runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

You may be disappointed in the towel. That thing looks more like a long scarf for my 7 lb dog.

The towel is a "cooling towel" be sure to read the directions on the back.
You need to "snap it" to activate it.
Happy to add them to my race towel collection from DL races last year!

woohoo got my medals today, have not been on her for a while so was totally surprised when I got them, New york, i love the cooling towels they were a life saver at the Staw wars dark side half in April.

I haven't received mine yet, but I plan to just keep them wrapped and only 'present' them to myself as I complete the runs. I'm actually hanging out for the towel as I need a new gym towel lol!

I'll be using my Garmin to record my runs, but there are heaps of apps you can use. MapMyRun and RunKeeper are popular ones.

With Garmin do you know if you can 'name' an individual run done on any given day?

This is so frustrating with the medals on the way they are delivered. Like whenever I order anything online, I like having my shipping number information and being able to follow the order or at least know that it is being shipped. This virtual run is pretty much just buying the medals but without any knowledge on the shipping information. I live in an apartment complex and I have no idea if the mailman is actually dropping my stuff off. Compared to FedEx and UPS, which I am confident that they assure my delivery with the ship tracking information and leaving it at my door. I wish Disney would handle this way better and if I call the call center half the time even for the RunDisney number doesn't even know of the race. For this being the first time doing a virtual run, it is not rubbing off as a reliable experience. The concerns I had going into it are all coming true.

How are you all reporting your times? The link in registration email is just taking me to a generic race info page.

How are you all reporting your times? The link in registration email is just taking me to a generic race info page.

Under the "Runner Info" tab on the generic page is a clickable "Finisher Certificate". Or you can scroll down the page to the link "Download Your Certificate". Clicking THAT link allows you to enter your info and time and download your certificate if you choose.

Hope this helps :)

Under the "Runner Info" tab on the generic page is a clickable "Finisher Certificate". Or you can scroll down the page to the link "Download Your Certificate". Clicking THAT link allows you to enter your info and time and download your certificate if you choose.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks so much! I didn't click that because I didn't care about the certificate. Lol

This is so frustrating with the medals on the way they are delivered. Like whenever I order anything online, I like having my shipping number information and being able to follow the order or at least know that it is being shipped. This virtual run is pretty much just buying the medals but without any knowledge on the shipping information. I live in an apartment complex and I have no idea if the mailman is actually dropping my stuff off. Compared to FedEx and UPS, which I am confident that they assure my delivery with the ship tracking information and leaving it at my door. I wish Disney would handle this way better and if I call the call center half the time even for the RunDisney number doesn't even know of the race. For this being the first time doing a virtual run, it is not rubbing off as a reliable experience. The concerns I had going into it are all coming true.
Sign up for notifications from USPS, that's how we figured out when it was coming. We check our dashboard and there was a package coming that only could have been it so we knew it was being delivered that day.

Completed June 5k today. We had tornadic storms Friday night that has left lots of damage. We had tree damage only but neighbors had house damage, so running today was a little emotional seeing the mess. 2 (EF-1 & Ef-2) tornados confirmed 10 miles from us with houses destroyes, & our straight line winds at us were 80-100 mph and power still out at some houses. The houses in the pics are neighbors on my route today, it was very hilly and lots of traffic due to detours (normally low traffic), but it was nice to get out after 2 days of tree clean up. Have some hip & knee pain the last few weeks that wasn't too bad today actually, I guess tree clean up cross training has been good for it & no one was hurt luckily that I've heard of! Dug out the June medal from hiding to display, it's so nice! Enjoy reading everyone else's runs going on! Keep it up!

IMG_0332.JPG

Sign up for notifications from USPS, that's how we figured out when it was coming. We check our dashboard and there was a package coming that only could have been it so we knew it was being delivered that day.

Thanks for the advice. I signed up for USPS tracking notifications, so hopefully that works out. I did email RunDisney and they responded back very quickly, which was impressive. They said it should ship by June 30th, which is good to hear. I just hope to receive it before this weekend so I have the June medal before I do my virtual run.

Btw, did my first run and 5K in 3 weeks in KC for the Arrowhead 5K. Wanted to run slow with recovering from Achilles Tendonitis, but ended up getting a PR of 22:11. This was good and bad. Good for getting a PR. Bad for trying to have my Achilles Tendonitis recover.

Completed June 5k today. We had tornadic storms Friday night that has left lots of damage. We had tree damage only but neighbors had house damage, so running today was a little emotional seeing the mess. 2 (EF-1 & Ef-2) tornados confirmed 10 miles from us with houses destroyes, & our straight line winds at us were 80-100 mph and power still out at some houses. The houses in the pics are neighbors on my route today, it was very hilly and lots of traffic due to detours (normally low traffic), but it was nice to get out after 2 days of tree clean up. Have some hip & knee pain the last few weeks that wasn't too bad today actually, I guess tree clean up cross training has been good for it & no one was hurt luckily that I've heard of! Dug out the June medal from hiding to display, it's so nice! Enjoy reading everyone else's runs going on! Keep it up!

View attachment 245787

Oh my!! What part of NE are you in? My husband is from Syracuse and we have family in Lincoln.

My medals came today. Good timing! Awarded myself my June medal from three weeks ago. Surgery tomorrow. Then to work back up to 3 miles again!

Oh my!! What part of NE are you in? My husband is from Syracuse and we have family in Lincoln.
Bellevue & Offutt Air Force base area. Lots of clean up still going. Lincoln is about 50 miles west of us and didn't get it as bad, I think just normal storms from what friends said.

Last edited:
For everyone who has received their medals already, did you do the early registration? Are those who did not sign up for early registration getting their medals early as well?

For everyone who has received their medals already, did you do the early registration? Are those who did not sign up for early registration getting their medals early as well?
I registered the day it came on sale. It does seem everyone getting them are getting the extra before April 30 stuff that I've seen post on social media.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!