RPH and HRH on Labor Weekend

bobsfamily

Earning My Ears
We had a wonderful time at US once again. We had one night at RPH and two nights at HRH.

Even though we had a great time at HRH, I think next time it will be the reverse, with just one night at the HRH. The service (we had a club level suite at both places) between the two places is so different! I had heard that it was MUCH nicer at the two other hotels, but with just staying the HRH, I did not believe it could be that different - boy was I wrong!

The RPH takes care of everything, and then some. We were pampered from the bellman to the Loew's First check-in (upgrade to club level suite for $35), right through check-out when they delivered our suitcases to HRH!

The HRH has it's place and will continue to go there, BUT will make it a one nighter. We had the cabana, and spent a lot of time in the cabana. Cabana #1 is the best for dive-in movie nights... we had #2 and it was almost as good - and better for others reasons. I would spend one night with cabana, but would go back to RPH, or try PH for more nights.

Thanks for all the help from this board!

Bob:smooth:

Can you tell us what your reservations was for and what the price was before you upgraded? Also please tell us about your wonderful suite for the $35.00 upgrade!

I am so pleased you had a good time. I have visited all three resorts and love RP.

We had the FAN club rate of $230 per night at HRH and $209 at RPH (both were club level). When checking in at RPH at the Loews first line, which was at 8:30 am, I asked for an upgrade and was told that I could get a"free upgrade" to a suite, BUT it would not be on the "club level", or for $35 more I could get the a suite on the club level.... well I went for the $35 more, and it was ready in about 10 min.! It was actually two rooms with a master bedroom and a living room with a queen sleeper sofa. Our two girls were delighted to have their own room (the living room) and mom and dad were delighted to have a door to our room (lol).

We recieved more than outstanding service at the RPH and will visit it again soon. Also we asked for the beer and nuts as our "gift".... it was delivered in a big wooden bowl with three corona's, limes, and a coconut full of deluxe nuts! It was very themy, but looked and tasted great.

While at the RPH I called over to HRH (about 10 pm) and said we were checking in their in the morning, had club level, and wanted the $35 upgrade to a suite with my loew's first upgrade... they thought about for a minute and then came back and said they only had two suites on the club level, but I could have the one that did not face the pool... if I could wait til after lunch.

Well, we had already booked a cabana for the next two days, so I said "sure". When we arrived, I had to wait in line (oh, boo hoo) as their was no Loew's first line (difference #1), and then was told that it would be at least 4 pm before I could get the suite, BUT I could have a regular room in just a couple of hours.... well I said 4 would be fine as we had a cabana. They where not real happy with that, and tried to get me to take the other room, but in the end agreed that it was mine. I'm not sure what was going on, but we did get the room, and it was about 12:30 to boot!

The room (#7040) was STRANGE! It is in the circle between wings... I mean when you start down a hall, partway down is a circle where two halls split... well one hall said 7039 to 7080 or so and the other hall said 7080 to something, BUT no 7040... so I turn around to go back down the first hall... and there in the curved wall was 7040! I opened the door and the room was curved with a large living room, with tables and chairs. It was about twice the size of the room at RPH, but the master bedroom was part the room with no divider.... very different from the last one... much more of a "party" type suite... and there was not tub, just a large shower. We did have a great pool view - not sure why they told me the otherway - and the room was great, just strange.

The service at HRH leaves a lot to be desired, when stacked against the RPH. It is a fun place... just not on the level with the other Loew's hotels. I guess a real way to tell is the beer and nuts at HRH were two bud lights in a paper bucket with a packet of airline nuts tossed on the table.... still nice to get, but just not the same level.

Hope that was enough! lol

Bob

:smooth:

Loved your detailed info. I can't wait until I get to RPR in just a few days!

Thanks for all the great info, Bob!

I had originally debated on cancelling my reservations at the RPR to go to the HRH but have since decided to keep my room at the RPR. It seems like I've made the right decision!

Thanks again,
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter