Royal Kids Clubs

DrDoodle

Earning My Ears
We will be sailing on Royal's Adventures of the Sea our of Puerto Rico with my 5 and 7 year old daughters. I see on the Royal Caribbean site that they may be in separate age groups. Is this accurate? I'm not sure how well that would go. Any other advise for kids on Royal? We have only done 1 cruise before and It was on the Disney Magic.

Yes, 5 and 7 year olds will be in different groups. We've cruised twice in lower-kid times, and because of that they combined the 6-8 and 9-11 groups, but the kids younger than 6 were still not in that group. I suppose if the kids are used to the mass grouping on a Disney ship they will notice the difference, but otherwise I'm sure they go to different places for school and are used to not being together 24/7 (unless you homeschool, of course). I'd give the programs a chance. DS loves the Royal kid program because the counselors really get to know the kids and are very involved in the activities.

So is it similar to DCL kids club? will they allow us to bump our 5 year old up to the next group?

I have the opposite issue, my kids are 9&11 and want to be in different groups!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2196169

If this wasn't you asking the question, maybe it will help you feel better about the 5 year old being in her own club.

Since on our cruises the 6-8s and 9-11s have been put together, we got a chance to see the age group program for your older daughter, and it seemed like fun, too. Even when in the same room they aren't totally together the whole time,and they try to keep things appropriate for each group. Not too babyish for the olders and not too advanced for the youngers. They seemed to do a good job and that's when those groups were together; bet it's even better when they have them separate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter