RPR Parking Question

boyy

Earning My Ears
Is the self-parking lot at RPR gated? I assume it has to be to control access. How do you exit the lot? Do you just flash your room key, or do you have to have a parking ticket validated at the desk each time?

We will be staying at RPR but may be in and out of the lot frequently (eating off site, visiting Disney, etc.). I just want to know if it will be a hassle.

Thanks!

The parking is gated. You can either show your room key or insert the room key into the slot and the gate will open. We were given a tag for the rearview mirror which meant I didn't have to have the room key handy each time. The guard could see the tag and opened the gate. It was all very easy - don't worry about it at all.

You have in and out privileges throughout your stay - there is no validating at the desk. They will charge you $6.00 per day for the self-parking ($12 for valet).

Just check your balance when you leave...if you valet park the first day and then switch to self parking (even that same day) they may charge you the $12 a day instead of the $6.

That is what happened to us on our trip in October. We valet parked on our arrival but took the car out that night for dinner and then self parked for the rest of the trip...well, when I checked my bill as I was leaving I noticed they charged me valet parking for my whole trip.

Okay, speaking as someone who just returned from this awesome resort, I can say that parking can be a hassle but it's not that bad. We went out once and that night the resort was sold out but all we had to do was drive for about 5 minutes in the parking lot and we found a spot.

It is gated, and you can just flash your key or they will just open the gate if you have the card on your dash.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter