Royal Manisons ?

Minnee

DIS Veteran<br><font color=maroon>NOT a copycat! ;
Has anyone ever stayed at the Royal Mansions before the cruise?
The pictures look great, but sometimes the pictures don't always tell the whole truth.
Thanks for any info!!!

I need to update my web site. Recent trip reports tell about dirty units and broken appliances. I'd suggest looking somewhere else.

Dave I will check into this tomorrow with Janine with Royal Mansion ----I will post here as soon as I find out --I know they will be super upset that problems have existed - I thought it was a super place to stay - anyhow thanks for letting us know
Always
Shirley

We stayed there for four days before our cruise in Aug. we booked through lodging.com, I asked at check in if we could upgrade to a ground unit as we had just spent 7 days at WDW
and my hubbys back was out due to one too many times on the Rock N roller coaster. I did not want him hauling all the luggage upstairs and further injuring his sore back . I asked at check in if they were busy and the check in clerk said no, more than half empty, but that since I had booked through a wholseller I got stuck with the room I had. I was shocked at her response since I am in the industry and would think she would want to sell an upgrade. She was rude and seemed put out. We settled into a dirty room with a badly rusted refridgerater, broken eyeglasses left on the bed, dirty q-tip under cusion on fold out sofa, unvacumed floor and food from last guest left in micro wave...yum.
The location is great, right on the beach. We also enjoyed the pool area. I filled out my comment card and gave them the bag of goodies at check out ( q-tips , bobbie pins pennies , broken glasses ect...) I also emailed the manager when I got home and got a phone call within 15 minutes or so. I explained the problems and she said that its not the norm and mailed out a 4 night free certificate to me which was nice. But I have read similar complaints on the boards, so maybe it is becoming more the norm for this property......would I stay here again? Only if I checked the room BEFORE we accepted it.

Here's an email I got today in response to Shirley's inquiry:

<blockquote><table cellpadding=30 border=1><tr><td><font face="comic sans ms" size=2>Hello Dave,

Shirley from The Perfect Gift contacted me regarding the posting from the Disney Cruise Line Forum. I just wanted to let you know that I was very dismayed to hear of problems with current stays here at Royal Mansions Resort. We have recently replaced our bedroom furniture, sofa beds, bar stools, refrigerators (working on now), new TV stands, new pictures, and dining room chairs.

Housekeeping: We now have a double inspector process for our arrivals.

I would welcome a surprise visit from you if you are ever in this area. Many guests stay here with no problems and rave of their wonderful experience. We strive to provide our guests with superior service they expect and deserve.

Thank you for your time.

Dianna Mann
General Manager
Royal Mansions Resort</font></td></tr></table></blockquote>

Thanks Dave ! We're looking for something right on the beach, but not sure if I want to chance it. I think 4crusinransier has the right idea of checking out the room before you accept it.
Thanks for all the info !!

We saw them from the ouside and they looked great. We all though next trip we should stay there the night before. I'll look forward to reading more reports here to see if they are nice or nasty inside.

Hello Dave and everybody
Thanks Dave for printing what Diane had to say - I did contact her and I did express to her what had been experienced by the cruisers - She was upset BUT very accomdating about correcting any and all problems anyone was experiencing - I have never stayed there so can not comment on the accomations, but I will say it is good Norm and I live here so we can face an issue and get it resolved for anyone that visits here.
May today be super great for everyone.
Love always
Shirley and Norm

ps Sherry - I loved your letter on Joanna and Ernie's wedding - you did an awesome blessing on their marriage.
Love ya mucho

Just a quick note to Shirley and Norm... You guys are angels!!! It is SOOOO wonderful to see that there are indeed people like you in the world who are willing to go WAYYYY out of your way to help others and to try to make a real positive difference!

I have to wonder if anyone else would have really cared enough to get involved?

I have never met you, but I just wanted to add my thanks and appreciation to all the others you must receive! You clearly love and are proud of your area in FL, and you seem to really care about your customers, and all us vacationers that breeze by!

I worked at a tourist area for a short while when I was young.... And, too many of the locals simply regarded the vacationers as more of a nuisance, even calling them "Tourons". Can you imagine! So I really do see and appreciate your wonderful attitude!

Hugs! :D

Just remember if Norm or I can help with problems down here, feel free to write and we will sure check it out - as I said Royal Mansions have been super as far as trying to work with their customers - that is more than I can say for a few Norm and I have spoke to -------Thanks again for your support.
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter