ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Once you are in your room, or receive the text your room is ready, call and request your luggage be brought to your room

In all my stays at rpr, I have never had my luggage delivered to my room automatically once the room was assigned unless I have contacted them after I received the text

I guess friends have been extra lucky.........

They all said when they got back the luggage was in the room. So that isn’t standard??

We never use the service as we always arrive after 6pm usually........no jumping to the parks early for us........:)

So my DH just surprised me with a AmEx gift card for the trip (the card was for my birthday, the trip is a long awaited family bucket list item) can this be used to book the hotel? I know we can use it to pay for the hotel once booked but can we use it to actually book? I'm still kind of stunned, we've been putting away funds a little at a time to do this and unbeknownst to me he was REALLY putting away funds to make sure we can make it work. I'm now in a position to book the hotel which has me going wait, really?

I book my room with a cc and pay for the stay with gift cards

No idea if Loews hotels allow using a gift card for the deposit

Call the Loews/hotel and ask if it is allowed or possible

I book my room with a cc and pay for the stay with gift cards

So I called and the answer is no on the deposit and I asked if we could pay the balance with a GC (after making the reservation with a CCd) and got a solid no on that as well. He said we need the credit card for incidentals. I said I want those turned off, and his response was we don't do that. As I know I've asked this question before here and have gotten a different response, I'm hoping this is a case of YMMV depending on the CM you're talking to.

So I called and the answer is no on the deposit and I asked if we could pay the balance with a GC (after making the reservation with a CCd) and got a solid no on that as well. He said we need the credit card for incidentals. I said I want those turned off, and his response was we don't do that. As I know I've asked this question before here and have gotten a different response, I'm hoping this is a case of YMMV depending on the CM you're talking to.

You can absolutely pay for the rest with a gift card. I haven't done it in advance of my arrival, but do it once I am there. I usually have a CC on file, but just don't make any room charges.

Which may be the key difference.

I hate the "incidental charges" business, basically the hotel gets to hold onto my money for days for no reason.

I don’t charge things back to my room so I typically tell them no charging privileges at check in and I’ve never had anything held, I have no problem pulling out my debit card or cc or cash sometimes also.

Also I thought during checkout online when putting a deposit it gave you the option of using a gift card?

Maybe that was Disney I seen, my current reservation was booked through a friend at RPR.

My last 4 stays at rpr I have made the booking by phone and used a cc to pay the deposit

And when I check into the hotel, I pay the room in full with UO gift cards
My room is totally prepaid in full in advance

They have asked for a cc on file in case there are incidental charges on room damage

I find this to be asked for whatever I stay when I pay my room in full at the time I check in

You were given incorrect info that gift cards are not accepted at the hotel

After I booked my reservation, I bought gift cards from UO for the amount that would be the remainder for the hotel bill

You received incorrect info from the TM on the phone

Don’t worry
You are good using the gift card

We are checking in August 24-31 Royal Pacific Club Level. We just received a welcome letter from club level notifying us about Club Level Lounge being refurbished and as such relocated in a private dining area in Islands Dining room. As noted by previous posters, it does appear that the relocation of the club lounge will be very pleasant. Thanks to everyone for their information on the disboards! You are all such nice people, and me and my family appreciates you all!

We are checking in August 24-31 Royal Pacific Club Level. We just received a welcome letter from club level notifying us about Club Level Lounge being refurbished and as such relocated in a private dining area in Islands Dining room. As noted by previous posters, it does appear that the relocation of the club lounge will be very pleasant. Thanks to everyone for their information on the disboards! You are all such nice people, and me and my family appreciates you all!

Hope you have a wonderful stay..........:)

Once you are in your room, or receive the text your room is ready, call and request your luggage be brought to your room

In all my stays at rpr, I have never had my luggage delivered to my room automatically once the room was assigned unless I have contacted them after I received the text

Must you be in your room before requesting the luggage be delivered? How long does it take after request to get your stuff?

We would be at the parks all day and I’m thinking of sticking around for HHN while my wife takes our little kids back so trying to gauge how much trouble it would be for her to get our stored luggage. Thanks.

I’ve read some guests did not have the same experiences as I did with the luggage

My luggage was only brought to my room after I received the text of room assignment
I requested then to have it delivered to the room as I was in the park like I said in my above post

I checked in at 9 and went to the park
I received the text at 4 that day
(4 is official check in time)

RK503

You have the same question in the other thread/sticky

Updated express info for hotels

Same answer as mine

RK503

You have the same question in the other thread/sticky

Updated express info for hotels

Same answer as mine

Thanks, yes I found the other thread
I’ve read some guests did not have the same experiences as I did with the luggage

My luggage was only brought to my room after I received the text of room assignment
I requested then to have it delivered to the room as I was in the park like I said in my above post

I checked in at 9 and went to the park
I received the text at 4 that day
(4 is official check in time)

Thanks for the help.

If anyone is onsite, could you post a picture of the August movie schedule? We'll be there the final week of August.

What type of rooms are located on the ground floor? Do they have any 2 queen water view rooms on 1st floor?

If anyone is onsite, could you post a picture of the August movie schedule? We'll be there the final week of August.

Poolside movies stopped last September.

They’re not shown at any of the resorts now.

What type of rooms are located on the ground floor? Do they have any 2 queen water view rooms on 1st floor?

Ground floor will have 2 queen rooms.

They may be classed as water view, but with the bamboo trees you wouldn’t have much of a view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter