runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

Interesting that some of you have received your medals. How were they delivered like regular mail, UPS, FedEx?

Have yet to run my June run. I'm running, just haven't recorded the run for runDisney. However, I got all my medals this past Saturday with all the goodies. Not going to lie, I'm disappointed. I feel like I haven't earned them.

My brother says he will keep them for me, and give them to me after each 5K I complete to keep with the spirit of earning medals after each run.

I haven't received mine yet, but I plan to just keep them wrapped and only 'present' them to myself as I complete the runs. I'm actually hanging out for the towel as I need a new gym towel lol!

What are you using to record your runs?

I'll be using my Garmin to record my runs, but there are heaps of apps you can use. MapMyRun and RunKeeper are popular ones.

Interesting that some of you have received your medals. How were they delivered like regular mail, UPS, FedEx?

I believe Int'l folks are receiving them via FedEx, USA folks via USPS. They are being packed in plain white boxes this year so hopefully won't be as much of a target for thieves. Latest delivery estimate for USA is that everyone should have them by the 16th.

Latest delivery estimate for USA is that everyone should have them by the 16th.
Funny, I read someone say the 12th the other day, which obviously isn't right. Then I read only International are getting them early. Then I read only those who get the extra bowl/tag for signing up by the 30th will get them early. Who knows, but I haven't ran June yet so if they come in I'll probably hide them till they are done.

Funny, I read someone say the 12th the other day, which obviously isn't right. Then I read only International are getting them early. Then I read only those who get the extra bowl/tag for signing up by the 30th will get them early. Who knows, but I haven't ran June yet so if they come in I'll probably hide them till they are done.

I know, it's insane the amount of conflicting information we are getting. LOL I'm trying to just enjoy the anticipation, like having a trip planned except with a much lower financial incentive. :rotfl2:

I haven't received mine yet, but I plan to just keep them wrapped and only 'present' them to myself as I complete the runs. I'm actually hanging out for the towel as I need a new gym towel lol!

I'll be using my Garmin to record my runs, but there are heaps of apps you can use. MapMyRun and RunKeeper are popular ones.

You may be disappointed in the towel. That thing looks more like a long scarf for my 7 lb dog.

You may be disappointed in the towel. That thing looks more like a long scarf for my 7 lb dog.

Mine just arrived at work :hyper::hyper::hyper: It came by FedEx and I had no prior notification.

I actually really like the towel - it's the perfect size to take hiking or to the gym just to wipe down the equipment :thumbsup2 I haven't unpacked any of the medals yet as I haven't done any of the runs ;)

And yes, it came in very plain packaging - I would never have had any idea what was in there if I hadn't been expecting it. I can't believe people have actually had theirs stolen from the mail!

Mine just arrived at work :hyper::hyper::hyper: It came by FedEx and I had no prior notification.

I actually really like the towel - it's the perfect size to take hiking or to the gym just to wipe down the equipment :thumbsup2 I haven't unpacked any of the medals yet as I haven't done any of the runs ;)

And yes, it came in very plain packaging - I would never have had any idea what was in there if I hadn't been expecting it. I can't believe people have actually had theirs stolen from the mail!

Do you live international or in the US?

I received mine in the mailbox yesterday (Southeastern Michigan). It was delivered via USPS in a plain white smallish cube box. Looking forward to fulfilling the next two 5Ks of the series.

So jealous of all you people who are planning to do your virtual runs on a Disney trip!

I'll have to find somewhere nice to do mine. A road trip may be in order to a nice national park trail.

Not as a part of this series, but I'm already looking forward to running the trails during our November dark side trip! :woohoo:

I'm glad you liked it! I don't like this type of towel. It feels flimsy to me.

Just got my virtual medal box for the series in by USPS (I'm in Nebraska). Haven't opened it yet though.

Just got my virtual medal box for the series in by USPS (I'm in Nebraska). Haven't opened it yet though.

Crossing my fingers I get it some point this week. I am not running this 5K until next weekend. I have two 5Ks this weekend, well it depends on my heel feels the morning of the second one.

Crossing my fingers I get it some point this week. I am not running this 5K until next weekend. I have two 5Ks this weekend, well it depends on my heel feels the morning of the second one.
Oh no, what's wrong with your heel? Hopefully you'll get yours soon too!

The cool core towel is nice too, just like the ones they hand out after races. The dog tag is cute too but I think it and the bowl we may display with our cup from last year, I don't want them to get messed up by our dogs, they wouldn't understand the collectableness of them, haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter