Running and Racing and Dancing and Chasing: A 2017 Princess Half Marathon Weekend Trip Report!

Yay! A Princess Weekend trip report! I am enjoying it. The view from your room, especially in the morning, is great!

It's disappointing to just miss rope drop, but you still got a lot done!

I haven't been to Disney Springs yet. I'll make sure to get a map when I go! The last time I went there, it was still Downtown Disney. It was Disney Springs on my last trip, but I didn't make it over there since I was focused on seeing the Christmas decor around WDW.

So instead of Mine Train, we headed over to meet Ariel in her Grotto! No wait for this. K was hilarious...like, she was totally star-struck! (Cropped her out of this one.)

It happens to the best of us.
The first time I met Ariel, I was so excited that I basically freaked her out by going on and on about how excited I was. And this was on my 4th or 5th trip. So even seasoned Disney vets get star-struck sometimes!

Would we make it out without getting punched by a fellow Princess?? Stay tuned to find out! :eek:

It makes me very sad that this is even a question. People ... :sad2:

By the way ... I kinda get where K is coming from, because I don't love Haunted Mansion either. I don't hate it, but I can take it or leave it.
(ducks flying objects)
I'm glad she at least liked Big Thunder Mountain. That one's also kind of a classic. (I've still never done Tiki Room, so I can't comment on that one ... but the song does get stuck in my head sometimes)

I love your morning pics of the AKL. The sun is so pretty! And I love that you can see the step sisters riding the carousel!
Me too! I knew Alice and the White Rabbit would go on the teacups but I didn't know anyone ever went on the carousel.
AKL looks so stunning!!! Too bad your rope drop didn't work out, but it seems like you got tons done regardless! Also, seriously, who doesn't like HM??!!
It's so pretty there. Such a beautiful resort!

She said it was creepy or something?? I was just like "WUT." o_O
Beautiful pictures! I especially like the off-kilter one of the castle. You got quite a lot done in that short time, and I agree that Haunted Mansion is one of the best rides. Maybe she needs to try it again, could be an acquired taste?
It's off-kilter to try to cut people out of the picture! :upsidedow Maybe you are right about HM. She kept saying, "isn't this a little scary for kids?" and I was just like "Disney isn't just for kids!!"
Great pics! Love your Beauty and the beast inspired tees! Love mickeys PhilharMagic! So embarrassed to say I've never been to the tiki room!
Thanks! :) You gotta try the Tiki Room!! :teeth:
The Tiki Room stays with you for life!

Yaaaaaaassss!
You know it. ::yes::
Love the sunrise at AKL!

HM is one of the best rides ever. The tiki room does stay with you for life that is for sure.
It sure does. I feel like that needs to be on a t-shirt somewhere.
She didn't like the HM??? :sad2: I don't even know what to say. That ride is such a classic and one of my all time faves. I even make my kids go on it even though they tell me it scares them a little - I'm like "suck it up girls, that one is mommy's favorite!" :rotfl2:
The tiki room - that is one I haven't had it in me to do in a long time. I just can't.
Beautiful castle pic! And I love that the stepsisters were on the carousel! I wish Disney would do more of that spontaneous fun stuff.
Even when we have a car, we always take the bus to the MK - it's so much faster. Such a hassle to park, take the tram, then get on the ferry (or monorail)!
She did not. We did get stuck at the Bride part for a bit so maybe that was it for her!

I agree about the spontaneous stuff. I think Disneyland is pretty good that way...WDW not as much.

I totally should have just gotten the bus. It took us like 45 minutes to get to the MK!!
following along...i was there to run for my first 5k. i read your wdw marathon trip report to get myself psyched for my first ever 5K.
Oh yay! I hope you loved the 5K. Thanks for following along! :yay:
Yay! A Princess Weekend trip report! I am enjoying it. The view from your room, especially in the morning, is great!

It's disappointing to just miss rope drop, but you still got a lot done!

I haven't been to Disney Springs yet. I'll make sure to get a map when I go! The last time I went there, it was still Downtown Disney. It was Disney Springs on my last trip, but I didn't make it over there since I was focused on seeing the Christmas decor around WDW.
:) I was happy with our view since we paid for a standard one. Better than the parking lot!

