Royal Caribbean Coco Cay Has stepped up

I only budget one excursion per cruise. If we got off on DCL's private island and there was a separate water park that we couldn't do I think my kid would be pretty crushed. $99 sounds expensive to me. We have a local water park that is $40 for a day pass or $90 for a season pass. I love CC because it is more natural.

But it's rarely 99$ (and certainly not for kids). It depends on the cruise and the period.

I paid 46$ (Canadian Dollars) for our passes (on RCCL we can pay in Canadian dollars. Take notes, DCL!)

I'm one of those who would love the pool. We take a quick wander around CC but then head back to the ship to utilize the pools and you know the pools on DCL are not exactly huge. We don't love the ocean as far as swimming in it but we would stay on the island if it had a pool as nice as this one.
We are Canadian as well and using an outdoor pool in the middle of our winter is a treat! I sure can't get that at home.

Thanks for the pics. I can't wait to give this a try!

I would not be happy to see anything with an additional charge. I don't want to have to add anything to my budget or tell my kid no.
But how is this different than what DCL does at CC? They have a ton of things with an additional charge such as bicycle rentals, tube rentals, snorkelling equipment, the banana boat, Castaway Rays stingray adventure, parasailing, and more. Its all in what you want to do as to cost. No one says one has to do any of these things. It's choices for sure but they all do it.

But how is this different than what DCL does at CC? They have a ton of things with an additional charge such as bicycle rentals, tube rentals, snorkelling equipment, the banana boat, Castaway Rays stingray adventure, parasailing, and more. Its all in what you want to do as to cost. No one says one has to do any of these things. It's choices for sure but they all do it.

Good point.

I am looking forward to using the pool. We have a three night RCCL Cruise in June just to see the new look at Coco Cay. We had been there years ago, when you had to tender in, and I got stung by a jellyfish.

I have limited mobility, and walking on sand is very difficult and awkward for me, so a largish pool on the private island sounds perfect to me!

Spalsh Away Bay and the Pirate Ship are going to be free to use, so you dont have to pay extra for all the slides!

I was on a ship with Splash Away and the Perfect Storm water slides, and adults would come out of the 'kids' slides way faster than the 'adult' ones!

They aren't towering over the nature and staring my kid in the face. The unspoiled nature of CC is wonderful. A huge waterpark in the middle would be awful. My kid being bummed about not being able to go there since she can see it would be bad too. Two pronged problem.

They aren't towering over the nature and staring my kid in the face. The unspoiled nature of CC is wonderful. A huge waterpark in the middle would be awful. My kid being bummed about not being able to go there since she can see it would be bad too. Two pronged problem.
I understand what your saying however I was posting in reply to your original post of 'I would not be happy to see anything with an additional charge. I don't want to have to add anything to my budget or tell my kid no.' I mentioned that there are lots of things with additional charges, RCL is not alone in that department.

I guess we are all different. I don't see much of the 'nature' on CC as you have to stay on a few sidewalks and roads, you can't just march off into the brush. Natures there, just not really available. You can pay for it, Walking and Kayak Nature Adventure ($73 per person). It would be nice to climb the tower and see more than trees. Have a few paths that go directly into the nature. Also, I would bet my next paycheck that DCL will have a waterpark on the island they are in the plans for now. If it makes money, and it will, then it will be there.

They aren't towering over the nature and staring my kid in the face. The unspoiled nature of CC is wonderful. A huge waterpark in the middle would be awful. My kid being bummed about not being able to go there since she can see it would be bad too. Two pronged

I'm really not sure how all the concessions stands, the paved walkways, the golf carts and even Pelican Plunge truly count as "unspoiled," but okay.

Castaway Cay, like all of Disney, is an artificial construct of what people wish "unspoiled" was like, right down to ready availability of flush toilets and ice cream. In actuality, unspoiled is a lot more like the BWCA, where mosquitos are a key part of the experience, ice cream melts in your canoe, and toilets don't flush.

RCCL is assembling Coco Cay as a bit more of a luxe island resort, rather than a faux unspoiled island. And that's okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!