Rumour about CeM - anyone hear anything?

kizzabel said:
Thats a pain re: the birth cert. I just checked mine to see as I was sure mine was in my maiden name but no its under my married name.

Actually I thought this was so too but I'm sure trying to get this point across would take an age as I'm far from fluent in French and I'm sure they are ready and waiting with an excuse to say no.

Hope it works out ok for you too Rach xxx

Kizzy, you'll need the birth certificate, and then your marriage certificate showing your name change to your married name :)

remember, if you renew your AP at DLP (ie from 30 days before it expires, until 30 days after its expiry date) you get the offer of 6 months on it free (ie you pay for 12 months but you get 18 months on it).

Ah bugger this would have been ideal last month!! But might be an option for November. Will check what date our current ones expire. Thanks for the tip :)

Kizzy, you'll need the birth certificate, and then your marriage certificate showing your name change to your married name :)
I didn't need either actually! They just did up Jemma's and James' and did query mine but said no problem and did it in my married name!

So can we get the discount if we have the tickets posted to a friend in France? Or do we have to prove we are french when we redeem the vouchers?

I cant see how they can make people prove that they are French to benefit from the offer. It would be terribly complicated. We are English but legally resident in France. My daughters were born here and have French birth certificates but are still English. Then there are all the French people who do not reside in France! Im sure it will just be a case of having to have them sent to a French address.

Any ideas where could we send a strongly worded email that begs them to still let us avail of the promotional prices regardless of our address?

Guest relations? Any direct email addresses for the passport office?

Not sure Emma, we had to show ID but no proof of address, but you'll need Kyra's birth certificate as she has a different surname to you, to prove you're her Mother. French laws prohibit a minor under the age of 18 signing contracts and you need to sign for her. They are very strict if you dont have the correct paperwork. We had to get one emailed for Callum, even though he has an adult passport and is nearly 18!

That's no big deal, I carry her Birth Certificate with me in her passport anyway. I think I will chance it, my friend is happy to forward them on to me. Unless it states you have to be a French Citizen then I don't see the problem as many Brits live in France these days.

DLPaddict said:
That's no big deal, I carry her Birth Certificate with me in her passport anyway. I think I will chance it, my friend is happy to forward them on to me. Unless it states you have to be a French Citizen then I don't see the problem as many Brits live in France these days.

Exactly. Though we had a French address, they never asked for it, or proof of residency, even though we had it!

It'll just be the birth certificate they'll insist on, I'm all sure you'll be fine :)

remember, if you renew your AP at DLP (ie from 30 days before it expires, until 30 days after its expiry date) you get the offer of 6 months on it free (ie you pay for 12 months but you get 18 months on it).

How do you do this as I never received any offers of this when my last one expired?

How do you do this as I never received any offers of this when my last one expired?

if you are shareholders and choose to use your shareholder discount, you don't get the offer of the 18 months when you pay for 12 - its one offer or the other, but every time I've renewed an AP (so this is going back to 2008 and its still a current deal) I've been offered the 18 months when i've renewed at the right time ie within one month of the expiry of my old AP.

lilacgems23 said:

You have to renew within four weeks of it expiring to have the free months added.

Can you only renew in the park or can it be done online or via post?

you can do it by post, as long as you do it at the right time (within 30 days of your current AP expiry date).

If my AP expires Oct 12th next year and we go Nov 24th when would you apply via post and where can I get a form?
If you have anymore info I'd really appreciate it. So its within 4 weeks of expiry? So 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after it expires? And is it to the date or 28 days?
*sorry if these are stupid and exceptionally pernickity questions - I actually think my AP doesnt expire until Oct 22nd but think we may be too late arriving Nov 24th?? Will check the date tomorrow. Ugh :headache: *

sorry Kizzabel, I'm absolutely useless at finding information on the AP pages of the DLP website - I usually email or phone Guest Services when I need that kind of info.

Unless I got wrong info at the AP office last July it's 4 weeks after. My AP was expiring in September and they offered me to renew then. It was definitely more than 4 weeks before the renewal date. But I haven't seen anything about this in writing though.

Vala said:
Unless I got wrong info at the AP office last July it's 4 weeks after. My AP was expiring in September and they offered me to renew then. It was definitely more than 4 weeks before the renewal date. But I haven't seen anything about this in writing though.

This sounds right to me. We have a AP to renew in May (full sponsorship renewal so will be a free one) and I remember her saying they can only renew AP's after they've expired?
I know you can upgrade your passes at anytime though, and they just get the remaining time upgraded (not added if you do it three months after etc) as we did this with one of ours (upgraded a Fantasy to a Dream for DD as her we planned around the blackout days on a site we have since decided is terribly outdated on a lot of info (!)

Raging I forgot to check the date when I was in Mams :badpc:
Will send an email on Friday once I've gotten to look at them. It they need to be out of date its perfect but within 4 weeks of expiry it could be a bit sticky. It could possibly be only 2 days too late though

I'm going back tomorrow. I need to check something at the AP pffice on Friday anyway. I made a note to ask about the renewal.

Ooops forgot to post back - I can apply via post a month beforehand :goodvibes

I posted the email response in the AP sticky thread

Thanks all for your help :thumbsup2

Did you ask?

Sorry, I forgot to post. I came back with no info whatsoever - the trip was pretty much a complete disaster and the visit at the AP office was one of the worst parts. No one seemed to be able to comprehend that question, never mind the other chaos they caused for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter