ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

I just wanted to be clear, since you asked if they will adjust your rate once you get the AP - you HAVE to book the APH rate when you book the room. Like schumigirl said, you don't need to actually have the AP beforehand, but the AP rates are not just given when you show up with one, they have to be done when booking. (and depending on your date, you may not be able to get an APH rate - I would check asap) I'm not sure if they give AP rates for 1 night stays, a quick check of a few random late June dates shows none available for 1 night.

I had a AP rate for one night back on Friday, May 18.

Planning a trip in Nov. 2 adults, 3 kids. Is there any difference in the adult and the kids room keys?

Not sure if we will have an AP but was just over at the site having a general look around and price checking. I know it is too early for the AP discount to show, but I was not able to find where the APH code is added to the room and I would like to know that before.

Also, this will be the first time I will be handicapped, I am assuming I just tell them when we check in or is there a place I can put it on the reservation?

All on the reservation, children or adults, receive the same hotel card.
Only difference will be the names on it.

You can request an ADA room when you book.
If you book online, not sure if it is listed on it.

But once you book, you can call reservations and let them know you need an ADA room.
Don't wait until you arrive as they could be full at the time you check in.

ADA rooms for RPR:

ADA Rooms at Loews Royal Pacific Resort
ADA Rooms:
Standard 1 King Bed, and 2 Queen Beds
Water View 1 King Bed, and 2 Queen Beds
Club Level 1 King Bed, and 2 Queen Beds (Limited – only 1 unit for each room type)

Roll In Shower Options – Roll-in Shower rooms must be confirmed with Special Service
Standard 1 King Bed, and 2 Queen Beds
Water View 2 Queen Beds (limited to 1 unit for this room type)
Club Level 1 King Bed, and 2 Queen Beds (limited to 1 unit for each room type)
Kids Suite (limited to 2 units for this room type)

Guest Room Accessible Features:

Entry doors are 36″ wide
Doors with peepholes at 3’6″ from the floor
Closets with rods at 48″ high
Toilets with hand bar
Bathroom choices
Roll-in shower stall with adjustable shower head or combo shower/tub with adjustable shower head, tub seat, and hand bar
Closed-caption television
Smoke detector with light

Sight & Hearing Impaired Features:
  • All entrances to individual guest rooms will include the room number in Braille.
  • Hearing Impaired Kits (that include a TDD relay service) are available from Star Service and may be used in any guest room.

Hey guys- we are staying at HRH in late Aug but the Luau at RPH popped up as a nice option.
My question for you- is it worth it? Alot of reviews online take issue with the fact that it's a short time, and that the show doesn't seem all that long. What I'm looking to see is whether you feel you got your money's worth in terms of food/beverage/show? We are a family of 5 so it will be a small investment for us to go.
What is the difference in seating with "preferred" vs. non-preferred? Are sight lines impeded by non-preferred seats? How does it compare to Disney's luau?
Thanks for any comments or feedback you may have.

Hey guys- we are staying at HRH in late Aug but the Luau at RPH popped up as a nice option.
My question for you- is it worth it? Alot of reviews online take issue with the fact that it's a short time, and that the show doesn't seem all that long. What I'm looking to see is whether you feel you got your money's worth in terms of food/beverage/show? We are a family of 5 so it will be a small investment for us to go.
What is the difference in seating with "preferred" vs. non-preferred? Are sight lines impeded by non-preferred seats? How does it compare to Disney's luau?
Thanks for any comments or feedback you may have.

It was a long time ago when we did it.

We thought it was worth the money, but some don’t.

The food was good and we enjoyed it, and cocktails were decent, but some have said recently they didn’t taste as strong as before.

We had the preferred seats and they were decent. I really didn’t pay attention to other seats. The family who were seated beside us thought it was on a par with the Disney luau, but can’t comment on that.........

It is fun.......but it was fairly short.

It was a long time ago when we did it.

We thought it was worth the money, but some don’t.

The food was good and we enjoyed it, and cocktails were decent, but some have said recently they didn’t taste as strong as before.

We had the preferred seats and they were decent. I really didn’t pay attention to other seats. The family who were seated beside us thought it was on a par with the Disney luau, but can’t comment on that.........

It is fun.......but it was fairly short.

Thanks very much for the feedback. Given the size of my group I'm just looking to make sure that it's worth the spend. We definitely enjoyed the Disney Luau but I can't recall if that show was also approx 1 hr long.

Thanks very much for the feedback. Given the size of my group I'm just looking to make sure that it's worth the spend. We definitely enjoyed the Disney Luau but I can't recall if that show was also approx 1 hr long.

You’re welcome.......I wish I could help more, but feel my info might be outdated.......

I hope someone comes along with a more recent review, yes it is a lot of money for 5 people.........

We're heading to RPR for a seven-night stay and happened to get a good deal on a water view room. I wondered what we can expect? I may be a little spoiled after Disneyland, where you can get Matterhorn/fireworks views from off-property hotels. I think we had a room at RPR before that was just a view of the pool from a low floor? I've seen photos of much better views, but are those more expensive rooms?

Also, has the pool changed since our last visit a few years ago? Are floats allowed? Do they still provide beach balls and pool noodles free of charge?

And, what's the easiest way to get my family to Cabana Bay and to SF, in the evenings for meals and during the day for swimming? With a longer stay, I know we won't want to stick to RPR, as much as we loved it in the past. We like walking -- there's a path, right? Is there a link to a good map somewhere?

You’re welcome.......I wish I could help more, but feel my info might be outdated.......

I hope someone comes along with a more recent review, yes it is a lot of money for 5 people.........

Thank you for all the RPR info you provide -- and the trip reports that have helped me dream about my trip.

We're heading to RPR for a seven-night stay and happened to get a good deal on a water view room. I wondered what we can expect? I may be a little spoiled after Disneyland, where you can get Matterhorn/fireworks views from off-property hotels. I think we had a room at RPR before that was just a view of the pool from a low floor? I've seen photos of much better views, but are those more expensive rooms?

Also, has the pool changed since our last visit a few years ago? Are floats allowed? Do they still provide beach balls and pool noodles free of charge?

And, what's the easiest way to get my family to Cabana Bay and to SF, in the evenings for meals and during the day for swimming? With a longer stay, I know we won't want to stick to RPR, as much as we loved it in the past. We like walking -- there's a path, right? Is there a link to a good map somewhere?

Thank you for all the RPR info you provide -- and the trip reports that have helped me dream about my trip.

First thank you so much.......I appreciate the comment!

Pool noodles are free to use and there are beach balls around for everyone to use........

Water view rooms are classed as more expensive than standard views. If you like a view it’s usually worth it, but a water view can be classed as the waterways for the boats. So if you want a pool view you should have it marked in your reservation :thumbsup2

You can walk to both hotels. There is a path and you can also walk through the ballroom and convention area to get to a Sapphire Falls.

I’ve never walked to CBay......but you can do it.

I booked 3 nights in early October a while back and was waiting patiently for APH discount. Interestingly the average nightly rate has increased $100 for the nights I am watching. Might need to switch to Hard Rock if prices remain high.

I booked 3 nights in early October a while back and was waiting patiently for APH discount. Interestingly the average nightly rate has increased $100 for the nights I am watching. Might need to switch to Hard Rock if prices remain high.

RPR prices do usually go up first as it has the lowest starting prices among the 3 hotels that offer Express Passes. That time of year is also HHN time so that will not help matters. Not sure how likely AP rates are during that time of year, but I am pretty sure they are not usually released until about a month or so out.

FF268F93-6492-463E-BB9E-C124472D58F4.jpeg
We were going to stay at HR or PB later this year but I changed my mind went ahead and booked one of these Jurassic World Suites early December!!!

The kids don’t even know.....:rotfl2:

Im planning on a last minute trip this July and the last two trips I stayed at Royal Pacific. The only thing that is maybe pushing me towards looking at the other two deluxe hotels wasI had some issues with the sound at RP last trip. Granted the room was near the elevator so we heard the crowds running and kid noise. Im sure that played a huge part.
Has anyone had any noise complaints lately for RP because I really do like the hotel but I also like to get a few hours of sleep in at night.

Recently returned from a last minute trip to UO and have now changed up WDW plans for August to spend two days/one night at UO. The only APH availability under $600 was either a deluxe queen at PBH or a jurassic kid suite at RPH. For a $44 difference i chose the suite! Can't wait.

However we do it, we'll have an awesome room as we will hit up RRR, Minions, Mummy (x2), Transformers, Diagon, Gringotts, train to Hogsmeade, Forbidden journey, Jurassic River, Kong (x2), Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Hulk. Maybe the log and raft rides, but not me, just the kids.

Recently returned from a last minute trip to UO and have now changed up WDW plans for August to spend two days/one night at UO. The only APH availability under $600 was either a deluxe queen at PBH or a jurassic kid suite at RPH. For a $44 difference i chose the suite! Can't wait.

However we do it, we'll have an awesome room as we will hit up RRR, Minions, Mummy (x2), Transformers, Diagon, Gringotts, train to Hogsmeade, Forbidden journey, Jurassic River, Kong (x2), Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Hulk. Maybe the log and raft rides, but not me, just the kids.

I would have taken the suite, too! We’re planning a trip for next June and I’m more or less settled on RPR. We stayed at PBH before and it was lovely, but I think the vibe at RPR will suit us better. We’re a party of six, so we need one of the hospitality suites or two rooms. I would love to stay in the Jurassic World suites, but at least preliminary pricing, two of those suites was more than the hospitality suite.

I would have taken the suite, too! We’re planning a trip for next June and I’m more or less settled on RPR. We stayed at PBH before and it was lovely, but I think the vibe at RPR will suit us better. We’re a party of six, so we need one of the hospitality suites or two rooms. I would love to stay in the Jurassic World suites, but at least preliminary pricing, two of those suites was more than the hospitality suite.

Enjoy the hospitality suite if you book that! Those rooms are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!