Royal Pacific - Anything else I need to know??

mommypenguin29

Mouseketeer
So we will be there this weekend and I am so unprepared for this trip! First time going to Universal and first time staying at Royal Pacific... I know we have early entry and express passes... we have to pay to park the car... we can walk or take a boat to the parks...anything else major I need to know?

My husband and I stayed there this past February. We absolutely loved it. It is gorgeous, and the rooms are spacious and clean. The greeters and guest service were terrific. It reminds me of the Poly but much nicer! I guess you could walk to the parks, but the boat ride is really nice. You can save your legs for all the walking at the parks:)
We did not eat at any of their restaurants, so can't help you there. I liked the security check point being before you get on the boat to the parks. Then all you have to do is go where you want when you get there.
We got there early at 7am on our first day, and it was easy to check in and get our complimentary express passes and park id's. So we could spend all day at the parks (and have early admission to IOA), before checking in. It was like 2 days for one. You can use the next days tickets til closing too, even if you check out of the resort.
I would definitely stay at RPR again, and had no complaints.

Don't let that funny feeling of being unprepared get you down. Most WDW uber-planners have that the first time at Uni.

Staying RPR is a wonderful vacation. Everything disneyseniors says is what I believe, too. Having the EP's means you don't have to plan anything more. Eat wherever you get hungry, you don't need rezzies 6 months out. Just wing it and have fun!

Everything will be explained to you on check in, but you no longer have to have your picture taken for EP.......you will be given your room key which is scanned at rides now for EP access.....

Your EP is valid for check in and check out day too....the whole day.

Hope you have a wonderful stay........

This is a little thing, but be aware that as at many nicer hotels, there are not luggage carts available for guests' use at RPR. You will drive up to the lovely entrance, then someone will take your luggage and roll the cart inside to the bellhop station. You can then either park your own car or use valet. I have always just let the rest of the family enjoy the lobby while I parked myself. It is easy walking distance. Once you have your room number after check-in, you notify the bellhop station in person or by phone and they will bring your luggage to the room. Again, this is pretty standard practice at nicer hotels, but it's good to know so you can have tip money available for both the person at the car and the one at the room.

Review the maps of the parks and City Walk. You can familiarize yourself with the locations of rides and restaurants. Get the Universal App. Although you will have EPs, the app will let you know the standby wait times as a reference, plus when rides are down and when shows and parades are scheduled.

Thanks everyone - I like that I don't have to plan every second like Disney, but yes I have that nervous feeling about being not prepared for things:) Can't wait to get there!

We're heading down this weekend as well. This is our first trip to RPR, but second to Universal this year (stayed at CB for the first trip). I can confirm that it is way more relaxing than Disney; I used to be the FP gatherer back when we used to go to Disney.

We had no reservations at all on the first trip, which was right at the beginning of Spring Break this year. Because we didn't have express passes, we just went to the parks early in the morning and left when it got crowded. This time we'll have EP, so we can go whenever we want and not have to deal with long lines...

Op
Have a great time !

Once you are there, pick up the current park guide map at the hotel or in the parks
Show times, parade, street entertainment shows, etc will be listed on it

Before you go, look at the UO website to get an idea of the layout of the parks
You'll know in advance where restrooms, first aid, rides, etc are located

You'll be a pro with that after your first day there

We love RPR. Take advantage of the pool if you can, its one of our favorites. Also love Jake's. We're not too fond of the breakfast options - we usually want something quick so Islands is out, and the grab & go place on the main level was a madhouse the two times we visited (but a viable option). We ended up planning to grab breakfast in the parks or at City Walk on our way in.

This is a little thing, but be aware that as at many nicer hotels, there are not luggage carts available for guests' use at RPR. You will drive up to the lovely entrance, then someone will take your luggage and roll the cart inside to the bellhop station. You can then either park your own car or use valet. I have always just let the rest of the family enjoy the lobby while I parked myself. It is easy walking distance. Once you have your room number after check-in, you notify the bellhop station in person or by phone and they will bring your luggage to the room. Again, this is pretty standard practice at nicer hotels, but it's good to know so you can have tip money available for both the person at the car and the one at the room.

Review the maps of the parks and City Walk. You can familiarize yourself with the locations of rides and restaurants. Get the Universal App. Although you will have EPs, the app will let you know the standby wait times as a reference, plus when rides are down and when shows and parades are scheduled.

The luggage and parking procedures are good things to know. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter