. Never having trained with my fiance, we found it very difficult to run together. He has long legs and I have very short legs so maintaining the same pace was difficult. That being said, we did have a good run. Our finish time was roughly 42-45 mins (depending on when we actually crossed the start line). Not bad for absolutely no training and being completely unprepared.
The wedding is in 2 months. I am having a hard time actually getting motivated to workout. I want to loose weight and I know I have put a signifigant effort in to it. Every day after work I manage to talk myself out of going to the gym or just putting on my running shoes and stepping out the door. I need to find that drive....something that will push me to look past my excuses and to the gym. That's my goal for tonight. Find a motivation to get me up and keep me going

52.jpg

Think of how good you will look in that dress and how much stamina you will have on your wedding day and night!

I am happy to report that I have been working out regularly. Better yet, I also have improved my diet drastically. I've put a stop to snacking at work (brownies, cookies, chocolates, etc) and I've added a lot more fruits and veggies to my diet. I'm on my way to a better me!

I'm trying to get an appointment for my first fitting for tomorrow...having trouble getting through to anyone right now. I haven't lost any weight so far but I feel more energetic throughout the day so that's improvement!

I've been on a bit of a rollercoaster with my workouts. I yo-yo with about a week of being really good then a week of being not so good. I haven't lost any weight but my ultimate goal is more to get in a habit of working out and eating right....so I'm still working on that. Still doing better than I was before when I never worked out and ate junk all the time. Baby steps! My wedding is in less than a month so my fiance and I said we're both going to commit hardcore to this healthy lifestyle. I would love to just tone a little (stomache, thighs, & hips mainly). I think I'll do some research on the best ways to go about doing that. Side note....if I don't loose any weight before the wedding, then I won't have to worry about paying any more money for dress alterations, haha :woohoo:

Well life got a little busy and I didn't stopped working out for a bit. I was in Hawaii from June 26-July 6th. I married my best friend on June 28th! The ceremony was beautiful! Even though I didn't hit my weight loss goal, I'm still very happy with how I looked in my dress. And this doesn't mean my journey is over. Vacation is officially over tomorrow and that means back to the gym. My husband and I will be running as to train for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We hope to register soon...my husband wants train a little first to see if he's up for it. Oh, here's a picture of me in my dress on my wedding day.....
Mrs.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter