ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

well, it absolutely bothers me. Last time I was there they couldn't even knock on the door if I had the do not disturb sign out and now it's changed to this? My immediate response is unprintable. I don't have daily housekeeping and I don't like people in my room. It does NOTHING to enhance security.

I had 'security' try to walk in on me at Disney when I was not fully clothed and in bed. I will have to warn my kids to keep the latches on their doors at all times. It's a real bummer to think someone will be trying to walk in on us anytime, makes me feel less safe.

I wish I hadn’t read this thread late at night, now I’m too upset to sleep.

They will knock though. They won’t just walk in on you......

I can see this bothers some people and I’m sorry for that.

My guess is if housekeeping does enter to do your room daily, that would be the security check

I only mention this as for one day, I stayed in my room
Did not leave

Housekeeper came to make up the room while I was in it

They vacuumed, emptied trash, etc as I laid in one of the beds watching weather channel

No other employee came to the room

I was there for 13 days and checked out Friday October 12

You can call the hotel or ask when you check in if having housekeeping done each day, is considered the safety check

Yep, they appeared during our stay in September, can’t remember exactly which day but we arrived Sept 13th, so sometime after that.

I do remember reading some of the comments about folks not staying at Disney and going to Universal, we knew this was coming at some point to Loews hotels.

Genuinely doesn’t bother me either. We always put the latch over whenever we are in the room anyway, so no one can immediately walk in on us. Not that it has ever happened to us.

Like it or not it’s here to stay I imagine.
And spread to all chains. While all hotel management at all chains have been able to enter at will, it's not a published thing and wasn't really done unless there was a reason. Now, they are putting folks on notice it's going to be done. Period. I don't expect them to go backward or for this to limit itself to a few chains.

What are their reasons? Is it because of Vegas? Cause if that’s the reason, the security checks don’t do anything, unless they’re going to look in all your drawers, suitcases, bags etc to see if you have hidden weapons.
I like having housekeeping, so I’m fine with them coming in while I’m out!
Not just Vegas but that seems to be the straw that broke the camels proverbial back. Another thing this does, helps catch human traffickers. Or keep them from staying at these hotels. Because they have been proven to hole up in hotel rooms with their victims, keeping all hotel staff out. Hotels are playing a HUGE part in the movement to put a stop this, training their staff on signs to watch for, etc. Yes, for certain the odds are low this is happening at a Disney or Universal resort. But it could, a better chance than someone bringing weapons too.

I’m booking Royal Club Level 2 Queen Room for the first time. I’m wondering if all the club rooms are in the same building as the club lounge in T3. If not, maybe I need to request a room in the same building. This way it will be easier to grab breakfast each morning. Please help!

I’m booking Royal Club Level 2 Queen Room for the first time. I’m wondering if all the club rooms are in the same building as the club lounge in T3. If not, maybe I need to request a room in the same building. This way it will be easier to grab breakfast each morning. Please help!

Most people Club Level are placed on the 7th floor T3 which is the same floor as the Club Lounge.

Sometimes you can be placed on the 6th floor if they are busy, we always have the 6th floor as that is our preference.......takes moments to get up to 7. You can add a request you are on the 7th floor, but usually you just will be there automatically.

Yep, they appeared during our stay in September, can’t remember exactly which day but we arrived Sept 13th, so sometime after that.

I do remember reading some of the comments about folks not staying at Disney and going to Universal, we knew this was coming at some point to Loews hotels.

Genuinely doesn’t bother me either. We always put the latch over whenever we are in the room anyway, so no one can immediately walk in on us. Not that it has ever happened to us.

Like it or not it’s here to stay I imagine.

Oh wow!

This is not welcome news. We have sworn off Disney for these bogus security checks that accomplish nothing other than pleasing their legal staff. Royal Pacific did such an incredible job of respecting our privacy last time there, we were going to exclusively vacation there instead.

Now it looks like Orlando is no longer a vacation spot for us. :(

I'm guessing the entire US may no longer be interested in our vacation business.

I'll be curious to see reports from guests as to how this policy is actually being implemented. Disney is doing a horrible job of it. Maybe RP can can implement in a way that shows more respect for their guests.

Oh wow!

This is not welcome news. We have sworn off Disney for these bogus security checks that accomplish nothing other than pleasing their legal staff. Royal Pacific did such an incredible job of respecting our privacy last time there, we were going to exclusively vacation there instead.

Now it looks like Orlando is no longer a vacation spot for us. :(

I'm guessing the entire US may no longer be interested in our vacation business.

I'll be curious to see reports from guests as to how this policy is actually being implemented. Disney is doing a horrible job of it. Maybe RP can can implement in a way that shows more respect for their guests.

We have housekeeping every day, so it didn’t impact us at all.

I haven’t spoken to anyone who doesn’t have housekeeping yet, but will be asking around when we go back in December........

I do know they will knock, and not just let themselves in.

Most people Club Level are placed on the 7th floor T3 which is the same floor as the Club Lounge.

Sometimes you can be placed on the 6th floor if they are busy, we always have the 6th floor as that is our preference.......takes moments to get up to 7. You can add a request you are on the 7th floor, but usually you just will be there automatically.
Thank you so much for your lightning fast and informative reply. I’m not picky about where my room would be. But I thought since we are in club level, we might as well be in the same building as the club lounge. So i’m a happy camper!!

We have housekeeping every day, so it didn’t impact us at all.

I haven’t spoken to anyone who doesn’t have housekeeping yet, but will be asking around when we go back in December........

I do know they will knock, and not just let themselves in.

When we started going to Orlando for a yearly December vacation it was 2 years at Disney and one year at Universal. Then in recent years it was one year and one year as we started to really enjoy the onsite perks at Universal. The security check intrusions at Disney made it an easy decision to just go to Universal. This is very disappointing.

Firstly, these checks don't actually doing anything for security. This is a liability thing that Disney's lawyers came out with to try to limit the law suit payouts if a Vegas type incident ever occurred.

Secondly, as a matter of principle I feel like when I'm spending $10k plus on a vacation my privacy should be respected. I don't feel like this is customer service.

Thirdly, and most important my wife has bad anxiety and is a very nervous person. It's quite common during our vacations that I go to the fitness center to work out in the mornings while she stays in the room and sleeps in. It would be a traumatic experience for her to have someone banging on the door demanding to be let in while I'm not there. Also if we are there for a mid afternoon nap I don't want to be disturbed. I don't feel like this is too much to ask for when on a vacation and spending good money at their resort.

Perhaps RP will do a better job with this policy than Disney. There's alot of reports at Disney of a CM banging on the door continually until someone answers or trying to enter rooms while people are sleeping or showering. This is completely unacceptable. If I treated my customers like this I wouldn't have any.

I'm not singling you out Carole, you're awesome! You just happen to be the bearer of the bad news. LOL

When we started going to Orlando for a yearly December vacation it was 2 years at Disney and one year at Universal. Then in recent years it was one year and one year as we started to really enjoy the onsite perks at Universal. The security check intrusions at Disney made it an easy decision to just go to Universal. This is very disappointing.

Firstly, these checks don't actually doing anything for security. This is a liability thing that Disney's lawyers came out with to try to limit the law suit payouts if a Vegas type incident ever occurred.

Secondly, as a matter of principle I feel like when I'm spending $10k plus on a vacation my privacy should be respected. I don't feel like this is customer service.

Thirdly, and most important my wife has bad anxiety and is a very nervous person. It's quite common during our vacations that I go to the fitness center to work out in the mornings while she stays in the room and sleeps in. It would be a traumatic experience for her to have someone banging on the door demanding to be let in while I'm not there. Also if we are there for a mid afternoon nap I don't want to be disturbed. I don't feel like this is too much to ask for when on a vacation and spending good money at their resort.

Perhaps RP will do a better job with this policy than Disney. There's alot of reports at Disney of a CM banging on the door continually until someone answers or trying to enter rooms while people are sleeping or showering. This is completely unacceptable. If I treated my customers like this I wouldn't have any.

I'm not singling you out Carole, you're awesome! You just happen to be the bearer of the bad news. LOL

Thanks........haven’t been callled awesome for a while.........:flower3:

And spread to all chains. While all hotel management at all chains have been able to enter at will, it's not a published thing and wasn't really done unless there was a reason. Now, they are putting folks on notice it's going to be done. Period. I don't expect them to go backward or for this to limit itself to a few chains.

Not just Vegas but that seems to be the straw that broke the camels proverbial back. Another thing this does, helps catch human traffickers. Or keep them from staying at these hotels. Because they have been proven to hole up in hotel rooms with their victims, keeping all hotel staff out. Hotels are playing a HUGE part in the movement to put a stop this, training their staff on signs to watch for, etc. Yes, for certain the odds are low this is happening at a Disney or Universal resort. But it could, a better chance than someone bringing weapons too.

Worth reading again what AngiTN posted

For what it’s worth, I just returned from a WDW trip 9/11, our first one since new security check. We had been there last Dec, just before they started it. I was really worried. We stayed at WL and I was never inconvenienced. We do have housekeeping, but on the days we were going to return early for mid day break I phoned to ask for housekeeping early. It was never a problem. I always use door latch when I’m in my hotel room. No matter where I am.

For what it’s worth, I just returned from a WDW trip 9/11, our first one since new security check. We had been there last Dec, just before they started it. I was really worried. We stayed at WL and I was never inconvenienced. We do have housekeeping, but on the days we were going to return early for mid day break I phoned to ask for housekeeping early. It was never a problem. I always use door latch when I’m in my hotel room. No matter where I am.

Yep, we always have the latch over too when we are in the room. Habit.

It`s been arranged for our housekeeper to come early in the morning as that's when we go out daily, suits us and they are in the room every day.

Planning a trip for June 2019 and the in-laws want to stay at a resort that includes the express pass. It does make the most sense, as I've priced up staying at a different hotel and adding the express pass and it's more expensive that way. I can't bring myself to book a room for over $400/night, but I know I need to soon. I've read about AP rates and that it's sometimes a good deal to upgrade to AP to be able to get an AP rate on the hotel. Is there usually an AP rate that comes out for the first week of June? If it has in the past, can anybody tell me what the rate was? And how easy is it to switch from the seasonal rate to an AP rate? Will I need to cancel and rebook? We'll be doing a room only stay and getting tickets elsewhere. I've been to Disney 5 times since 2010, but we haven't been to Universal since 2002, so I'm at a loss when it comes to planning a Universal trip. Thanks in advance for the help.

How many days will you be there? I’ve heard the Stay More Save More rate is fairly close to AP rate. I’d book with the SMSM rate room only now and keep watching for when AP rate comes out. If it’s cheaper, for room, and the additional cost of AP book the AP rate. You only need to produce AP on Check in. You don’t need it for booking.
That’s what I’m doing. I booked SMSM rate, and glad I did. That rate for standard 2 queen room is no longer available. Since the resort doesn’t have balconies to sit out to enjoy the view, I don’t see the point of paying more for view for me.

How many days will you be there? I’ve heard the Stay More Save More rate is fairly close to AP rate. I’d book with the SMSM rate room only now and keep watching for when AP rate comes out. If it’s cheaper, for room, and the additional cost of AP book the AP rate. You only need to produce AP on Check in. You don’t need it for booking.
That’s what I’m doing. I booked SMSM rate, and glad I did. That rate for standard 2 queen room is no longer available. Since the resort doesn’t have balconies to sit out to enjoy the view, I don’t see the point of paying more for view for me.

Right now we're thinking 3 nights, Monday-Thursday, but I'm thinking about adding Sunday night as well. The Stay More Save More rate option comes up when I add the 4th night, however, it is more than the seasonal rate. I guess the room type I want to book at the seasonal rate isn't available for the Stay more rate.

The smsm rate is available depending on the dates, for either 3 or 4 night bookings
Rates are cheaper at the 7 night bookings

That is what I use and for the season I go, it is at the 35% discount

You can see the chart for each smsm season on the uo website

June is a popular month so don’t know if seasonal rate or smsm is best
My long yearly visit is end of September thru Columbus Day in October and use smsm

Play with the numbers until you know which discount code suits you better

If you do a 4 night stay, it will be relaxing and no rushing

You could do split days at the parks, a day at Vbay and time at City Walk for early dinners
It would not be a rushed vacation having 4 full days for UO

The smsm rate is available depending on the dates, for either 3 or 4 night bookings
Rates are cheaper at the 7 night bookings

That is what I use and for the season I go, it is at the 35% discount

You can see the chart for each smsm season on the uo website

June is a popular month so don’t know if seasonal rate or smsm is best
My long yearly visit is end of September thru Columbus Day in October and use smsm

Play with the numbers until you know which discount code suits you better

If you do a 4 night stay, it will be relaxing and no rushing

You could do split days at the parks, a day at Vbay and time at City Walk for early dinners
It would not be a rushed vacation having 4 full days for UO
Where do you find the seasonal rate chart? I was looking but can’t find it.

Right now we're thinking 3 nights, Monday-Thursday, but I'm thinking about adding Sunday night as well. The Stay More Save More rate option comes up when I add the 4th night, however, it is more than the seasonal rate. I guess the room type I want to book at the seasonal rate isn't available for the Stay more rate.
I had to play with dates to find the best rate. We did 3 park days last visit, and found it exhausting. IMO 3 days is rushed. At least for us. So if you can add a day, I would. I suspect they only alot a certain # of rooms for the SMSM rate. I notice the rate I booked is no longer available, or maybe they just sold out of those rooms for late April/early May. Not sure, I’m not an expert on Universal.

Sign now on front desks for guest information.

i-S54LbcM-XL.jpg

I am all for this. Obviously Vegas was heartbreaking, and I want to feel safe while I'm on vacation. I really don't understand why people would be surprised or upset by this as many hotels are following suit. Whether you believe it actually keeps you safe or not is on you, but this is one of those see something say something things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter