ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

I know this has probably been asked before and I have searched some, but gave up.
Say I go ahead and book our room and then a discount comes out.
Will they have to cancel my reservation and book a new one or just adjust the price on my current reservation?

I know this has probably been asked before and I have searched some, but gave up.
Say I go ahead and book our room and then a discount comes out.
Will they have to cancel my reservation and book a new one or just adjust the price on my current reservation?

Yes, go ahead and book it. If there’s a discount call and they’ll just amend the cost to the lower price.

Hey guys I have a quick question. My BFF and I are looking at booking this hotel with club level for her birthday in March. The best deal I found was on undercovertourist for tickets and hotel package. Have you guys booked that before? I am looking for the best deal like everyone else is. We are going just for the weekend March 1-3. We will go straight to the hotel to check in and leave our bags. Can I get her a birthday button at the hotel or do I need to wait until we get to Universal itself ? Thanks guys.

Book soon if you plan to stay at rpr in 7 weeks from now
I only book direct with Loews so can’t answer your question with the undercover package

Hopefully some one that uses 3rd party agencies can help you with that question

When you book have it noted you are celebrating your daughters bd
Usually the celebration button is given to you when you check in to the hotel

If by chance no button is given, you can get the celebration button at guest services in the parks

Book soon if you plan to stay at rpr in 7 weeks from now
I only book direct with Loews so can’t answer your question with the undercover package

Hopefully some one that uses 3rd party agencies can help you with that question

When you book have it noted you are celebrating your daughters bd
Usually the celebration button is given to you when you check in to the hotel

If by chance no button is given, you can get the celebration button at guest services in the parks
Mac, is there a difference or benefit booking thru Lowe’s vs Universal? Curious.

Loews owns many hotel and has the onsite UO hotels listed on their website
They list specials at times such as bed and breakfast deals
Nice but not something I want to include for the extra money

Most use the UO booking site as they only list the properties at the park
It’s streamlined and has park properties only listed

Quicker to compare uo site hotels for me

People book both ways
Loews website or UO website

With the YouFirst program gone, I stopped using Loews hotels outside of Orlando

Anyone know how the pool renovations are getting on?

Nicely apparently...…..

Also heard they are planning to update the bathroom mirror lighting. This seems to be a guest complaint that is being rectified...…..

Have no idea when this begins.

Hello all!! This thread is EVERYTHING to me!! I really did just spend the last week or so going through every single page - yes, all 102 pages - and I cannot tell you how helpful this has been to me!! We just came back from Disney at the end of December and while we're usually Universal people (my parents have numerous photos of me and my sister in park rented Jurassic Park jeep strollers in the early/mid-90s and Universal should absolutely bring those back) but haven't been in a few years because my little niece is in a full princess phase. She's really into Spider-Man though (Spider-Man and Princesses is my niece in a nutshell) and we talked about maybe making a trip out to Universal at some point this year. We've never stayed onsite before and I've always looked longingly at the water taxi before forcing my feet to work long enough to make the trek back to the car. I couldn't help myself and "accidentally" booked a trip in November when I was just doing research on prices. Club level was the only room category left beside suites for the week before Thanksgiving so I couldn't NOT just accidentally click book before we couldn't go that week at all because everything is booked up:rotfl: I definitely accidentally booked without knowing pretty much anything about the resort aside from the express pass perk so I cannot tell you guys how extremely helpful this thread has been!! I know our trip is a million years away right now but I'm a planner (Disney planning works really well for me and I actually mostly enjoy it unlike every other member of my family) so even though this is a lot more chill and a LOT less neurotic "every second of every day must be PLANNED" kind of planning I still like to know what I'm getting myself into...in detail :hyper:

I know I have a bunch of questions but I don't remember any of them at the moment. So thank you guys for maintaining this fantastic thread! you guys are the BEST and I've appreciated it more than you'll ever know :)
I am a lover of Disney planning too... Helps make the trip feel longer But I really do enjoy too the freedom of getting to just go to Universal with no planning involved .in fact we're heading there right now and I've barely batted an eye over this trip !

Maybe I'll "accidentally" book another soon too Love it

Nicely apparently...…..

Also heard they are planning to update the bathroom mirror lighting. This seems to be a guest complaint that is being rectified...…..

Have no idea when this begins.

Do you know if they are on schedule? Will be arriving on Feb 9th and hoping that it will be done by then (and that the weather is warm enough for pool time!)

I went ahead and booked RP for 404.00 a night :crazy2: at the end of June.
If I cannot get some kind of discount on it we will change to Cabana Bay.
I will be checking everyday because I really want to stay there.

Do you know if they are on schedule? Will be arriving on Feb 9th and hoping that it will be done by then (and that the weather is warm enough for pool time!)

It’s due to be completed on or around Jan 25th, and Loews are usually pretty accurate with dates.

And it’s not a major refurb of the pool, I believe the floor was being resurfaced and a few enhancements.

Last edited:
It’s due to be completed on or around Jan 25th, and Loews are usually pretty accurate with dates.

And it’s not a major return of the pool, I believe the floor was being resurfaced.

That's great news. Just got on this thread, will be staying there for three nights starting 2/18. Would hate to not have the pool.

Two quick questions, one about the resort and the other just general.

1. Laundry facilities. I know little about this resort, but did I read right that each "tower?" has its own facilities? Just wondering, we are doing a 3 part Florida vacation over 9 nights and nights 4-6 will be at RPR. Doing laundry here might be optimum, just wondering if the the facilities are convenient, reasonably priced, lots of availability(?) etc.

2. We will be checking in President's Day (Monday). We will technically have a 4 day pass and our main full days will be Tues & Wed with half days or so on either end. Staying at RPR we have the express pass, but just wondering, should we be expecting large crowd levels? I'm thinking Monday will be, just not sure if that whole week will be bad or not.

3. Actually 3rd question (probably wrong forum) but early hours at HP. Are both HP areas open early each day, or do that rotate for early hours?

Two quick questions, one about the resort and the other just general.

1. Laundry facilities. I know little about this resort, but did I read right that each "tower?" has its own facilities? Just wondering, we are doing a 3 part Florida vacation over 9 nights and nights 4-6 will be at RPR. Doing laundry here might be optimum, just wondering if the the facilities are convenient, reasonably priced, lots of availability(?) etc.

2. We will be checking in President's Day (Monday). We will technically have a 4 day pass and our main full days will be Tues & Wed with half days or so on either end. Staying at RPR we have the express pass, but just wondering, should we be expecting large crowd levels? I'm thinking Monday will be, just not sure if that whole week will be bad or not.

3. Actually 3rd question (probably wrong forum) but early hours at HP. Are both HP areas open early each day, or do that rotate for early hours?

There is a laundry room in each tower.

T1 is on the ground floor near the entrance to Jakes and the pool.

T3 is on the 2nd floor and fairly hard to find if you didn’t know it was there........I have never been in T2 so have no clue where it is.

Mardi Gras at Universal starts Feb 9th, it will bring more crowds but with EP you’ll be fine......

Can't answer the laundry ones, but generally, no, only park is open early for the whole month. They finally posted for Feb that US is the early park all month. Super busy times like Christmas they open both early, but that is pretty rare. Volcano Bay also has early hours every day (8 AM for Feb! probably won't be warm enough for me)

I see you can get a rickshaw ride from the hotel, no specific charge, but for a tip. However I have no idea what an appropriate amount would be for the tip. Can anybody advise me please?

I see you can get a rickshaw ride from the hotel, no specific charge, but for a tip. However I have no idea what an appropriate amount would be for the tip. Can anybody advise me please?

We give $10 but many just give $5.

It’s a fairly short ride.

From PBH we gave $15, it was a really slow week and it’s a bit of a haul from PBH so I thought that was appropriate.

Doing laundry here might be optimum, just wondering if the the facilities are convenient, reasonably priced, lots of availability(?) etc.
You mean loads of availability, I'm sure ;)

President's day itself 2018 was surprisingly less busy than the entire week before. No idea why, but it was a nice treat after the crowds. The weather was great, too! YMMV of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter