Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point might be moot for us. We didn’t make our final payment yet. It wasn’t due until a month before our stay and we wanted to know more before finalizing. Does it not count as a reservation until it’s paid in full?

But at this point you would have already had to have those tickets - no new ticket sales will be allowed for the time being.
Yes, I agree with that. I wonder if they will work with people on a case by case basis. I often purchase tickets a few weeks after I book the hotel to have it hit a new credit card period. It would suck to have your airfare and hotel but now not be able to get tickets. What a mess.

Correct we don’t know what hotels will be open just yet.

You will need to make a park reservatio.

We do not have details on that yet.

Thanks for the info ! So, basically - if you have a 7-day trip booked and all of.your ADRS and FPS are made, AND your trip was starting July 11, you still don't know if your booked hotel is going to be open ?

We already know that you would not be able to go to epcot and/or DHS until the 15th - but, don't believe you can amend your adrs right now - so, let's assume you can
But , it's basically 6 weeks away, and you don't know where you're staying ?

Nightmare planning . Jmho

Thanks for the info ! So, basically - if you have a 7-day trip booked and all of.your ADRS and FPS are made, AND your trip was starting July 11, you still don't know if your booked hotel is going to be open ?

We already know that you would not be able to go to epcot and/or DHS until the 15th - but, don't believe you can amend your adrs right now - so, let's assume you can

Correct

Are they saying that people with hotel and ticket package reservations prior to the announcement will be contacted for priority entry? Sorry my brain stopped working.
That's how I read it. We have in-park ADRs for our park days, minus AK (never found anything we particularly enjoyed there except Tusker and we were sure buffets were out), so I'm REALLY hoping our ADRs "reserve" each park in advance. We have flexibility to get 1-2 days of AK in that we want.
I'm really hoping my DW says hold on to our summer plans, because I foresee the limited access being a HUGE draw for our end of (school) summer trip 8/2-8/15.
I think the only thing that would really bum my boys out would be the droid depot. If they miss out, I'll probably add a pre or post cruise night next March just for HS and droid building.

The point might be moot for us. We didn’t make our final payment yet. It wasn’t due until a month before our stay and we wanted to know more before finalizing. Does it not count as a reservation until it’s paid in full?
I hope not, we do the same thing I don't pay the balance until I have to. I want to keep my August reservation as long as we can to see what happens but I dont want to have to worry about getting a refund if we change our minds

Here is the livestream (not live now) discussion the DisUnplugged did right after the announcement, if anyone would like to listen to Craig & Pete discuss the announcements.

If your hotel is closed I doubt that they wouldn’t move you to one that is opened and upgrade you potentially that would just be bad business.

I just got an email from Undercover Tourist celebrating the reopening announcement and encouraging me to book hotel and tickets with them. I guess they didn't check the blog...
It looks like their website would let me make a reservation but MDE now throws an error message when trying to book a room. It wasn't doing that at 11 am when I was researching moving my trip to November. Fast moving situation...

Yes, I agree with that. I wonder if they will work with people on a case by case basis. I often purchase tickets a few weeks after I book the hotel to have it hit a new credit card period. It would suck to have your airfare and hotel but now not be able to get tickets. What a mess.

This is a mess. My husband was able to get phone confirmation after we made our final payment. If ticket sales are on hold, how was he able to pay our balance? Are customers considered a full reservation as long as they made the down payment? How long are they allowing people to cancel in advance? I need a nap.

ETA: he didn’t talk to a live person it but verified our final payment made today went through. Now I’m worried that we just paid five grand but won’t be considered as prior ticket holders.

This is a mess. My husband was able to get through on the phone easily and make our final payment. If ticket sales were on hold, how was he able to pay our balance? Are customers considered a full reservation as long as they made the down payment? How long are they allowing people to cancel in advance? I need a nap.

You already have a ticket since you had already booked.

This is a mess. My husband was able to get through on the phone easily and make our final payment. If ticket sales were on hold, how was he able to pay our balance? Are customers considered a full reservation as long as they made the down payment? How long are they allowing people to cancel in advance? I need a nap.
If you already had a reservation, you can make changes. New tickets and reservations are on hold.

I didn't read it as the tickets had to be linked to the resort reservation, just that the tickets were already purchased.

"At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations... Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold "
Well our timing couldn't have been worse. We check out on the 11th and I can't modify. I give up.

Yeah. I've worked in IT. I know folks who worked at Disney IT.

I've got so much sympathy for them. This is not going to be easy with the backend systems they're working with. I'm 100% in favor of shutting down new reservations while they roll this out and let people with existing reservations beta-test the new system.

MDE glitching like crazy right now

...what is F&B? I’m so out of it all I keep thinking of is Flower & Barden.
I know.

also no one has to worry about this anymore bc I had a dream last night (not a joke - I’m so wrapped up in this drama that I dreamt about it) that DVC began opening up in mid June and then the rest of the resorts followed in mid July.

so I have been MIA for the majority of the weekend & I read through the last 3 or 4 pages. Some people are talking like the NBA thing is a done deal, I don’t follow sports in any way, is it a pretty much done deal now?

I wrote this on Monday after dreaming about it Sunday night so i'll be setting up my 1-800 psychic hotline later this week and taking calls soon. I'll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter