Rumors of construction and CS closure in early 2018

sweethannah

Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!
I've been reading about changes coming to Paradise Pier and it's re-theming to Pixar based attractions. From what I've been reading (on other sites that shall not be named) the closure to CS could last 6 months, there will be a new ride added and a re-imagining of Mickeys Fun Wheel. Surely as this is a large and well planned overhaul Disney will confirm these changes sooner rather than later? I had hoped to visit in the Spring but having CS down is almost a deal breaker for us. Any insights anyone else can add as to timeline or to corroborate the rumours?

Yes approx 6 month closure to retheme California Screamin to Dash theme after Christmas.

...Surely as this is a large and well planned overhaul Disney will confirm these changes sooner rather than later? I had hoped to visit in the Spring but having CS down is almost a deal breaker for us. Any insights anyone else can add as to timeline or to corroborate the rumours?
ROFL- sorry but no, Disneyland would totally take something down for 6 months with basically no notice unless they see a way to make a bundle of money off it (i.e. ToT). If CS being down is a deal-breaker I would not plan a Spring Trip. Imho Disney will want Paradise Pier up and running for summer so winter & spring are very likely to be construction time.

Gah, makes me so sad to think I won't hear 3-2-1 SCREAM! or see Mickey's Fun Wheel 'as is' again.

Why can't another site be named on here? I hope it's not against the rules, but wouldn't think so because it's giving credit to the original source. I think I've referenced a few sites giving credit for their info/photos, hopefully that wasn't an oops on my part.

Gah, makes me so sad to think I won't hear 3-2-1 SCREAM! or see Mickey's Fun Wheel 'as is' again.
We're definitely going to have to get our rides in on this one in our fall trip, in case we don't make it back before the closure. Oh I LOVE Screamin! This will just be a retheming though, but I'm thinking you're right that the 3-2-1 SCREAM will likely be replaced. I also enjoy the current music.

I'm curious, do any of these sites or any locals/regulars think the construction will impact World of Color? I was planning on visiting during spring 2018. I can live without CS (though I would be bummed), but I think WoC might be a deal breaker.

Any idea when Disney will announce the closures?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter