ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

A waterview room means your on the side of the tower that faces the pool and/or the waterway. Personally, if you get one, I'd ask for a higher room floor 6 or 7 if possible. If you get a ground or 2nd floor room, you might have an obstructed view from the trees.

Personally, if you go with a base level, no-view, room, I actually like the ground floor rooms the best as your view looks more like a jungle river.

This will be our first time staying at RPR, very excited! I think I am going to just book a standard room is there a request I can make for a better view? What are you looking at with the water view? Thanks

A water view room can either be a pool view or the waterway that the boats go on.

Maybe request a high floor too :thumbsup2

Hope you have a lovely trip!

I should also add to what I already posted, the water under the bridge you walk in over, can also be classed as a water view too.

The sushi bar is excellent. Of all the places around Orlando we have eaten sushi, we find this one hard to beat.

In the next few weeks we should know what’s fully open. We haven’t had any personal reports from anyone staying at the hotel right now.

Are you planning a trip anytime soon? We've cancelled our trips June, Oct & November and might try next year.

I called the hotel directly this morning and was told that due to the current situation, the club level lounge was not open and club level guest would receive $100 a day in gift certificates to use in the hotel restaurants. When I did the math, I was better off purchasing a regular room.

I'm I missing something else that their club level offers?
I’m interested if anyone else has heard this. We are booked for CL in mid July. I would rather book a different room type if the lounge isn’t open at all. I’m okay with reduced offerings, but not okay with no offerings.

Are you planning a trip anytime soon? We've cancelled our trips June, Oct & November and might try next year.

We are due to arrive Sept 6th through till October. We also have 14 nights booked Nov/Dec this year and recently added 3 weeks in May next year.

At the minute the flight ban is still in operation for us, so we can’t fly into the USA. But, Virgin have announced they are starting to operate flights from July 20th, so hopefully they think or know the ban will be lifted.

If we can fly, we’ll be there. We’ll deal with whatever the situation is then and make the best of it.

Are we crazy? Some folks would say yes.....but, unless something happens to stop us, we’ll be there. Talking to friends at the hotel, we feel ok about it. Of course, we haven’t worn a mask yet as it’s not mandatory anywhere here where we have wandered to.

I‘m sorry you have cancelled your trips, but completely understand why......and yes, hopefully next year for you....... :thumbsup2

Anyone have any guesses or info on when the luau may start up again? We are booked at Portofino right now but I’m considering moving us to Royal Pacific...it looks like a gorgeous resort and perhaps a bit more kid friendly. We travel at the beginning of August and would love to see the luau and torch lighting ceremony!

Very excited. I just booked two nights here in July so we can have three days of express passes. Never been to Universal but the Disney trip is a bust so trying something new. Thanks to all the info on this board I bought a park pass and it was minimal difference to just go ahead and get an annual pass so I got a great AP rate on the room.

Anyone have any guesses or info on when the luau may start up again? We are booked at Portofino right now but I’m considering moving us to Royal Pacific...it looks like a gorgeous resort and perhaps a bit more kid friendly. We travel at the beginning of August and would love to see the luau and torch lighting ceremony!

I would hope by August this Is started again.

Royal Pacific is a very beautiful resort!

I would not however consider it anymore kid friendly then any other Universal Resort, especially Portofino Bay......

Very excited. I just booked two nights here in July so we can have three days of express passes. Never been to Universal but the Disney trip is a bust so trying something new. Thanks to all the info on this board I bought a park pass and it was minimal difference to just go ahead and get an annual pass so I got a great AP rate on the room.
I am doing the same thing, Disney parks will still be closed for our dates, so we decided to give Universal a try. I did not consider annual pass discounts. If you do not mind me asking, what was discount and the process (buy AP first then given a code?).

All the hotels are kid friendly, don't worry about that.

We`ve had some folks say they feel PB is a little upmarket, it`s really not. It`s nice, just as the others are nice and all have activities for children around the pool. I`m very biased ::yes:: and much prefer RPR, it`s a very personal thing though. You may go to PB and feel very much at home there.

No idea about the Luau yet. The Luau is very good and the torch lighting ceremony is very cute.

I am doing the same thing, Disney parks will still be closed for our dates, so we decided to give Universal a try. I did not consider annual pass discounts. If you do not mind me asking, what was discount and the process (buy AP first then given a code?).

AP discounts are limited for rooms. So they may not always be available for you. You have to keep checking as to when they become available. Folks on the boards here post when they show up and there is a thread for it.

You don't need an AP to book the room, you just have to show it at some point during your stay. So you can book and then buy your AP later.

Thank you for posting about the AP discount. I had not even considered it.
AP discounts are limited for rooms. So they may not always be available for you. You have to keep checking as to when they become available. Folks on the boards here post when they show up and there is a thread for it.

You don't need an AP to book the room, you just have to show it at some point during your stay. So you can book and then buy your AP later.

Thank you for sharing all your knowledge, I am now officially book for my first trip. I actually reserved my 5 nights and bought the AP cheaper than the 2 night promotion with discounted tickets on the US website.

Got an AP last week because the seasonal was only $10 more than the “buy 2 days, get 2 free” promo. AP discount saved us $125 at rooms at Royal Pacific compared to all non-AP rates I could find across multiple discount websites and Universals as well!

What is the AP rate at Royal Pacific? I just booked RP but haven’t gotten tickets yet. Just wondered if the AP would be worth it.

I went to the AP thread on here and there was a link to look up AP discounts for whatever dates you're looking at for the Universal Resorts. That is how I was able to determine what the AP rate would be and then I booked it. I purchased the AP about 10 min before I booked the hotel. I believe once you check in you have to show your AP. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The discount was close to $200 off per night for the room we were looking at by using the AP. Plus with the express passes included in the stay, it was a no-brainer for our situation. :)

I went to the AP thread on here and there was a link to look up AP discounts for whatever dates you're looking at for the Universal Resorts. That is how I was able to determine what the AP rate would be and then I booked it. I purchased the AP about 10 min before I booked the hotel. I believe once you check in you have to show your AP. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The discount was close to $200 off per night for the room we were looking at by using the AP. Plus with the express passes included in the stay, it was a no-brainer for our situation. :)
I already booked the room though I wonder if I can still get the discount taken off for an AP?

I already booked the room though I wonder if I can still get the discount taken off for an AP?

Yes, as long as AP rate is available for your dates, if you have an existing reservation you may need to call, sometimes it does give you the option to make a rate change when you pull up the res online, easiest maybe to call though as the online way may prompt you to call anyhow, you just need to show your AP anytime prior to checkout. Also if you have purchased your pass your year will begin from the first date you use it. :cool1:

Yes, as long as AP rate is available for your dates, if you have an existing reservation you may need to call, sometimes it does give you the option to make a rate change when you pull up the res online, easiest maybe to call though as the online way may prompt you to call anyhow, you just need to show your AP anytime prior to checkout. Also if you have purchased your pass your year will begin from the first date you use it. :cool1:
Thank you for all the information 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter