ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

We're booked to stay here for our first visit to Universal Orlando in June 2020, and we're wondering if anyone has ever had 5 people on their reservation and then NOT been able to rent a rollaway bed. I see that they are not guaranteed, and we are 3 adults with a 12 yr old and a 14 yr old at time of travel, and will most definitely need that extra bed in our room.
Also, is there a fee for package delivery to RPR? If we place an order on Amazon, for example, to have shipped to the resort and held for us until we check in, is that possible and do they have a fee for holding it?
Thanks!

Haven’t heard of anyone not getting a rollaway, just have it noted on your reservation, it should be fine.

Yes, there is a charge for parcel to be shipped. It’s not a lot though.

I'll know if it's worth it pretty soon. When I booked about 7/8 months ago I wasn't comparing, I did it out of want. We wanted Club Level period. It has all the bells and whistles we were looking for and for us that's priceless. The Express Pass is a bonus. :tilt:

I really, really hope you love your stay at RPR!!!

I know I’m a little biased.......:rolleyes1 but it is a fabulous hotel and the folks that work there are the best.

Value to Club Level is certainly a personal thing. Some value it some don’t.

We stay Club Level, and the food is very good.....you have one hot choice every evening along with a different salad every night, assorted cheeses and crackers, crudités and various dips. We don’t use the lounge as dinner the way some do, but, we have been known to enjoy a little taste with a glass of wine before we head out later for dinner.......would that work for you as a family?

Breakfast is fabulous for us......they have so much choice and we’re not huge breakfast eaters usually. As our trips are for a longer period, we are staying for a month coming up in September, and as we have been so often, we don’t have to bash the parks so we enjoy coming back to the lounge and relaxing. But, you need to think would you want to leave the parks around 4 or 5pm every day just for food.

The midday snacks are better than they were, pictures are in the first few posts of this thread along with CL pictures if you haven’t seen them yet, but again, not sure you’d leave the parks to enjoy them. If you were having a day by the pool you could certainly pop up and get some light snacks.

Dessert hour is nice, but we never seem to make it for that as we’re usually out and about. They have trays of cookies and one or two trays of mini desserts like cheesecake.

Teas, coffee and soft drinks are out all day for you to help yourself.

The folks who work in the lounge are the best! They offer full concierge service up there, so you don’t need to go to the concierge desk in the lobby....they’ll do everything you need whether it be reservations or anything else.

You can take water or coke products with you for your day in the park which is nice too.

I’m sure you would enjoy it if you did do Club Lounge, they really do look after you in there.
Thanks @schumigirl! I think this makes a lot of sense and I’m not sure. We have never done club level before and I think we would like it but during the busiest time of the year, it might really go both ways. It might work out really great or it might just not work at all. Does that make sense? Im sure it crowded so I’m not sure we would choose to relax more and head back hotel as a result or not. For our last WDW trip, we came back to our room some days only and for a short time only. Hmm... I guess I’ll mull over it some more.

Does anyone know if they are going to have discounted rates for Florida residents for October? The current discount is only till Sept. 26th.

This is a bit frustrating, sometimes I get email notifications and sometimes I don't and it's not just with this thread. I've read others have had the same issue but I'm staying on top as I don't want to miss anything here!

I LOVE how organized and thorough this thread is. @schumigirl and to those aiding, THANK YOU so much! :love:

Here now after a bad day of travel... Only seen a bit of the resort and it looks nice... But am VERY annoyed at the level of noise from the hallway.. people talking in normal voice levels is loud in the room, much less when kids are talking at higher levels. Everything echoes. Someone just knocked lightly on a door down a few rooms and would think they were knocking on our door. 😡. Going to have to blast some white noise to drown out the sounds so can sleep ! Going to be a very long week... Maybe a mistake to stay here ?
This is a 'deluxe' resort.. Would expect better sound insulation !

Won't get in to waiting 20 minutes to be waited on for food at the pool bar....

Last edited:
Here now after a bad day of travel... Only seen a bit of the resort and it looks nice... But am VERY annoyed at the level of noise from the hallway.. people talking in normal voice levels is loud in the room, much less when kids are talking at higher levels. Everything echoes. Someone just knocked lightly on a door down a few rooms and would think they were knocking on our door. 😡. Going to have to blast some white noise to drown out the sounds so can sleep ! Going to be a very long week... Maybe a mistake to stay here ?
This is a 'deluxe' resort.. Would expect better sound insulation !

Won't get in to waiting 20 minutes to be waited on for food at the pool bar....
Ask to switch rooms?

Ask to switch rooms?
It is sold out, would be nowhere to go. Are there different levels of sound proofing in other rooms ?

It's not like it's a noisy area like near heavy traffic area.. if that was case would be even worse.

I'm at Royal Pacific right now and found out from the concierge that they will not receive Amazon Prime Now deliveries on our behalf. We have to be at the lobby to personally receive the package; which is tricky because we didn't purchase a US sim card so the only way for the driver to contact us is to call the hotel and have them transfer the line to our room. Also, this means that anyone trying to get groceries sent in advance wouldn't really be able to get this done.

Is this a new change? I could have sworn that I read that they could receive our packages with a holding fee, which I was prepared to pay. Somewhat annoyed right now, because I don't want to pay inflated prices for drinking water. I kinda wish I was back in Pop Century. Our amazon prime delivery there was as smooth as butter.

ETA:

And I agree with @greg9x , the soundproofing really is quite dismal. The walls are as thin as those at Pop Century. Yesterday, we attempted to have an afternoon nap after checking in and couldn't sleep because we could hear *everything* housekeeping was doing / saying.

The resort is lovely and I love the close proximity to the parks + unlimited Express passes. But I've gotta admit; I'm a little disappointed, and will probably try Hard Rock or Portofino Bay next time.

Last edited:
I'm at Royal Pacific right now and found out from the concierge that they will not receive Amazon Prime Now deliveries on our behalf. We have to be at the lobby to personally receive the package; which is tricky because we didn't purchase a US sim card so the only way for the driver to contact us is to call the hotel and have them transfer the line to our room. Also, this means that anyone trying to get groceries sent in advance wouldn't really be able to get this done.

Is this a new change? I could have sworn that I read that they could receive our packages with a holding fee, which I was prepared to pay. Somewhat annoyed right now, because I don't want to pay inflated prices for drinking water. I kinda wish I was back in Pop Century. Our amazon prime delivery there was as smooth as butter.

ETA:

And I agree with @greg9x , the soundproofing really is quite dismal. The walls are as thin as those at Pop Century. Yesterday, we attempted to have an afternoon nap after checking in and couldn't sleep because we could hear *everything* housekeeping was doing / saying.

The resort is lovely and I love the close proximity to the parks + unlimited Express passes. But I've gotta admit; I'm a little disappointed, and will probably try Hard Rock or Portofino Bay next time.

Regular non perishable packages are delivered to the business centre and there is a charge for them.

No idea about food deliveries as we’ve never used anything like that.

ETA:

Yes, same with us getting a nap today... Everything house keeping put on and off the cart could hear, plus of course they have to knock on every door. Along with everyone else talking in the hall way.

Assume everything is so loud because there's no usual room air conditioners, etc running to make background noise, along with the tile entry floors today don't deaden any of the sound ... Have stayed Pop Century also, and found noise level there much more tolerable, as long as neighbors are not loud... The outside doors there don't trap noise like the hallways here do.

Also odd with house keeping.. They had serviced the room when we came back early afternoon, however had obviously not vacuumed as some sand that came out of shoes from Volcano Bay was still there.. But in the middle of our nap they knocked (honestly couldn't tell that it was our door, as they been knocking on doors all day and it was same loudness) and opened door to come in again... Saw my son and said sorry and closed door...Don't know if they were coming back to vacuum hours later or why they were coming back.

Another knock... The water taxi line is frequently full (backed up past security).. As in your not going to get on the boat coming and will have to wait for next one after that. Been walking more than taking boat, and we get to City Walk around same time as first boat, so would still be standing around if stayed at dock.

A positive... The staff has all been very nice and helpful

Anyone know when Islands Dining room started selling unlimited mimosas for $12 during breakfast? Have they always had that or is that a recent offering? That was a nice treat. Do the other Universal hotels offer it?

Anyone know when Islands Dining room started selling unlimited mimosas for $12 during breakfast? Have they always had that or is that a recent offering? That was a nice treat. Do the other Universal hotels offer it?

It’s been a long time since we had breakfast in Islands but they didn’t have that offer on then.......I’d have taken advantage of that I think :thumbsup2

Sapphire buffet breakfast did have “something” about a cocktail, but as we were driving that day we didn’t really look at it.

Are we able to have 4 adults stay in one of the king suites (or one of the Jurassic suites)? The website says occupancy is 4 people, but when I change my search parameters to 1 room, 4 adults, I can only select the queen rooms or hospitality suites.

I called today to ask if 4 adults could be in the Despicable Me suites and was told no, max occupancy is 5 people (for that one) but can only have a max of 2 adults. I'm assuming it's the same for the Jurassic Park suites since I got the same results with the online search parameters. Really bums me out, I super want to stay in the DM rooms, and 2 of our 4 adults are small people who would enjoy the twin beds, and it's cheaper to book the DM suite over booking 2 separate rooms and WAY cheaper than a 2 room suite. Le Sigh. Oh well.

They were doing it when we were there in March. Bottomless mimosas or bloody marys. We only did it one day because I definitely can't handle drinking in the morning and then riding rides too much!

Lol.....not the best idea really........no, drinking that early and going to the parks may not be the best idea.......

Last weekend, we tried taking the inside path from Royal Pacific to Sapphire Falls. We couldn’t find it and still ended up outside. Once outside, we saw the bridge between the two hotels. Seems like a longer way than just taking the path along the waterway, which we took back after leaving Strong Water Tavern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!