Rumor: DinoLand, USA to become Indiana Jones Land?

Whoa, whoa, whoa...are you suggesting that anyone thinks Epcot isn't the best themed park ever built? I thought all the discussion was merely about second place. Also, I'll physically fight anyone who thinks different. I'm pretty small, but really mean, so ya'll're warned. (I'm from the South, I reserve the right to include contractions in conjunction with ya'll.)
Dang, when is the next time you are going to WDW? Might have to make a special trip just to follow you around the world. I think watching you would be more fun than Everest. On the other hand, might be a bad idea -- my wife is also from the South and it takes nothing for her to pick up that Southern accent again. Everytime she goes back to visit her family, it takes me a month to understand what she is talking about when she comes home. Heck, it took me six months after we got married to figure out her version of "southern pronunciation" for "aluminum foil."

Dang, when is the next time you are going to WDW? Might have to make a special trip just to follow you around the world. I think watching you would be more fun than Everest. On the other hand, might be a bad idea -- my wife is also from the South and it takes nothing for her to pick up that Southern accent again. Everytime she goes back to visit her family, it takes me a month to understand what she is talking about when she comes home. Heck, it took me six months after we got married to figure out her version of "southern pronunciation" for "aluminum foil."

I actually enjoy colloquialisms most in text form, I'm a riot, but not because of my awesome accent, but because I'm clumsy and inappropriate for contact with other humans.

Sorry for the off topic nonsense @ShadeDK
Someone much smarter than me has noted that a little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. I can't argue with a visionary who owned a chocolate river, a wonkavator that went sideways and diagonally, and an army of little orange men to make his products. And that man's name was .... Elon Musk.

Someone much smarter than me has noted that a little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. I can't argue with a visionary who owned a chocolate river, a wonkavator that went sideways and diagonally, and an army of little orange men to make his products. And that man's name was .... Elon Musk.

Musk is so in debt even fancy Wall Street accounting tricks like the politicians use can't get him out...

Maybe he can do a reality tv show? :duck:

Musk is so in debt even fancy Wall Street accounting tricks like the politicians use can't get him out...

Maybe he can do a reality tv show? :duck:
There was a missed opportunity to rebrand Ellen's UOE in Epcot to Elon's Wonderful World of Government Energy Subsidies. Perhaps he can start a rumor about replacing the monorail with a hyperloop? The joke's on him though - people still will complain about not having enough time to make their ADRs at the Poly.

Little late but if you ask me Animal Kingdom is the most beautiful park I've ever been in,

I enjoyed the scenery and the animals when we went on the safari. My only negative is that our bus driver acted like she was qualifying for the Indy 500.

FWIW, AK is leaps and bounds above any zoo that i've been to.

I even enjoyed the scenery and the buildings. Its sad that there just isn't enough there to justify us going back right now.

I enjoyed the scenery and the animals when we went on the safari. My only negative is that our bus driver acted like she was qualifying for the Indy 500.

I even enjoyed the scenery and the buildings. Its sad that there just isn't enough there to justify us going back right now.

This opinion is shared by many in their data and the biggest operational problem at wdw for the last 20 years..

It's not transport, overcrowding at mk, decay at epcot, or bleed to Comcast...

...this causes the meetings and sleepless nights.

This opinion is shared by many in their data and the biggest operational problem at wdw for the last 20 years..

It's not transport, overcrowding at mk, decay at epcot, or bleed to Comcast...

...this causes the meetings and sleepless nights.

And yet it's really easy to fix. Spend some money up front and watch it pay dividends for the next decade or two. Finish the park and people will come back. What does AK really need? It needs Australia, it needs 2 more E-tickets and 5 or 6 C/D ticket attractions. And some special transport from the AK area resorts to make it less of a hassle to get to the park. You are looking at what? $5 to $10 billion? At $100 a pop for tickets, an extra 4 million tickets a year sold, that's a 10-20 year break even. Add in extra restaurants and gift shop revenue it's probably closer to the 10 year. There's a business case here that is very clear, but someone is going to have to have the guts to do it.

And yet it's really easy to fix. Spend some money up front and watch it pay dividends for the next decade or two. Finish the park and people will come back. What does AK really need? It needs Australia, it needs 2 more E-tickets and 5 or 6 C/D ticket attractions. And some special transport from the AK area resorts to make it less of a hassle to get to the park. You are looking at what? $5 to $10 billion? At $100 a pop for tickets, an extra 4 million tickets a year sold, that's a 10-20 year break even. Add in extra restaurants and gift shop revenue it's probably closer to the 10 year. There's a business case here that is very clear, but someone is going to have to have the guts to do it.
I'm sure all options are on the table (including making AK the only game in town for late nights). All options except spending a bunch more money like that.

That's it. You're in charge.

We'll even put a helmet on you and call you Newt.

Well, they had to move those indy500 drivers from the trams (that used to be a lot of "hold on for dear life" fun :woohoo:) to somewhere else...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!