RunDisney even registration - possible to change runner?

TheProphetPaul

Earning My Ears
I am planning on running the W&D 10k and Half, and I am going to encourage DW to run the 5k. However, She won't be ready to make that decision before registration. So I'm thinking of registering her just in case she decides to run. I know RunDisney states that the race registration is not transferable, but I would like to run the 5k if DW does not. If not transferred, the registration is just wasted. Any advice?

I have known several people to run in place of others, due to injuries sustained just prior to the race, or illness. Disney doesn't check that carefully, to be quite honest. It's definitely not allowed, per the rules, but people do it all the time. Your wife will have to be the one to actually pick up the bib. But, after that point, no one will notice if you run the 5k with her bib instead of her (except, you need to accept that risk that IF you get caught, you could be banned from running your other race and any future races).

The 5K is a very relaxed race. It is untimed, and they do not sweep this race as long as you keep moving forward. It is the most relxed of any of the rundisney distances. Especially since it is 8 month away, I think she can do it. Many people walk the entire thing. I would encourage her to go for it, she will finish as long as she keeps moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter