Royal compared to Disney?

Is it 55pp?
Yes, ours was. I watched the prices for months and that was the best I saw. It was $94.99 in the planner before we sailed but then listed as $84.99 onboard. I've seen people say they got it for $47. Royal's pricing for excursions and beverage packages is really annoying. It seems to change every day.

We just got back from our Harmony cruise. We LOVED CocoCay as well. The kid had an absolute blast on the water slides and in the wave pool. Best $55 (per person) we've spent! Oh, and the food was awesome! Mozzarella sticks and funnel cakes!
Important question - was there a soft serve machine and some sort of fruit topping close to the funnel cakes?

Important question - was there a soft serve machine and some sort of fruit topping close to the funnel cakes?
:) I don't know. We saw people with soft serve ice cream cones, but I think they were near the main food places. The funnel cakes were in the "snack shack". We took the advice of some on Cruise Critic and got the chicken sandwich and mozzarella sticks to make a chicken parm sandwich. It was really good! We were kind bummed we didn't have time to find the soft serve machine because we saw people with chocolate/vanilla swirl. On the ship all we could find was chocolate/strawberry or vanilla/strawberry. We didn't understand why strawberry was in every machine.

We had a great cruise and loved CocoCay.

We just got back from our Harmony cruise. We LOVED CocoCay as well. The kid had an absolute blast on the water slides and in the wave pool. Best $55 (per person) we've spent! Oh, and the food was awesome! Mozzarella sticks and funnel cakes!

I've not had the funnel cakes but those Mozzarella sticks were very good! :D

Is it 55pp?

I think it varies per sailing. I have a cruise booked with friends in December 2020. I don't know if it's because there was two ships in port but it comes to over a hundred canadian dollars (so my guess is around 70$ USD pp) ...

:) I don't know. We saw people with soft serve ice cream cones, but I think they were near the main food places. The funnel cakes were in the "snack shack". We took the advice of some on Cruise Critic and got the chicken sandwich and mozzarella sticks to make a chicken parm sandwich. It was really good! We were kind bummed we didn't have time to find the soft serve machine because we saw people with chocolate/vanilla swirl. On the ship all we could find was chocolate/strawberry or vanilla/strawberry. We didn't understand why strawberry was in every machine.

It was right at the drinks station (where you could get the fruity waters), close to Snack Shack.

And now I'm happy to know that they also have strawberry ice cream on some ships because they only had Vanilla and Chocolate on my sailing!

Chicken sandwich - bun + mozzarella sticks + funnel cake = Carnival-style chicken parm sandwich.

Shame the soft serve is not right by the snack shack. I mean, funnel cake + soft serve + strawberry topping is a classic, right?

Chicken sandwich - bun + mozzarella sticks + funnel cake = Carnival-style chicken parm sandwich.

Shame the soft serve is not right by the snack shack. I mean, funnel cake + soft serve + strawberry topping is a classic, right?

The soft serve IS right by the Snack Shack. :)

Yes, ours was. I watched the prices for months and that was the best I saw. It was $94.99 in the planner before we sailed but then listed as $84.99 onboard. I've seen people say they got it for $47. Royal's pricing for excursions and beverage packages is really annoying. It seems to change every day.

I bought it a couple of months ago for $50.99 PP for my daughter and I for our Dec cruise on the Mariner - can't wait!

The soft serve IS right by the Snack Shack. :)

giphy.gif

I bought it a couple of months ago for $50.99 PP for my daughter and I for our Dec cruise on the Mariner - can't wait!
We were thinking about buying it a few months ago when it was that price. Now it shows up at $94 for our cruise in January. I am wondering how good the Black Friday sale will be. When we first booked back in April they were selling half-day passes for $35, but they quickly realized what a cash machine they have so that went away.

When we first booked back in April they were selling half-day passes for $35, but they quickly realized what a cash machine they have so that went away.
Adam Smith wins again, I guess. Not that I blame Royal for making a correction if they were underpricing the park, but for us consumers, it kind of sucks.

Adam Smith wins again, I guess. Not that I blame Royal for making a correction if they were underpricing the park, but for us consumers, it kind of sucks.
My guess is they quickly realized the logistics of a half day pass were a nightmare. They have an entrance to the water park where you scan your sea pass to get in. They have no means of checking people throughout the day to kick you out if you only have a half day pass. They don't check you on the slides or in the wave pool. We didn't have wrist bands or anything. They have a Snack Shack, bathrooms, lockers, and a towel exchange in the water park so there's really no reason to leave once you're in.

My guess is they quickly realized the logistics of a half day pass were a nightmare. They have an entrance to the water park where you scan your sea pass to get in. They have no means of checking people throughout the day to kick you out if you only have a half day pass. They don't check you on the slides or in the wave pool. We didn't have wrist bands or anything. They have a Snack Shack, bathrooms, lockers, and a towel exchange in the water park so there's really no reason to leave once you're in.

I thought half day passes were only available the second half of the day. Once you were admitted you were able to stay the rest of the day.

Oh by the way, this is a complete nightmare because the info on the SeaPass erases quickly when it's in contact with sunscreen or water. And once it's affected, the machines do not scan them properly. I ended up with a bracelet before noon and they didn't have enough bracelets at some point so they had to take cabin numbers instead! ;)

If Snack Shack is only for Waterpark people, is there another place where we can get the mozzarella sticks?

Oh by the way, this is a complete nightmare because the info on the SeaPass erases quickly when it's in contact with sunscreen or water. And once it's affected, the machines do not scan them properly. I ended up with a bracelet before noon and they didn't have enough bracelets at some point so they had to take cabin numbers instead! ;)

If Snack Shack is only for Waterpark people, is there another place where we can get the mozzarella sticks?
Oh bummer! I think we had our cards in the bag in the locker so we didn't run into any problems. We also only used the park in the morning since we had an afternoon excursion booked.

There are actually 2 Snack Shacks on the island. Caused us a lot of confusion since we told my parents to meet us there for lunch and didn't realize they couldn't get into the water park one because they didn't get the passes. We wandered around the island looking for them for a while before we noticed the second one on the map - they're both labeled "12".

I thought half day passes were only available the second half of the day. Once you were admitted you were able to stay the rest of the day.

We purchased half day passes a long time ago for our Anthem cruise coming up in March. At the time of sale, the hours listed are something like 7:30am-1130am (I'm not on cruise planner at the moment but from memory).

Now that they are no longer selling half day passes, I've been wondering how they handle them. They are converted to full day? Are we allowed to leave and then re-enter? Or is that when the 'half day' would kick in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!