RunDisney Runner Collapsed and Passed Away

Yeah very sad situation. I didn’t see anything on course but heard people talking about it.

I regularly do runs and triathlon (normally happens in the swim Leg in tri) and this happens at all the big events. Running is great for you and will extend your life normally but if you have even a small defect with your heart running will test it out. You should haveacheck up before starting any training after a long period off. The 5k disney run is in a run length but people still normally push harder then in training and 5km need less training

These are more common than folks realize. I completed a 1/2 marathon about 3 or 4 years ago...a very "fit" mid-30s woman crossed the line about 5 minutes after me and collapsed. By the time her husband crossed the line 5 minutes later she had passed. Unbelievable to witness but stunning how often it happens.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!