ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Funny but true! We went to Universal this past August, it was like the last week and so very hot and humid. Typically we go to WDW in late Oct. / early Nov. and my goodness our photos were horrible! It wasn't the photographers fault. I did my hair and makeup and by the time we reached the park, what a hot mess! I looked like this...
View attachment 451737 seriously!
And we were all looking like freshly glazed donuts! :rotfl: Needless to say I did not print any of our photos! :lmao:So looking forward this upcoming trip!

lol.......I think a lot of us ladies know that look!! And I agree, so many pictures I won’t post........hair is beyond a mess!!

Right behind you FoxC........ :wave2:

Hi all! Staying at Royal Pacific in a couple weeks. Just wondering if someone could help with logistics. Never stayed on property before and it’s been five years since we visited Universal. We are Disney regulars.😉 Just wondering about taking the boat or walking path to the parks...where do you come out? Where is City Walk in relation? Do you walk through it coming in or out or no? Also, would leaving RP around 7:30 am put us in good shape for being in the line for Hagrid’s at a decent time? Thank you!

Hi all! Staying at Royal Pacific in a couple weeks. Just wondering if someone could help with logistics. Never stayed on property before and it’s been five years since we visited Universal. We are Disney regulars.😉 Just wondering about taking the boat or walking path to the parks...where do you come out? Where is City Walk in relation? Do you walk through it coming in or out or no? Also, would leaving RP around 7:30 am put us in good shape for being in the line for Hagrid’s at a decent time? Thank you!

The boat will put you basically in the center of Citywalk and roughly equal distance to either gate. Walking will bring you out next to Margaritaville and the bridge leading right to IOA. As far as timing goes with Hagrids there is no guarantee, it does fill up early though so I believe you have the right idea, it’s a very awesome ride and if you can tolerate the wait it is definitely worth it, although we were lucky when we had got on and never waited more than 40 minutes, once we were actually on just over 10 minutes!

The walk from the hotels are beautiful. From RPR it`s around a 6-7 minute walk max and mostly shade for quite a time. A few minutes more to Studios. If you walk you go through your security check to the side of Margaritaville. It`s very rarely busy.

If you take the boat, you pass through security checks before you get on the boat. Both walking and boat take you into Citywalk where Studios is one side, and IOA is the other. If you are in one park, you can walk through Citywalk to the other, or use the Hogwarts Express to get to the opposite park.

Hagrids is a hit and miss still. Try early am and later pm if it doesn't look good through the day.

Hope you have a lovely trip, we`re there in just over two weeks too for our final trip of the year there.....can`t wait and I imagine you`ll be the same......

The boat will put you basically in the center of Citywalk and roughly equal distance to either gate. Walking will bring you out next to Margaritaville and the bridge leading right to IOA. As far as timing goes with Hagrids there is no guarantee, it does fill up early though so I believe you have the right idea, it’s a very awesome ride and if you can tolerate the wait it is definitely worth it, although we were lucky when we had got on and never waited more than 40 minutes, once we were actually on just over 10 minutes!
Nah the boat is definitely closer to Universal Studios as opposed to IOA.

Hi,
We're planning to go next month and thinking of staying in a Club Level King room.
I saw the room picture on the website which shows it has a sofa but does anyone know if it's an actual sofa bed?
Maybe a twin or full size sofa sleeper?

Is anyone currently in the hotel that would like some groceries? We have a LOT that will be tossed if we can’t get it to someone that could use it. We check out tomorrow... I could move it to someone tonight or tomorrow morning before the parks. We have cereal, some bowls, granola bars, some chips, cookies...

Hi,
We're planning to go next month and thinking of staying in a Club Level King room.
I saw the room picture on the website which shows it has a sofa but does anyone know if it's an actual sofa bed?
It’s a full sofa sleeper. It’s not super comfortable so if you have someone who’s sensitive to uncomfortable beds, it may not be for them. My kids didn’t care :) We loved the suite!

It’s a full sofa sleeper. It’s not super comfortable so if you have someone who’s sensitive to uncomfortable beds, it may not be for them. My kids didn’t care :) We loved the suite!

Were you in a king room or a king suite? There's a big difference. The king room is just one room with a king bed and a sofa, the king suite has two rooms.

Hi,
I don't believe that the king rooms have a pullout but just a small couch.

If you are in one park, you can walk through Citywalk to the other
This is a bit confusing in person, I think. I always imagined the river as a border with Citywalk on one side and the parks on the other - with Hard Rock and Toothsome as some independent nation between the two parks.

It was probably our 4th visit before we realized we didn't have to cross the water, twice, to switch parks. My wife was like, "Why don't we go this way?" and pointed towards Hard Rock. It was life changing. ;)

Were you in a king room or a king suite? There's a big difference. The king room is just one room with a king bed and a sofa, the king suite has two rooms.

I don't believe that the king rooms have a pullout but just a small couch.
Ohhhhh I must have read the previous post too quickly. I thought they were asking about a suite. Disregard. Sorry for the inaccurate info! :duck:

Hey there, I posted this above but didn't get responses so thought I'd try again. TIA!

So, I actually read all 138 pgs of this thread. Yall are awesome!
We booked a Southwest pkg that included a pkg discount and SMSM pricing for 5n march1-7. Me, dh, ds6 and dd1.
My issue is that we need JP suite or larger because dd will NOT sleep if any if us are in the room. So we need two sleeping areas. She also goes to bed at 6 so the area she uses cant be the one open to the door or bathroom.
I hate the price, but I'm at a loss for another room set up at any of EP resorts.
In any case, are JP suites near the elevators? I swear if someone wakes her up with hallway noise........ she is "spirited" and I'm already nervous about it lol. I will bring white noise but it doesnt always work.
Also, can I take one of the twin jp mattresses and put in the other bedroom? My son won't sleep WITHOUT us in the room when he is in a strange place, so was thinking of just moving mattress only to other room.
Do I need to request a crib ahead of time? Anyone have info on those?

Hey there, I posted this above but didn't get responses so thought I'd try again. TIA!

So, I actually read all 138 pgs of this thread. Yall are awesome!
We booked a Southwest pkg that included a pkg discount and SMSM pricing for 5n march1-7. Me, dh, ds6 and dd1.
My issue is that we need JP suite or larger because dd will NOT sleep if any if us are in the room. So we need two sleeping areas. She also goes to bed at 6 so the area she uses cant be the one open to the door or bathroom.
I hate the price, but I'm at a loss for another room set up at any of EP resorts.
In any case, are JP suites near the elevators? I swear if someone wakes her up with hallway noise........ she is "spirited" and I'm already nervous about it lol. I will bring white noise but it doesnt always work.
Also, can I take one of the twin jp mattresses and put in the other bedroom? My son won't sleep WITHOUT us in the room when he is in a strange place, so was thinking of just moving mattress only to other room.
Do I need to request a crib ahead of time? Anyone have info on those?

We usually request a crib ahead of time. They are the fold up crib, not pack and play. They may have pack and plays as well but we've always been given an actual crib.

I see no reason why you can't move the mattress. They aren't attached. You may have to juggle things a bit.

Thinking about a solo trip in January. We stayed at RP in October and I LOVED it. Pricing package puts Hard Rock about $120 less for a 4 night stay with P2P. Opinions? I’m older so would probably spend more time in room than when with family.

First, I'm assuming you want to stay at one of the Premier on-site hotels for the EP option. If that is not accurate, then you might check out SF as it has a very nice pool, quality/service is similar to the Premier hotels, but since no EP, it normally is less expensive. Or possibly CBR, from a theme perspective, I probably like it better than any other on-site hotel. It is less expensive than even SF, but again no EP.

Second, traveling alone and deciding among the 3 Premier hotels, I'd ask what are your priorities? Cost first and foremost? If so, then go with the least expensive option. If "theming" is most important, does one interest you more than the other 2? Going solo, I'd probably not worry about the room size differences between the 3 hotels. While 450+ sqft vs. 335 sqft can mean a lot when you have 3, 4 or 5 persons in the room, when its only 1, it wouldn't be one of my big decision points. Going in January, you might not be planning on laying out by the pools as much as other seasons, but I will say that at I've found RPR seems to keep its jacuzzi's at a higher temp than PBR. Its been a long time since I last stayed at the HRH. So I can't compare it to the other 2. But I personally like to go sit in a nice fairly hot jacuzzi during the afternoons (when I'm traveling in January, and I will be at RPR this coming January. :) )

Also, does proximity to the parks mean much to you? HRH is about as close to US as a hotel could get. Yes, you have the water taxis and they are great, but if you like to walk back and forth to the parks, is location/proximity a factor? Note that I do believe if you plan to walk to IOA a bunch, RPR seems to be a slightly shorter walk than HRH, but none of the hotels are closer to US than HRH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter