rundisney disneyland now that hotel is cancelled?

goodshepherd

Mouseketeer
sooo they cancelled the onsite hotel they were planning.

ok does this mean they will bring rundisney back to Disneyland?

we did the superheroes weekend, 5k and I did the half marathon :-) the last one at Disneyland.....

it was sooo much fun, and we enjoyed going behind the scenes in the secret tunnels and behind everything !!!! :-)

WOW it was soo much fun :-)

anyone have any news on this?

bring back rundisney to Disneyland !!!!

we love it :-)

we don't like virtual runs.

:-)

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

sooo they cancelled the onsite hotel they were planning.

ok does this mean they will bring rundisney back to Disneyland?

we did the superheroes weekend, 5k and I did the half marathon :-) the last one at Disneyland.....

it was sooo much fun, and we enjoyed going behind the scenes in the secret tunnels and behind everything !!!! :-)

WOW it was soo much fun :-)

anyone have any news on this?

bring back rundisney to Disneyland !!!!

we love it :-)

we don't like virtual runs.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Anything is possible but I have heard that Disney is still trying to figure out what to do about the west end of DTD. While Earl of Sandwich is back temporarily, we will have to wait and see about the other buildings.

Disney also now has a bucket of money they had earmarked for the new hotel, so I have heard they are trying to figure out what to use it for now.

I hope and pray that rD Anaheim will come back but I don't think it will happen until after SWGE opens; at the very least, they have to wait until the new parking structure is finished. I honestly hope that rD makes it way back but like with everything else SWGE will be the game changer.

Well the reason they cancelled was more because of the construction of the new parking structure (still being built) and Galaxy's Edge, the hotel actually had little to do with it.

Additionally, the city of Anaheim hasn't been playing nicely with Disney as of late, so getting permits and such to close city streets was becoming problematic, not saying impossible, just more difficult. Add in all of the construction around the city of Anaheim (new hotels, etc.) that is happening to prepare for Galaxy's Edge and more and it seems less and less likely.

So, while I would love to be proven wrong, I highly doubt we will see RunDisney back in Anaheim anytime soon.

I agree with pp that it probably won’t be back soon. I think it was primarily Anaheim stuff that stopped it. A new race started the first year Disney didn’t have one.

I agree with pp that it probably won’t be back soon. I think it was primarily Anaheim stuff that stopped it. A new race started the first year Disney didn’t have one.

That race was actually cancelled due to lack of registrations.

Though I hope it moves up the timeframe of rundisney returning, I don't know that it actually will. I think 2019 is out of the question. 2020 possibly. 2021 or later more likely.

That race was actually cancelled due to lack of registrations.

Though I hope it moves up the timeframe of rundisney returning, I don't know that it actually will. I think 2019 is out of the question. 2020 possibly. 2021 or later more likely.
Not really, they sold out almost instantly. Given the passing of Prop L, which means they may have to pay a minimum of $15 to all cast members added to the Anaheim mess, it isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

Not really, they sold out almost instantly. Given the passing of Prop L, which means they may have to pay a minimum of $15 to all cast members added to the Anaheim mess, it isn't likely to happen anytime soon.
I wasn't talking about the rundisney race...I was talking about the "new" superhero themed race that Anaheim was going to allow this year. That was cancelled due to lack of registration I heard.

I wasn't talking about the rundisney race...I was talking about the "new" superhero themed race that Anaheim was going to allow this year. That was cancelled due to lack of registration I heard.
The only race that got cancelled that already had registrations was the Star Wars race for January 2018. The race you must be talking about was not through Disney then.

I hope soo too. I like disneyland better than WDW for runs since we can stay at Disneyland Hotel and never have to ride a bus unlike WDW runs. So much easier on us.

The only race that got cancelled that already had registrations was the Star Wars race for January 2018. The race you must be talking about was not through Disney then.
Exactly. The race I was taking about was not a Disney race. A previous poster mentioned it and i was stating that it had been cancelled.

DUDE !!!!

they have cast member 5k but no rundisneyland ????

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol

I think this is the race in question: https://disboards.com/threads/anaheim-heroes-10-mile-run.3679313/.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!