Yeah, I kept googling a Disney Springs map when I was there. It was so confusing to me!
It happens to the best of us.
The first time I met Ariel, I was so excited that I basically freaked her out by going on and on about how excited I was. And this was on my 4th or 5th trip. So even seasoned Disney vets get star-struck sometimes!
I was star-struck during the 10K. You're right, it happens!
It makes me very sad that this is even a question. People ... :sad2:
Right?? No words. :(
By the way ... I kinda get where K is coming from, because I don't love Haunted Mansion either. I don't hate it, but I can take it or leave it.
(ducks flying objects)
I'm glad she at least liked Big Thunder Mountain. That one's also kind of a classic. (I've still never done Tiki Room, so I can't comment on that one ... but the song does get stuck in my head sometimes)
:eek: You don't?! I'll let it slide.

She did like Big Thunder! I wasn't sure if she would since she said she wouldn't do thrill rides, so I took a risk with that one and it paid off! You need to go Tiki Room though - a Walt original!

2017 Princess Half Marathon Expo!

We headed to ESPN Wide World of Sports and were parked a little before 4PM.
33129372866_c85006fc15_z.jpg

First stop was the HP Field House. I picked up my 5K and GSC bibs, and K picked up her 10K bib. It was EMPTY! :yay: Princess Half weekend has a reputation for being the craziest race weekend as far as getting merchandise at the expo (people grabbing things out of each other's hands, getting punched, eBay re-sellers snapping up all of the goods, etc.), so I'd purposely scheduled our day so that we'd be there right about now - late afternoon - hoping that the crazies* would be gone. And they were! And not only that, but everything seemed to be pretty well-stocked. We were very pleased with our decision to go to the expo later in the day!

*not saying everything that showed up early was crazy...you know what I mean. Right?

I picked up my shirts in the HP Field House...really like them a lot! For Princess weekend, they are short-sleeved. Some day Disney will do women's cut shirts for their 5K races...maybe. I'm also waiting for Apple to put out redhead emojis...I have big dreams. :surfweb:
33043257121_831f776962_z.jpg

I then headed upstairs to pick up my pre-ordered pins. The half pin is so friggin weird.
32788531570_1cc59268ba_z.jpg

This pin is for the ribbon of the pink Coast-to-Coast medal I am hoping to get in May (for doing both Princess and Tinker Bell weekends - half marathons or challenges only qualify for this!):
33043260511_cb4e1c9ca9_z.jpg

There was a small selection of merchandise here - I grabbed 2 wine glasses (Princess Half and runDisney) and Sweaty Bands.
32458612193_9a7a0154ce_z.jpg

33129361896_5faaced759_z.jpg

I looked at, but did not buy, the Dooneys - so proud of myself. :wizard:

From there, we headed into the J Center where K would pick up her race shirt.
32325734844_53df1a0e6f_z.jpg

We also split a small bottle of champagne!
32788530010_460b7d5f78_z.jpg

There were recreations of props from the live-action BaTB movie out, like Mrs. Potts (not sure if one of those mugs is supposed to be Chip? It doesn't really look like it)! The enchanted rose was also out, but when we walked by there were maybe 20-30 people in line to see it. We passed.
33043268411_4f92b85228_z.jpg

I grabbed "I did it!" shirts for the half and GSC (which only seem to be stocked in the J Center, not in the HP Field House merchandise area), and then we just perused the booths for a bit.
33014453542_ddef88f46c_z.jpg

33170934545_dc8f2e8a8f_z.jpg

Tink medals! I'll be trying to get these in May!
33170938175_e8c2571c43_z.jpg

And we headed out at about 5:15! No one got punched (that I saw, anyway) and I never felt that my personal space was invaded, so that was cool.
32355583483_8834e63a51_z.jpg

Last edited:

NAAN!

Back at the resort, I started getting stuff together for the 5K the next morning.

32355582663_18f9836cbf_z.jpg

We headed over to Kidani and hung out near the savannah for a bit.

32788519340_98db7e736e_z.jpg

32788512530_c75c1970dc_z.jpg

Dinner tonight was at Sanaa...one of my top-5 favorite Disney restaurants!

When a meal has both naan AND wine, you know it's a winner! ::yes::

32355575883_f833075476_z.jpg

33129354746_b2ee8a5de0_z.jpg

Dinner! Rice (so good), Paneer (meh - it's a type of cheese and was just sort of rubber-y? Looks like tofu in this picture) and BUTTER CHICKEN!! MY LOVE, WE ARE REUNITED AT LAST AFTER 6 LONG WEEKS APART!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

33129354846_def77dd1a2_z.jpg

K ordered the same thing as me, except lentils instead of the paneer. Two thumbs up for Sanaa!

