Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Looking at corrals is always interesting to me. They released the Shamrock Shuffle breakdown. I'm in D although I'd fit in E just as well. But I think they put past participants in Wave 1 where possible. They call it a preferred corral or something.
I just think this is interesting when compared to other races and rundisney. The last two corrals are MASSIVE and that's pretty much what RD has done lately.

Start-Corral-Standards.png

IMG_3528.JPG
Roxy family has been filling our days with adventures lately. The weather is getting better and we are focusing on the positive and just enjoying spending time together where we can.
Some highlights...Navy Pier Ferris Wheel!!!!!!

IMG_3513.JPG

Isn't Chicago purty on a blue sky day?

IMG_9641.JPG

Then there was that day we tried our Sky Zone and I realized I'm maybe not cut out for the foam pits. I did quite enjoy running on the trampoline though!

IMG_9584.JPG

IMG_9587.JPG

We got some tropical warm weather time inside the Garfield Consevatory
IMG_3529.JPG

Check out this wonderful family photo!

IMG_3532.JPG

And today it was 50 degrees!!!! And my long run legs were happy. Maybe a bit too happy at the end. Feeling excited for a race weekend coming up even though it'll be more of a fun race than a race race.
IMG_3531.JPG

Hope everyone had a wonderful st paddys day :)

Attachments

• IMG_3530.JPG
    IMG_3530.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 2
I love the RoxyFamily adventures! Looks like you guys are having tons of fun!

(Also ... I saw someone wearing a "Girls on the Run" shirt at my race today and I thought of you!)

What a happy post!! I'm hoping to hit that Ferris Wheel on our trip to Chicago. Beautiful Chicago!!

Pro tip...go before lunch...the line gets pretty long in the afternoon but is quite manageable in the morning!

Also yay chicago!!!

I love the RoxyFamily adventures! Looks like you guys are having tons of fun!

(Also ... I saw someone wearing a "Girls on the Run" shirt at my race today and I thought of you!)

Sweet! I'll probably be wearing some GOTR stuff next weekend too.

I've always wanted to go to one of those trampoline parks! I sure hope my future kid likes them. LOL. Glad y'all are enjoying family time and hope everything has calmed down at work a little.

Love this update!! The first pic of you and roxykiddo is so fun! So nice to hear from you again :) (I say that in a non-pushy way ;) )

:) No worries, I want to be on here more too. Just have to find my spots to make time.

I've always wanted to go to one of those trampoline parks! I sure hope my future kid likes them. LOL. Glad y'all are enjoying family time and hope everything has calmed down at work a little.

Our trampoline place had signs for adult dodgeball trampoline tournies and clubs which sounded both awesome and really frightening. Just based on how intense some of the dads during toddler time were getting. Also, the amount of "you may die" warning signs everywhere was a little disconcerting.

MY WEEK! RACE WEEK!

Mon 3/19: OFF
Tue 3/20: 4 mi EB + strides (aka giving my finger a workout on the treadmill)
Wed 3/21: OFF
Thur 3/22: 4 mi EB + strides (aka Dejavu)
Fri 3/23: OFF
Sat 3/24: 2mi EB + strides. There's a GOTR 2 mile fun run today that I'll be stopping by to pick up my shuffle team gear and see if they need help. If I don't run it then I'll run at home. Also packet pickup for Shamrock Shuffle.
Sun 3/25: Shamrock Shuffle 8k + 2 mi WU + strides. Hubby got in corral E and I was in D, so no brainer to just bump back. Not a huge move and honestly my pace is gonna be more E paced anyways. My legs felt great yesterday on my long run. Felt just like what a solid LR should feel like. I wanted to keep running. I feel I could have a good pace in them for Sunday but I think I'm still gonna run with hubby. Not every race has to be a PR crushing endeavor. I'd like to be healthy for my half marathon coming up. But I'm bolstered by my fitness right now (it could be a lot worse given some of the very low mileage weeks I had.)

Our trampoline place had signs for adult dodgeball trampoline tournies and clubs which sounded both awesome and really frightening. Just based on how intense some of the dads during toddler time were getting. Also, the amount of "you may die" warning signs everywhere was a little disconcerting.

Yikes! My friend sprained her ankle at ours during their fitness class which is the main reason I haven't been.

and I realized I'm maybe not cut out for the foam pits.

DITTO! They have one at kiddo's gymnastics facility and I have the HARDEST TIME getting out of it.

So happy to see all the family fun you guys are having. Also really glad to see that you're happy with where your fitness is, that your LR went well, and that you're going to take it easy and enjoy shamrock with roxyhubby. Have so much fun!!!

Found myself with some extra minutes (and miraculously, 0 kids were playing minecraft or roblox on the computer) so I wanted to pop in and check on things. Your Mexico trip looked wonderful and I'm sorry about the update on your Mom. Hugs and prayers for you guys. Also your journal reminds that I have got to get to Chicago! It looks like such a cool city!

Checking in from race morning. Hanging in my inlaws condo away from the cold until we make our warmup trek to the corral.
Pacing roxyhubby today. Father-in-law is seeking to break an hour. It's cold but sunny :)

Here's goes part one of my Bank of America running series 2018. To be completed in October at the big race!

IMG_3541.JPG

Let me take you on a tour of all the places my garmin thought I went to this morning!!!

Gotta stop for coffee obviously

IMG_3549.PNG

Quick stop at the French pastry school before taking an elevator to the Sears Tower (I'll never call it Willis) observation deck

IMG_3550.PNG

Grabbed a roast beef and ordered a new bedroom set for my nap later today

IMG_3552.PNG

Tried to save time here by taking the best tangent from the noodle shop to the deli.

IMG_3554.PNG

The Taco Bell had worn off by now so a quick trip into chipotle and a brief detour into the corner bakery....carb load!

IMG_3555.PNG

Last coffee stop to get me to the finish..I'd have stopped at the garrets but the lines always so long!

IMG_3556.PNG

Didn't quite hit our goal today...we shouldn't have stopped for that haircut!

IMG_3558.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_3553.PNG
    IMG_3553.PNG
    308.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3557.PNG
    IMG_3557.PNG
    319.6 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts