RUMOR: temporary International Gateway Closure (11/27-12/17)

Posted in the thread on the rumors board:

My husband sent an email last night to George Kalogridis , an executive at Disney. We received a phone call this morning with the following answer:
1. There will be no pedestrian impact on the IG during the construction of the skyliner.
2. Yes there will be an impact on the Friendship Boats to Epcot.
3. There will be no impact on the Friendship boats to HS.
4. There will be no impact on the walkway to HS.
5. They apologized that no formal notice has gone out and they are working on a formal notice to be sent out.

Posted in the thread on the rumors board:

Thank you for the update, I sure hope this is correct information. We can handle the walk to IG but it's too far for my hubby to walk to HS when added to the additional walking in the park. Sure wish nothing had to be down during our stay but I guess someone is going to be impacted at some time or other...guess it's our turn...

If they are doing overhead work from the IG canal over the walkway to the Gondola site that seems to me to be a possible hazard for walkers.

If they are doing overhead work from the IG canal over the walkway to the Gondola site that seems to me to be a possible hazard for walkers.

If necessary for safety purposes, they can build a tunnel out of scaffolding to shield the walkway. It won't be pretty, but is quite appropriate to keep help the walking path open.

The Swan/Dolphin has updated the transportation page on the website to say the IG will be open to foot traffic:

As Disney Skyliner construction continues near International Gateway at Epcot in the coming months, International Gateway will remain open to Guests traveling along the connected pedestrian walkway.

During construction, Friendship Boat service will remain available to the resort hotels around Crescent Lake as well as Disney's Hollywood Studios. While Friendship Boat service to Epcot is expected to be unavailable from late November until mid-December, Guests will be able to use bus service or the walkway to access Epcot.
https://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter