Rumor: Primeval Whirl to close for re-theming 2018-19

How about it they build a theater in Epcot and move the Nemo musical over there, bulldoze carnival part of Dinoland, add a Good Dinosaur dark ride next to Dinosaur to keep a mini Dinoland in the park, then use the remaining land from the bridge to Asia to Dinosaur to build Australia. This would only make too much sense though adding at least 1 IP, have a new draw for the park once the Pandora hype dies down, and not have to expand the huge park anymore than it is now.

Good Dino isn't going to get much love... It was the biggest flop of Pixar's history.

Good Dino isn't going to get much love... It was the biggest flop of Pixar's history.
I wasn't talking about good Dino being a draw it would just be an excuse to use an IP and still have a Dinoland the draw would be the need Australia area sorry I made that a little confusing.

I wasn't talking about good Dino being a draw it would just be an excuse to use an IP and still have a Dinoland the draw would be the need Australia area sorry I made that a little confusing.

But again...look at the pattern of IP they use...it's there...

Pandora - blue aliens
Tough to Be a Bug - blue ants
Nemo musical - blue ocean with a blue tang as a major character
Rafiki - blue faced mandrill

I think I see the pattern!

You did manage to pick two of the biggest outliers in disney history...I'll give you that.

completely unhealthy levels... the cdc would quarantine you kinda levels... seek professional treatment

We are quarantined...but they figured out this clever trick to hide it:

They give everyone an ID card from NJ motor vehicles and don't let anyone know that we're actually captives

I wish they would just build a show building around Primeval Whirl and make it a dark ride. It might not be the best dark ride but at least it would hide the fact that it's just an off the shelf wild mouse coster.

Such a simple fix.

I just dont like that area. The pay per play midway games are so cheap / tacky. Why can't they at least give Disney plushies like DCA's midway?

I like the backstory too but the theming could use a boost. I have no issue with an off the shelf mouse ride but more could have been done to explain the story. Way too many people don't get it and that's on Disney.

There's plenty that's off the shelf at Disney. Theming disguises that.

I like the backstory too but the theming could use a boost. I have no issue with an off the shelf mouse ride but more could have been done to explain the story. Way too many people don't get it and that's on Disney.
The only mention of the backstory is a sign in the boneyard that goes through the "history" of the land. Although it was put in before Dino-Rama as it still has the Dino jubilee on it

My family absolutely LOVES Dinoland. I hope they don't get rid of it. Primeval Whirl is our favorite after EE. We love the tall dinosaur at the entrance. The dinosaur ride is also a favorite too. We don't really do the carnival. But, the kids loved the playground when they were smaller. I really go for the cheesy jokes and sight gags around that area. It was one of the highlights of our AK visit a few weeks ago.

Well, we don't go to fairs. I don't trust rides that aren't at major theme parks. I didn't say it was "high quality". But the little drops are fun and tame enough for DD and I like the cheesy theming.

I love Primeval Whirl, too. Only my oldest daughter will ride it with me. We have a similar ride at Hershey Park and I like that one, too. I admit to a love/hate relationship with the Boneyard, too. A nice place to sit and let the younger kids run, but a serious time suck if you want to go anywhere else in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts