Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

WOW!! Thanks for all the great info! I had read that 'the spectactular' wasn't so special and the seating was uncomfortable. Loved your thoughts (highlighted in red)

ME ME ME and several times, and it is really nice there. Folks have figured it out and so you need to try to go a wee bit early ... if you get there very early you can score a table by the rail and have a dinner. If you stay closer to FT side there is a straight view at a rail (no tables) that is great. DS stood there totally mesmerized by it. Honestly unless that theater is walk in, this is where I will watch it.

Loved the view with Everest in background. You can see the boats but not super up close for the shadows. The water walls are just colors but honestly from the theater they don't work that well anyway for images so color is fine. The animals are beautiful and seem close and no problem at all with the lotus flowers and spirals of water.

DISCLAIMER: The first 500 pages are just lots of folks having a whole lot of fun with the Rumors of Light that we waited so long for. We created the Lounge as a humorous support group of those waiting. Honestly, I'm still waiting for the promised project.

WOW!! Thanks for all the great info! I had read that 'the spectactular' wasn't so special and the seating was uncomfortable. Loved your thoughts (highlighted in red)

Every time we watch from there we say "WHY didn't they put the theater on this side and make that beautifully lit mountain the backdrop?" It truly is stunning and such a focal point.

And yes the seating is awful. We've done both - if you go take the wood. The stone was painful before the show even started. And the rows are tight so your knees practically hit people in front of you.

And the rows are tight so your knees practically hit people in front of you.
This, honestly, was the absolute worst part of it all! I'm holding a drink, my 3 yr old keeps trying to get in my lap, it's hot and humid, and there was absolutely NO ROOM. I couldn't even enjoy the show for what it was bc of this. Never again. Sorry. But glad I did it once to say I have.

This, honestly, was the absolute worst part of it all! I'm holding a drink, my 3 yr old keeps trying to get in my lap, it's hot and humid, and there was absolutely NO ROOM. I couldn't even enjoy the show for what it was bc of this. Never again. Sorry. But glad I did it once to say I have.

At least it was your 3 year old trying to get in your lap ............ :rolleyes1

Sooo, this is random... but I think I just saw a pic of you and your DH in front of the castle on a Mark Arum Twitter reply? :confused3

(Sorry for the Atlanta-only reference!)

Sooo, this is random... but I think I just saw a pic of you and your DH in front of the castle on a Mark Arum Twitter reply? :confused3

(Sorry for the Atlanta-only reference!)
Yes, probably so. LOL. My DH is in radio...he works for 680 The Fan and 106.7. He is the producer for the Kimmer Show and the Bryan Joyce Show. He personally knows Mark Arum and a lot of the WSB guys. if you ever listen to the Kimmer, he is the Hangman.

Yes, probably so. LOL. My DH is in radio...he works for 680 The Fan and 106.7. He is the producer for the Kimmer Show and the Bryan Joyce Show. He personally knows Mark Arum and a lot of the WSB guys. if you ever listen to the Kimmer, he is the Hangman.

Ha! Too funny. Small world! :-)

So, back from yet another awesome vacation at WDW ... and I can now say that I've (FINALLY) seen RoL!

Verdict is not that different from many others' ... glad we saw it; the 5 adults all thought it was good (parts of it even impressive), but overall we weren't wowed. Wishe the animal floats had a bigger presence, they were awesome. The 3 boys liked it well enough, but also not blown away by it. We would see it again last minute if it fit into our plans, but we wouldn't book a dining package (though our brunch at Tusker House was as amazing as always) let alone an "initial 3" FP+ for it.

We were much more impressed by Pandora ... glad we used FP+ on Na'vi River Journey as the 60 minute wait would not have been worth it (the ride is visually appealing, but felt short). After clearing the test seat, all 8 of us braved the 90 minute standby line (it was a rainy day) for Flight of Passage and unanimously declared it to be totally worth it! My dad didn"t have any heght or claustrophobia issues, I had no issues with the leg restraints, and my sister was able to keep herself from getting motion sick ... will definitely be our FP+ pick on future visits!

Why do I see this show everywhere?!?

In case you are interested Lowes selling ROL lights!!

Haha, lotus flower LIGHTS, just needs changing color bulb.

View attachment 262803

LOL ... recently came across a colour changing LED for lamps at a RONA store up here in Canada ... so I bet Lowes has a similar product too!

(Now, if Disney made accent lamps in the shapes of the animals, that might be a souvenir I could get behind!)

LOL ... recently came across a colour changing LED for lamps at a RONA store up here in Canada ... so I bet Lowes has a similar product too!

(Now, if Disney made accent lamps in the shapes of the animals, that might be a souvenir I could get behind!)

Don't you laugh .... I've looked! or tried.

P17138547.jpg

img63457721.jpg

elephant.jpg

tt-lampe-tiffany-dieren-poezen-chats-1187-1.jpg

AND HEY WHY NOT .... Tree of Life

tree.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-19_14-36-43.jpeg
    upload_2017-8-19_14-36-43.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2017-8-19_14-48-9.jpeg
    upload_2017-8-19_14-48-9.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
So since we have been home DS1 has been watching the youtube video of Flight of Passage over and over. He just loves it!

A few times watching Na'vi River ride and NO times watching ROL.

Hoping by fall when we return Pandora is less crazy but ..... won't hold my breath.

We skipped AK last trip and spontaneously decided to drop in Thurs pm after doing most what we wanted at MK. We went to AK about 4 pm, immediately got DS1 a DAS time for FOP (75 minutes). I had already booked 4th FP+ for Everest. We had a 10 minute wait for Safari, had a snack, went to EE and rode, immediately rolled 4th FP+ to Dinosaur, rode Dinosaur. Headed to Pandora and tried the frozen drink and pineapple snack (won't be getting either again) while we waited for DAS time. He rode FoP and LOVED it as much or more than before, trying to make it go faster. After it was 8:05, park closing at 8:30. NRJ showed 50 minutes on MDE but we walked over anyway and posted was 10 minutes but we walked right into the boat!

Pandora seemed less lit than I expected so I hoping it was hurricane damage. Our first time was AP Preview so most was not turned on ... I felt like this wasn't much more than that. Hoping it was lots of dysfunction. Daylight on arrival was a beautiful as ever.

BUT the plus of the night .............. he didn't ask to go see ROL. :banana:

We decided to skip ROL all together during our Halloween trip, even though we've never seen it. The choice was between spending our one AK evening centered around ROL, or enjoying the evening Safari, Pandora and the Tree of Life after dark, ROL came out a distant 2nd, especially with park closing at 8:00. Maybe someday when I've seen and done everything else a few times, we'll do ROL, but probably not in the near future.

It's so hard to relight that excitement over it that we all had a year and a half ago.... Oh well, time changes your perspective, I guess.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!