RPR--King Suite--Can you remove the sofabed mattress and put it on the floor?

jimchief

Earning My Ears
We have 5 of us heading down on 8/7. Right now we have a standard room w/a rollaway. If we get offered an upgrade to a king suite, I am wondering if it is possible to take the thin mattress out of the sofa bed and put it on the ground.

Our 6 y/o could sleep with us in the king, and my two boys have used the "sofabed mattress on the ground" solution at some other places, but I want to make sure you can detatch the mattress from the sofabed. Otherwise, it is just too uncomfortable.

If anyone knows whether the sofa bed mattress can come off and be put on the ground, please post! This might make the king suite (assuming they charge $35/night) fairly affordable because we could save the $25 rollaway. (Not sure I want to haul an air mattress down there through the airlines.)

Thanks for the help!!

You can put the mattress on the floor. We did not have a suite but our room brought a pull out sofa and when we were getting it ready, I lifted the mattress so I know it does come off. However, IMHO it will still be very uncomfortable. It is very thin.

and................ if your 6 year old is anything like my 3 year old....... there is NO WAY I'd let him sleep with us for the 5 nights we'll be there!!!! King bed or not.......... LOL!!! Good Luck though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter