runDisney offsite

mickeyfanachey1999

DIS Veteran
Who has stayed offsite for a runDisney event and driven to the race? How was it? Are you charged to park? Would you do it again?

Who has stayed offsite for a runDisney event and driven to the race? How was it? Are you charged to park? Would you do it again?

We had stayed at POR for our first five Marathon Weekends and decided to stay off property this year. I was nervous about how driving in was going to work, but it was great. No issues, just follow the signs and flow of traffic. You aren't charged to park and, if the weather is bad, it's nice to have somewhere climate controlled to stay until you head for the corrals.

I would definitely do it again. I preferred it to the on-site transportation for the races.

You would, of course, be charged if you were to drive back to the parks later in the day. I'm not sure how parking goes for spectators or at what time Disney begins charging to park.

Thanks...that was exactly what I wanted to know. I was thinking about sneaking in the Star Wars 5k in April but I got a quote for 2 nights at POP for just under $425 and didn't really want to spend that much.

For the races that start at Epcot, I believe if you get in the parking area before 7am you won't be charged. We parked the first year I did Princess and got in the parking lot at 3:30/4am and were some of the first ones there.

Thanks...that was exactly what I wanted to know. I was thinking about sneaking in the Star Wars 5k in April but I got a quote for 2 nights at POP for just under $425 and didn't really want to spend that much.

Did that include the bib price as well as the nightly rate?

Stayed at Bonnet Creek for the 2017 Dopey. Drove to every race. Easy Peasy. Paid $170/night for a 2 bedroom suite. We loved it so much that we will be doing again next year, and we are generally on-site guests.

We've also stayed off-site for a few race weekends and thought driving in was super easy. Ditto on no charge to park and you have the advantage of a vehicle you can sit in comfort and climate-control until time to walk to the corrals.

We stayed on-site this last time and I can tell you I was really missing the car. I think if we opt to stay on site for 2018 we will get a car again anyway rather than relying on the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter