Runaway Camper/Site Question

Just jumping on here since the title piqued my curiosity. What about a truck camper? We have a Lance 825 that basically takes the room of a parking space while it's on the truck.
Granted, this is hypothetical, as I don't see us driving all the way to the Fort from Texas with it, and if we did, we usually like to have hookups, but don't necessarily need full hookups.

I wonder if you may actually see one if you go searching for drive through videos of 1500 or 2000 loops..

Just jumping on here since the title piqued my curiosity. What about a truck camper? We have a Lance 825 that basically takes the room of a parking space while it's on the truck.
Granted, this is hypothetical, as I don't see us driving all the way to the Fort from Texas with it, and if we did, we usually like to have hookups, but don't necessarily need full hookups.
Hah...second video of 2000 loop I watched...not on the truck, but there it is....
836E37E3-9287-4964-BF02-8EA212CE51D0.jpeg

Based on threads here and the website description, :confused3.

I would say you are sort of a Class C motorhome. And FYI you would only get electric, upto 50 amps, and water.

My last input (as far as what seems to be allowed) for this thread...the following pics are all screen shots from a single drive thru of 2000 loop. Looks like it was December/Jan-ish as there were winter/Xmas decorations. In any case, I saw one older class A, 4 class C’s, another class C/B, a class B, and one travel trailer along with the pups and tents..so, this pretty much sums up what is permissible in my mind...so long as you know what you are getting, are able to fit, and FW folks say no problem...AC7223FB-1D17-45C8-B1AE-11FDCEB0000F.jpeg97EA446F-0866-4DCB-9C8C-2BC76BB7D070.jpeg8BF0600F-64EA-4E1D-B977-18AA3BB4C583.jpeg9DE5C697-3300-4AC5-A1F7-9E61053FA05E.jpegC46EEADB-B177-4551-8047-B61C91412B37.jpeg
THIS was travel trailer, was tough to get screen shot through the trees...

8A2BF239-B187-4BF5-B798-E78D7F191D24.jpegAF07A94F-3F21-4EB3-9FD5-3622469F8AC4.jpeg98C5FEC6-6FDB-4E3B-A14E-8AABA8938939.jpeg39BA59E7-CACC-4E32-9AF2-5B8F813C9593.jpeg

We were on a tent loop & had a full size driving motor home (class C) at the site next to us (& no they weren't otherwise full). I wouldn't fret too much about it.

Having/not having a bathroom makes a difference as to the need for partial or full hook up sites. Since there are only 2 partial sites as compared to the 19 sites with hookups. This specific camper is like a Teardrop/Tab with no bathroom.

We have a full bathroom, with shower, in our pop up, and always camp on the tent loops.

It will be hard enough to find an empty site to dump my chemical toilet, i haven't even thought of the gray water tank yet!

It's never hard. We just head to the loop closest to us, and there are always multiple empty sites early in the day. Evenings may be more difficult to find empty sites.

I'm just not sure exactly what the "phrase pop-up style or similar" means. To me its sounds like they are describing aliners or trailmanors and the like.

Those and hybrids, which are like travel trailers with canvas bunk ends that fold out, would be my guess

And FYI you would only get electric, upto 50 amps, and water.

And wifi and cable, of course. :)

Those and hybrids, which are like travel trailers with canvas bunk ends that fold out, would be my guess

Which makes it even more confusing since those are based on hard wall travel trailers.

Here is my trailer, KZ 180BH.

2018-KZ-RV-Sportsmen-Classic-180BH-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan.svg

Here is the model of my TT but with added bunks that add about 6 feet to its length and 4.5 feet to its width, KZ 180RBT .

2018-KZ-RV-Sportsmen-Classic-180RBT-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan.svg

I'm just trying to figure out what FW is trying to control. I'm also trying hard not to bring up topics from those other closed threads and keep the conversion going.

Last edited:
Which makes it even more confusing since those are based on hard wall travel trailers.

Here is my trailer, KZ 180BH.

2018-KZ-RV-Sportsmen-Classic-180BH-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan.svg

Here is the model of my TT but with added bunks that add about 6 feet to its length and 4.5 feet to its width, KZ 180RBT .

2018-KZ-RV-Sportsmen-Classic-180RBT-Travel-Trailer-Floorplan.svg

I'm just trying to figure out what FW is trying to control. I'm also trying hard not to bring up topics from those other closed threads and keep the conversion going.

I'm "guessing" that the difference is the canvas bunks sit about 4' above the ground, therefore are able to overhang the pad without impacting the ground underneath. By contrast, just backing in so the axle is on the pad, and a regular trailer overhanging, would be close enough to the ground to destroy plants over a period of time.

I'm sort of amused that there were two threads closed on this subject in the past. I can't imagine anyone getting that worked up about who camps where. At the end of the day, it's up to Disney to allow or deny certain units in certain loops. Even though there are significantly fewer tent/pop-up sites, I still find they are often the last category available when everything else is booked up. Lots of people in tents and pop ups are willing to pay extra for the convenience of an on-site sewer hole. Myself, I have more time than money, so always try for tent loops first. But, if someone else reserves them first, it is what it is. Just like everything else in life, we can't always have what we want. 8-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!