We finished dinner around 8:45...on the walk back to Jambo we got a text that M had arrived! Our travel party was complete! :banana:

We headed to the room to get ready for bed, and K & M informed me that they were going to wake up the same time that I was the next morning (3:15AM) even though they weren't running...what??? o_O They wanted to go to the gym and K thought it would help her get up more easily for the 10K. I thought they were insane and told them so...whatever!

Fitbit results:

Steps: 23,697
Miles: 10.03

Coming up - the 2017 Princess 5K! princess:

Last edited:
The princess expo didn't sound as crazy as it did in years past this year. Maybe people are starting to realize it's not worth being crazy?

That half pin is really strange. That doesn't even look like Belle.

For a female centered race I really like those think medals. I plan on running that one year just because it's right around my birthday and some years falls on my birthday.

I've never been to Sanaa. Everyone raves about it and the bread service. I have to get over there some day.

Going in the afternoon for Princess is such a better experience! That is our plan for next year for the 10th anniversary (we also don't care about that merchandise!)

Sanaa looks great! We love it there! We'll probably end up staying at AKV for Princess so Sanaa will be our post half meal before heading home!

Those Tink medals look so much better than previous years! I love the challenge metal!

What does butter chicken taste like? I must know!

Btw if you need a lobbyist for female-cut tech 5k shirts and red head emojis just let me know. I can make free time for those important causes.

Wow - an easy breezy princess expo! I must say I am SHOCKED!

Love the I Did It shirts - the vneck and the design on the back is great! Disney is really getting better at shirt design! (mostly)

That half pin...WTH happened to poor Belle??? I love the pins that are medal replicas with the little tiny ribbons on them - those are my favorite! :cloud9:

Yummy Sanaa! Love that place! Wine and bread make the perfect pre-race meal!

I was at the expo about an hour early and it was a breeze then too! I bought the same sweaty band but never got to wear it...wah :worried: so sad! I love me some naan and super embarrassed to say as many times as I've stayed at AKL I've never eaten there! I'm a loser, I know!!!!

The Belle pin for the Half is so weird. I don't know what happened with the printing process this year, but I really hope they get it together. I have really liked the pins in the past, but I would have been so disappointed with this year's Half pin.

I do really like the new Tinkerbell and Pixie Dust medals. I did the inaugural Pixie Dust and I'm proud of my medal, but that one was a little strange.

Good to know about the expo being less crowded in the afternoon. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future!

I was at the expo about an hour early and it was a breeze then too! I bought the same sweaty band but never got to wear it...wah :worried: so sad! I love me some naan and super embarrassed to say as many times as I've stayed at AKL I've never eaten there! I'm a loser, I know!!!!

I'm afraid to ask why you never got to wear your sweaty band!

The Belle pin for the Half is so weird. I don't know what happened with the printing process this year, but I really hope they get it together. I have really liked the pins in the past, but I would have been so disappointed with this year's Half pin.

I do really like the new Tinkerbell and Pixie Dust medals. I did the inaugural Pixie Dust and I'm proud of my medal, but that one was a little strange.

Good to know about the expo being less crowded in the afternoon. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future!

I'm afraid to ask why you never got to wear your sweaty band!
No need to be afraid....I got sick and flew home :(

Nice expo haul! But yeah, that half pin is kinda weird. Is it actually supposed to look like Belle? Because it really does not.

I'm glad you survived the expo with no injuries! You know how I feel about going later in the day ... I really think it does make such a difference!

That naan looks really good. (Then again, I like pretty much all bread, so it's rare for me to say that a bread doesn't look good)
Also, I'm very entertained that you're so in love with the butter chicken. I'm guessing it tastes as good as it looks.

Like everyone else I agree that half pin is odd, Belle looks creepy,where's her nose?!?! But I'm glad to see it was the logo pins for pre-order, hope it's like that for Darkside & the Dopey bundle being mini medals was just a mix up. I'm annoyed that for the marathon '18 you can't just pre-order a single pin. I'm sure they won't sell out, but it's nice having it pre-ordered especially after the wine & dine 10k pin problem.

I like the shirts, especially the 5k one! Yeah women's cut would be nice for sure. I like doing expos later in the day too, think we might aim for 2-3 too for Darkside. The last few we've done at night after my brother gets off work, but he isn't running (even though my sis-in-law texted saying she signed him, but never really did come to find out, fake news I guess) so we won't meet him. It's fine then but so close to closing I feel a little rushed & no characters out still.

I'll be trying to get these in May!
"Do or Do not, there is no try"--Yoda You WILL get them!

The princess expo didn't sound as crazy as it did in years past this year. Maybe people are starting to realize it's not worth being crazy?
I don't know, but after reading reports of last year's expo insanity, I am pleased that it was downright boring this year. :)
That half pin is really strange. That doesn't even look like Belle.
For real though! They did her eyes/eyebrows in yellow for some reason. I may try to "fix" it. :scratchin
For a female centered race I really like those think medals. I plan on running that one year just because it's right around my birthday and some years falls on my birthday.
Me too, and I am no Tink fan!
I've never been to Sanaa. Everyone raves about it and the bread service. I have to get over there some day.
It's so good, I highly recommend it!
Going in the afternoon for Princess is such a better experience! That is our plan for next year for the 10th anniversary (we also don't care about that merchandise!)
Yes, definitely wait and go later! So much more relaxed this way!
Sanaa looks great! We love it there! We'll probably end up staying at AKV for Princess so Sanaa will be our post half meal before heading home!
Isn't it the best? Love it there. The food is always good and interesting!
Those Tink medals look so much better than previous years! I love the challenge metal!
Me too, I am SO glad they re-designed it! :yay:
What does butter chicken taste like? I must know!
It tastes like heaven. :cloud9:

In actuality, it's hard to describe. Disney Food Blog says: "[it] has a rich, delicious sauce, full of complex flavors. Traditionally made with a combination of butter (natch), tomato puree, garam masala, and other spices..." It's just really good!
Btw if you need a lobbyist for female-cut tech 5k shirts and red head emojis just let me know. I can make free time for those important causes.
I appreciate that. You are a true hero. ::yes::
Wow - an easy breezy princess expo! I must say I am SHOCKED!
Me too!
Love the I Did It shirts - the vneck and the design on the back is great! Disney is really getting better at shirt design! (mostly)
I agree. I really like the cut of shirt they (runDisney) uses for the I Did It shirts - part of why I get them for most races. They're pretty comfortable!
That half pin...WTH happened to poor Belle??? I love the pins that are medal replicas with the little tiny ribbons on them - those are my favorite! :cloud9:
I like them too! Normally I don't get them (because I gotta draw the line somewhere when it comes to merchandise) but I do like having them for Coast-to-Coast!
Yummy Sanaa! Love that place! Wine and bread make the perfect pre-race meal!
I totally agree! A winning combination!
:( I'm sorry. I hope you are feeling better!!

You have to try Sanaa, it's so good!
Ugh, I know! I think they just did her facial features in a totally wrong color. It's so strange!
I agree with you there! I am happy that they re-designed the PDC medal!
Yes - it was the same at Tink and Wine & Dine. At Marathon Weekend in January I (unknowingly) got to the expo 30-45 minutes after it opened and it was INSANE. Later in the afternoon is the way to go!
Nice expo haul! But yeah, that half pin is kinda weird. Is it actually supposed to look like Belle? Because it really does not.
Like...yes? Maybe? :confused:
I'm glad you survived the expo with no injuries! You know how I feel about going later in the day ... I really think it does make such a difference!
Hey, me too! I am totally a convert to going later in the day, it is SO much better!
That naan looks really good. (Then again, I like pretty much all bread, so it's rare for me to say that a bread doesn't look good)
Also, I'm very entertained that you're so in love with the butter chicken. I'm guessing it tastes as good as it looks.
Yeah bread is pretty much always good. And I am not afraid to hide my love for Butter Chicken. :lovestruc I wonder if they'd let me get double butter chicken instead of the non-meat portion of that meal? I bet not...
Another @Ariel484 Trip Report! My sunday evening just improved. Can't wait to hear about the races!
:yay: Thanks for reading!!
Like everyone else I agree that half pin is odd, Belle looks creepy,where's her nose?!?! But I'm glad to see it was the logo pins for pre-order, hope it's like that for Darkside & the Dopey bundle being mini medals was just a mix up. I'm annoyed that for the marathon '18 you can't just pre-order a single pin. I'm sure they won't sell out, but it's nice having it pre-ordered especially after the wine & dine 10k pin problem.
Exactly!! The ink they used is too light. I have black and brown fine-point permanent markers, I may try to fix it. On the other hand, I also have zero artistic talent, sooo....:scratchin
I like the shirts, especially the 5k one! Yeah women's cut would be nice for sure. I like doing expos later in the day too, think we might aim for 2-3 too for Darkside. The last few we've done at night after my brother gets off work, but he isn't running (even though my sis-in-law texted saying she signed him, but never really did come to find out, fake news I guess) so we won't meet him. It's fine then but so close to closing I feel a little rushed & no characters out still.
Fake news, haha. I saw a lot of "fake news" signs during the half (at mile 1: "the race is almost over. Fake news!" stuff like that). But at Princess they did seem to do a good job re-stocking stuff later that first day so I'm sure you could show up late and still have a decent variety of stuff, you know?

At Wine & Dine expo they had characters out from 2-6 at the expo. Not sure if that's the same for all, but at Princess they did have Princesses out meeting (didn't feel like waiting in line).
"Do or Do not, there is no try"--Yoda You WILL get them!
Thanks!! :yay: :thumbsup2

Day 3: Friday, February 24, 2017 - 2017 Princess 5K! Part 1
Happy 5K Day!
32178932500_803559248c_z.jpg

This was my second time running this race (I ran it in 2014) and 4th time on this course (it's the same as the January 5K). BUT...this was my first time running this course from Corral A! :banana: And it was AWESOME!

I was up at 3:15AM...so were K and M! :confused3 Alright then!

I got ready and we said good-bye. I hopped on a bus and headed to Epcot around 3:45ish, I think. The ride seemed sort of long, but whatever!

I headed through the no bag check line and wasted no time in making my way to the runner’s only area. I wanted to get a good spot in my corral!

33043538831_41737d48e7_z.jpg

I made a porta-potty stop and headed to Corral A. Here, I plopped down and ate my granola bar that I'd brought with me from home.

I was surprised when runDisney volunteers told us they would be walking us up to the starting line already...at 5:10AM! The race wasn't due to start until 6AM, so this was confusing. I think I was expecting them to walk us up closer to 5:40 or something.

32325994594_492e024d4f_z.jpg

There's a girl in the above picture right under the starting line wearing a purple tutu. She was in full, heavy make-up (I SO cannot run with make-up on. I sweat way too much for that. Also, I just don't care enough to put make-up on before running!). It turns out that the reason we'd been walked up to the front was that there was a film crew (those people in the orange vests) filming a promotional runDisney video, and the girl in the purple tutu was the star. I'd never seen her before but another runner next to me said her name is Miranda May, and she has a show on the Disney Channel. She was doing the 5K with her mom.

Her she is...her mom is in the white hat.

32325994474_57948efdf5_z.jpg

She would say a line about how they were doing the 5K together and we were instructed to cheer/clap/act excited.

33171140815_dd2c8216d3_z.jpg

A few people were picked to step forward and act like they were stretching and getting ready for the race and they had to sign releases for that. Overall, the filming stuff went on for about 30 minutes. It was interesting to watch, and made me think that there's no way I would ever be cut out for acting (not that this is, you know, an ambition of mine...but Miranda had to say that same couple of lines 4-5 times and she and her mom did a good job of acting excited each and every time...I don't think I could do that!). I'll be curious to see if I pop up in the background of that video!

After that was done, it was time for normal pre-race stuff...shout-outs to sponsors, the National Anthem, promos for other runDisney races, etc.

The wheelchair race start was first (I think just one person today, can't remember for sure) and then it was our turn at 6AM! Lately runDisney has been doing "mini waves" for the corral starts for the 5K and 10K races, so I wanted to make sure I was up at the front of my corral to be in the first starting wave of Corral A. I think they did 4 waves per corral this morning, starting a couple of minutes apart.

Last edited:
2017 Princess 5K! Part 2

3-2-1-GOOOOO!
32325993814_69f22bcac6_z.jpg

I took off - and I mean that literally! Since this was my first time doing this course from the front of the pack, it seemed like a great opportunity to get some character photos with short lines! Yay!

The first mile is all Epcot parking lot. I'd set my watch up for :30/:30 run/walk intervals and just completely ignored it. My desire for character photos out-weighed the idea that I should probably be cautious today since I was so undertrained! This is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" instances...I started this race way too fast and it caught up with me later! :rolleyes1

The first character stop I saw was Meeko - I have met him before, so I passed him up.

Mile 1 - clocked in at 10:21! Fastest mile I have run in a long time - that's closer to pre-injury pace for me! :yay:

33014728182_d0e1bcf016_z.jpg

The course then led us into Epcot, in between Mexico and Norway. I was crossing my fingers for Norwegian Daisy, but instead, it was vikings. :mad: THIS DOES NOT COUNT AS A CHARACTER STOP, RUNDISNEY!!! ARG!! :furious:

I love Disney parks all lit up in the dark, though, so my disappointment was short-lived. :)

32325992504_1345b8ef2e_z.jpg

I got free pictures from PhotoPass this weekend since I have an Annual Pass. PhotoPass does SUCH a great job with the race pictures! I never know what to do with my hands/arms when I see the photographers, so you'll see a lot of pictures of me that look like this:

32815310950_74a10979ee_z.jpg

And another! Hands in the air like I just don't care!

32815314110_2d99bb1f2b_z.jpg

Dopey was out in Germany. I got in line for about 30 seconds and then changed my mind and hopped out. The line wasn't long at all, I just wasn’t super interested and was hoping someone that I liked more or was more rare was coming up later in the race. Dopey's just not a favorite of mine!

I did stop for Abu and his crazy eyes in Morocco, though! Short line - I was loving this Corral A life!

33014727772_bf60fe48d6_z.jpg

Speaking of crazy eyes...look at mine in the PhotoPass version! I often get my pictures back from them with some sort of red-eye correction done (sigh), so I don't know if it's that in this one or just a weird angle, but I feel like I look like I have crazy demon/Children of the Corn-type eyes! Also, obviously not looking at the camera. EEEK!

33156113216_4932862101_z.jpg

Suzy and Perla were out in France, so I stopped for them, too. Again, another short line...less than 10 people I think.

From my phone:

33014727542_935deb8145_z.jpg

From PhotoPass, looking like a normal human in this one!

33197927615_af5bc7dfc3_z.jpg

Heading across the bridge between France and the UK, toward the International Gateway, I passed that film crew/Miranda May again. Hmm. I wonder if she actually completed the entire race or was there purely for the promotional video?

2017 Princess 5K! Part 3

We briefly left the park - mile marker 2!

32325991684_8099733879_z.jpg

And back into Epcot!

32788770360_e88abc86dd_z.jpg

32355865903_f696515c70_z.jpg

I was totally starting to run out of gas during this last mile! :faint: I think my fast-for-me first mile combined with just eating the granola bar that morning was catching up to me. The 94% humidity and, shall we say, *very light* training I had done for this weekend didn't help!

I thought this stop out by Nemo during the last mile was pretty cool - Festival of Fantasy dancers! I think there were only a couple of people in front of me for this one!

32325993964_0f796d046e_z.jpg

Looooove this beauty! And I can't get over how freaking empty the course is! :cloud9:

33014726122_539902ca43_z.jpg

Mile Marker 3!

32325991584_7272cd974e_z.jpg

Quite possibly one of my favorite running photos ever. A lit-up Spaceship Earth behind me where I'm not looking super flabby? Yes please! ::yes::

32815314950_644a8e765b_z.jpg

And the finish!

33014724602_ac47a2eec2_z.jpg

33130604136_f26817327b_z.jpg

I wasn't lying when I said I 100% do not know what else to do with my hands/arms when PhotoPass is around...

33197929225_4154dc88d6_z.jpg

5K Done! I was handed my super cute Chip and Mrs. Potts medal (picture to come). I ran into @TeeterTots in the finisher chute - so glad she said hi! :)

So, here's something that I have never had happen to me before at a Disney race - I was done early enough that the buses back to the resorts weren't out yet! :scratchin In fact, I think the last corral had just started their race when I finished mine (there are 6-8 minutes between corrals A-F for the 5K and 10K races). Normally I'll just finish the race and hop right on a bus, but Mile 1 of the course needed to be totally cleared for the buses to pull up and exit, and the course still looked pretty full to me...so I hopped into a character line. Why not?

Hi, Cindy!

32815316120_5b99255d6e_z.jpg

And why not take a blurry picture with this backdrop?

32788765340_82192603d5_z.jpg

By now, I'd killed almost 30 minutes and the buses were out. I hopped on the AKL bus at about 7:15!

Snackbox! A random and delicious assortment! We also got a banana, water and Powerade. I inhaled the banana, applesauce and chips/fake cheese.
32355862373_4c121f9414_z.jpg

Up next: everyone is dragging after a super early morning!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter