Royal Pacific Resort At Universal

Andrew DEREK UK

DIS Veteran
Please do not move to trip reports:-

A question and a warning, I stayed at RPR at Universal for a week recently, this was my second time, I liked it in 2003 was went back, The first in line access is great and generally the staff are very helpful.

But I encountered problems, firstly anoyone else had this? Second if booked take care!

1/ Booked room and Uinveral tickets through Virgin, checked in (delayed so it was 1am). Room ok, one voucher from Virgin holidays, for both room and ticket, ask the check in girl about the Uinversal tickets, go to Concierge 7am do I need a voucher as you have taken this one? NO its on the system.

Next morning spent one and a half hours between Concierge and going back an forth, as they couldnt find the tickets, or my voucher from check in six hours ealier, couldnt issue the tickets without a code, called Lowies Prefered line, then Virgin, but a bar code for it was in his book.

Basically I felt like I was the first ever person from Virgin with tickets, for the parks, later Virgin called the hotel voice mail and aplogised saying it was cleaerly the hotels fault!

2/ ISLANDS RESTURANT offered as kids free for under 12's with paying adult, issued a ticket at check in fro the week start and end date, looked good, first server wanted ot take it said it was good for one meal only, we wanted a breakfast buffet, whilst waitnig for the above ot be corrected.

He checked and said yes i was right, all week and kids eat free. We used that we him two mornings.

On the Wednesday we had a lady server she looked at it and said it didnt cover the buffett as 'it was too expensive' true three times ponderosa, or Sizzler, I said we had used it twice already, she wouldnt budge and wouldnt see the supervisor.

We should have pushed it but this was about the 3/4 th incident and we were on holiday, so we just didnt go there again.

Finally my room bill on the last day came with the room charges and tax on it, although I had piad Virgin fully in advance, good thing I checked it otherwise my card would have been debited for the full weeks room costs.Another visit to reception, this time they could find my voucher and changed the room bill. I paid the balance in cash to avoid any other error

So care any offers in the Virgin holidays page on RPR do not expect much!

We arrived as I said at 1am. Whilst I have parked there before, I decided to Valet park it there, that night,it about $18 per night, two and a half times Disneys deluxe resorts, CARE they presume that you VALET all week unless to tell them, so the next day I told them clearly I was self parking, as in 2003 thye charged me all week, even though I valet just on arrival for 24 hours!

Anyone else had this???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter