RPR or HRH over Christmas

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
I’ve seen a few of the same question lately. I booked both standard rooms for Dec 19-26 :santa: for my family of 3- son is 5. HRH is more pricey by $200-300 for the entire stay. Which do you prefer during the busy holiday season? I’ve stayed at RPR during early Dec before and liked it but have never stayed at HRH before. Thanks!!

Well, main difference is number of rooms. Why HR tends to be the most expensive rooms. Portofino and Royal both have many more rooms, so they tend to be cheaper, and most of the time, Royal is the cheapest.

Depends on what you enjoy the most. Though I have to say, HR is easily the closest to the Studios, if that sways you.

Well, main difference is number of rooms. Why HR tends to be the most expensive rooms. Portofino and Royal both have many more rooms, so they tend to be cheaper, and most of the time, Royal is the cheapest.

Depends on what you enjoy the most. Though I have to say, HR is easily the closest to the Studios, if that sways you.

I don't think number of rooms has anything to do with price.

Oh I do, the size of the resort and it’s popularity with families of teens and young adults, the rooms sell out faster than the larger number of rooms resorts. Though with a large convention at Royal, would certainly hike the room prices up. Supply and Demand, so less number of rooms, many wanting them, price goes up, until fully sold out.

So, if the OP wants HR, I would say, book it now. Unless an AP rate comes out, as rooms not selling, I have never seen the room rate lower as vacation gets closer.

Just checked for the dates we'll be there in December. Hard Rock is the least expensive. Universal isn't like Disney. Rates change almost as often as airfare rates. I've stayed at Hard Rock when it was the priciest of the original 3 and when it was the cheapest. Very rarely are the original 3 far apart in price from one another.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190922-230307_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190922-230307_Samsung Internet.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 11
The RP at Christmas is very Christmassy........we went over to HRH and didn’t find it decorated as nicely or elaborately as RP or Sapphire Falls.....

I’d stick to RP.

The RP at Christmas is very Christmassy........we went over to HRH and didn’t find it decorated as nicely or elaborately as RP or Sapphire Falls.....

I’d stick to RP.
Thank you @schumigirl! I think we’ll stay at HRH for a night or 2 then switch to RPR since I can’t get the rate for the entire stay anyway! Appreciate your help as usual!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!