Royal drops testing requirements on shorter cruises.

caryrae

Mouseketeer
Hearing today starting August 8th on Royal you will not need to get tested if you are vaccinated and the cruise is 5 nights or less. You still need to get tested if you are vaccinated and going on a 6 night or longer cruise and if you’re unvaccinated you still need to get tested on all cruises.

With a 7-night cruise on Royal coming up in September, I'm hoping they stretch this a bit further quickly.

I have a 7 night in Sept. also.
I would like not to have to go through the hassle of testing, but I am good with it if it happens.
Just went in June and all went smoothly

Hearing today starting August 8th on Royal you will not need to get tested if you are vaccinated and the cruise is 5 nights or less. You still need to get tested if you are vaccinated and going on a 6 night or longer cruise and if you’re unvaccinated you still need to get tested on all cruises.
Ive never understood their verbiage on these things… “if you are vaccinated” seems to imply there is an option to not be vaccinated but that isn’t true is it? I am hoping we get to that point sooner rather than later, but I was just curious if I was missing something

Ive never understood their verbiage on these things… “if you are vaccinated” seems to imply there is an option to not be vaccinated but that isn’t true is it? I am hoping we get to that point sooner rather than later, but I was just curious if I was missing something
I don't think it's mandatory for kids under 12.

Honestly, it doesn't make any sense, but then again lots of Covid-related rules haven't. :confused3 If protecting passengers from exposure to the virus is the goal, that can certainly happen in less than 5 days.

Actually I’m understanding that they have dropped the vaccine requirement but that will be based on ports and such. But they are moving to try and have “ highly” vaccinated ships but welcoming all now. Also their crew will require vaccines and boosters. I got this from my TA about Royal Caribbean. Also Carnival is doing the same.
a guest or travel partner asks whether unvaccinated guests can sail:
  • Starting August 8th, 2022, we’ll be transitioning so that we can welcome all guests onboard our ships. We will maintain a high percentage of fully vaccinated guests onboard all our sailings, far above the general population. Vaccination and testing requirements may vary by port of departure, ports of call, and age group. We are working through this with our destination partners.
  • As soon as we have more details, we will share them with booked guests or you can check our website.
  • We’ll continue to monitor and adjust guidance on vaccine and testing requirements as public health conditions evolve.
  • As of now, our ships will continue to sail highly vaccinated passenger cruises and continue to fully vaccinate and boost our crew as they become eligible.

Recently returned from a 4-night RC cruise to Canada that had a sail date of August 9th. RC still required a negative covid test to board. Canada and Bermuda cruises were an exception.

AND NOW!! Finally we get to drop testing for those vaccinated on cruises 9 days or less :) (with current exclusions of cruises to Bermuda/Canada/certain European cruises) this is such good news and really relieves the stress from travelling from Canada, as I had a hard time figuring out how to fit tests inbetween Disney and port day! Hopefully this is just the beginning to cruising returning to normal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter