Royal Caribbean Coco Cay Has stepped up

Weedy

DIS Veteran
Wow just went to Coco Cay. They have added so much. A pool, water slides. It will be interesting to see what Disney does with their new island.
At Coco Cay the pool is included in your visit. The water park opens next month and will have an additional fee. I was told it was $45pp for 1/2 day.

48C8E4F7-A5DA-429E-A983-DE28688B67A9.jpeg 8A68B4C6-AAC8-4D14-8D50-EC2EDAAB74B1.jpeg
93DC7E49-B404-4AC1-921A-E5806DE73100.jpeg
F209B31B-2233-4823-BB01-992DB606B9E6.jpeg

Last edited:
I go in August and already bought my day pass. It cost me $59/person (it is cheaper for a 1/2 day). I can't wait to check it out!!

Wow. Thanks for the pictures. I'm going in October and I'm so intrigued by it.

It does sound like Disney (and most other mass market cruise lines) has some fierce competition now.

The beach was beautiful lots of umbrellas and you can go farther down the beach and it’s not crowded at all.
The food was amazing. The usual hamburger and hot dogs. The hamburgers were thick and juicy.
They had steak and chicken fajitas and Cuban sandwich’s.
8B03ADAE-7561-47A0-A065-935FD03E12F5.jpeg
DAFF2451-87E0-461A-AE3D-3A0452E95693.jpeg
8F724241-98B6-48B0-B351-FD305022596F.jpeg 22C6A1F7-5A44-4253-82FD-60F9ADA089A9.jpeg

Last edited:

I would not be happy to see anything with an additional charge. I don't want to have to add anything to my budget or tell my kid no.

It's no worst than booking an excursion in a port. The biggest part of the island is complimentary (gigantic pool, beach, etc.) ...

... and FWIW, the waterpark is not that expensive. It is priced at $39 to $99 for adults 13 and over and children 4 to 12 charged $24 to $64.

RCCL cruises are about 25% to 50% less expensive than DCL, so it leaves more budget for little extras like this + you pay for it in advance so you don't have to think about it when you are on vacation.

I'd be shocked if DCL was to do something similar (add a waterpark to their private island) and not charge for it one way or another (either by raising the prices of the cruises stopping there or making it an "excursion" just like RCCL does...

Why do people want to use the pool? I can go to a pool anytime during the summer but the ocean is the real draw for me. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I live in Canada, in a big town. Most people don't have room in their backyards for a pool in my area and the ships pools are people soup. BUT, I'd still spend most of my day in the ocean. :)

There are plenty of bigger, better, 'splashier' water parks in Orlando and Nassau. Of course, RCL gets no revenue from them.

The only way this would interest us is if they included it in the cruise fare. Otherwise, a relaxing beach day is what we prefer.

It's no worst than booking an excursion in a port. The biggest part of the island is complimentary (gigantic pool, beach, etc.) ...

... and FWIW, the waterpark is not that expensive. It is priced at $39 to $99 for adults 13 and over and children 4 to 12 charged $24 to $64.

RCCL cruises are about 25% to 50% less expensive than DCL, so it leaves more budget for little extras like this + you pay for it in advance so you don't have to think about it when you are on vacation.

I'd be shocked if DCL was to do something similar (add a waterpark to their private island) and not charge for it one way or another (either by raising the prices of the cruises stopping there or making it an "excursion" just like RCCL does...

At day at Coco Cay is still cheaper than most of the packages at BBB at DCL then...

There are plenty of bigger, better, 'splashier' water parks in Orlando and Nassau. Of course, RCL gets no revenue from them.

The only way this would interest us is if they included it in the cruise fare. Otherwise, a relaxing beach day is what we prefer.

Good job they're not forcing anyone to pay for it then...(which they would if it was included in the cruise fare)...more space for those of us who would pay for it!

If you look online, there's some reports of full day passes as low as $23 on some sailings...that's cheaper than any water park I've gone to before...

Good job they're not forcing anyone to pay for it then...(which they would if it was included in the cruise fare)...more space for those of us who would pay for it!
I'm pretty sure if they relied on just the water park's user revenue to fund it, you would see them popping up everywhere...

I live in Canada, in a big town. Most people don't have room in their backyards for a pool in my area and the ships pools are people soup. BUT, I'd still spend most of my day in the ocean. :)

Same as us! Not from Canada but Minnesota and our pool season is very short!! :)
We have snow in the forecast for tomorrow. Yuck!

I only budget one excursion per cruise. If we got off on DCL's private island and there was a separate water park that we couldn't do I think my kid would be pretty crushed. $99 sounds expensive to me. We have a local water park that is $40 for a day pass or $90 for a season pass. I love CC because it is more natural.

This looks nice. We are booked for January on Allure. We plan to do shore excursions in the other ports, so a relaxing beach day sounds nice. I don't really mind the pay-as-you-go packages because I can decline things I don't use. The half day fee sounds reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter