Run streaks

pluto377

DIS Veteran
I just decided to start a run streak in the run up to my birthday in March. Motivation without races is hard right now, especially to do hard workouts like speed and tempos. I thought I would try this and just focus on getting a run in every day instead of worrying about speed and distance so much. Figured this would keep me busy while I'm waiting for an in person race...

Anyone else done a run streak? For how long? Any tips or lessons learned?

I'm at 328 days (since Jan 1st) - most recent months have been more walking than running cause I have lost all motivation and gotten fatter, but I still go out every day, rain, shine, hot or cold. I'm hoping it helps me maintain some motivation for when races return but it has been hard. I'm at about 1520 miles so far - it would have been much more but I cut my distances a lot due to the motivation - had a goal of 2000 for the year, I guess I will try to hit that goal next year. No real lesson learned yet - although I suspect that I could be getting slower because I run every day and have less recovery. Mind you that can't be true for the last few months because it has been more walking, but early on when I was actually jogging daily then I think it may have hurt my overall fitness due to lack of recovery. So I am still trying to figure out the best way to maintain the streak and get fitter.

I did 117 days. It was in conjunction with a roughly 3 month challenge I was part of and during the summer when there wasn’t much else to do.

I have no experience with streaks but I do want to caution you to listen to your body and if it is telling you that you need rest then rest. Don't try to push through a run just to keep a streak alive and risk an injury if you know you need to take a day off.

Wow I thought this thread was about streaking! As in naked running. I've never heard of a run streak, but you live and learn :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter