Rumor About a Revamp of the Polynesian?

Poly Pal

DIS Veteran
Was talking to a freind in Orlando who mentioned that Disney might be planning a "re-theming" of the Polynesian and might even downgrade from Deluxe to Moderate. Anybody else heard this?

This better be just a vicious rumor.

I figure it must be. With the BOTTOM LINE mentality of Disney lately, I think Disney would first bring a "moderate" resort up to "premium" prices. After all, the Poly is usually one of the first premium resorts to sell out. Why lower the amoutn of cash intake by decreasing prices?

What about the Polynesian makes it a premium? Aside from equal access to the Grand Floridian Spa. Wandering through it I always wondered. It seemed lovely but not deluxe.

I have a friend who is a plumber's apprentice at the Poly. He was told the Poly was designed by imagineers rather than architects. There are not real chases for the mechnicals and the plumbing in particular is falling apart. All they can do is patch, but not replace. Has anyone noticed piping where you wouldn't think you'd see it?

doubletrouble_vb
Deluxe=interior corridors, full service restaurant, monorail, views of MK, marina, themed pool with slide, most rooms with balconies or patios....
You might prefer the GF but Poly qualifies as a deluxe.

The Poly is the ultimate Disney deluxe (until AKL, that is). Any suggeston otherwise is absurd. there is little that could be more magical than looking across the 7 seas lagoon at the MK or strolling a tiki lit polynesian walkway...

Poly as a moderate? Not a chance in hades.
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Hmmm.....

Perhaps Disney is just tired of all this "Deluxe", "Moderate", "Value" classification thing.

Maybe they're looking at something different?

Who knows what they'll come up with?????

After that huge pool re-hal, they won't de-classify the Polynesian (PS. Poly is a mean slang tearm, don't use it.)
They may re-theam or take it down for a while, building by building, for re-design and fixing. But this is E$iner(C) Disney, what am I thinking?!?!?

Testtrack...Poly is not a mean slang term in the English language, therefore its use would be PC, & ok, I believe...:D
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

I've stayed and visited the Poly so many times that I can actually smell the smell. Can anyone else? And I've ate at Ohana's so a many times last year that I can still smell the food. Ah the days of CPer......:(

Oh I know that smell! I can remember coming back from a late night at the Magic Kingdom with the family, walking into the Moorea building (I am sorry, you can call them it what you want, but it will always be Moorea to me) with that scent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter