Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Thinking of you all, roxyfamily. To echo others: cancer sucks.
And then...adventure mode... :grouphug:
Great job getting out there for a run with all that is going on in life, and so glad that you and the hubs were able to have that lovely time in Mexico.

I am so glad you had a great time in Mexico- your pictures are an equal mix of fun and beautiful!!

From the little that you've shared about your mom, I know how special she is. I am praying for your mom, you and the rest of your family. :hug:

Running is here for you when you want it and if you need to step away, it will be there when you get back too. Take care of yourself. :)

Last edited:

So glad to hear you got to go on your trip. The photos and trip report are amazing. Many thoughts and prayers for all your family.

IMG_3444.JPG

When it's nearing dusk and your hubby says Go Run and you do. But then you come back and put on gloves and ear warmers and another coat because the sun tricked you into thinking it was springier than it really is.

My parents trip to Milwaukee was successful! They enjoyed the Pabst mansion, the Harley Museum (my dad said my ma was a biker chick because of her wheelchair) and they now have matching Harley shirts. I believe they went to Sprecher too and a basilica. They ate at both Mo's pub and Mo's steakehouse. So my plan is run again tomorrow then collect the cheese for me fron Mars Cheese Castle. Thank you WI for being kind to roxyfamily again this year. I think the next roxymamasmama world tour stop will be Texas.

I think I'm getting close to being ready to dive in again. But I'm just taking it easy another day.

Last edited:
View attachment 306410

When it's nearing dusk and your hubby says Go Run and you do. But then you come back and put on gloves and ear warmers and another coat because the sun tricked you into thinking it was springier than it really is.

My parents trip to Milwaukee was successful! They enjoyed the Pabst mansion, the Harley Museum (my dad said my my was a biker chick because of her wheelchair) and they now have matching Harley shirts. I believe they went to Sprecher too and a basilica. They ate at both Mo's pub and Mo's steakehouse. So my plan is run again tomorrow then collect the cheese for me fron Mars Cheese Castle. Thank you WI for being kind to roxyfamily again this year. I think the next roxymamasmama world tour stop will be Texas.

I think I'm getting close to being ready to dive in again. But I'm just taking it easy another day.
Glad they had a nice trip to WI!

Glad you had a great trip once you made it there. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but I love that she's getting to accomplish some bucket list items. I'll be praying for y'all and sending lots of love your way!

Glad they had a nice trip to WI!

The cheese they brought back was very much appreciated by roxykiddo who is (against our parenting goals) a Packer Backer and total cheesehead...grumble mumble

Glad you had a great trip once you made it there. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but I love that she's getting to accomplish some bucket list items. I'll be praying for y'all and sending lots of love your way!

Thank you!! Your princess race pics were EVERYTHING! Really awesome finish line minnie pic too!

Less than three hours!

You will be the first to know if we make it down this year. I hope she is healthy enough to do it :)
I'd love to get roxykiddo down there with me/hubby or just me down there later this year if we can too.

MONDAY UPDATE:
I RAN THIS WEEKEND! I LIKE RUNNING! I MISS IT.
I WILL BE RUNNING TOMORROW! AND THURSDAY! Stay tuned for the what those runs are.

Things to remind myself.
It's ok if I miss one run...my week is not ruined...no need to throw in the towel
It's ok to adjust my expectations of the goals for this spring's races.
It's ok to just have fun with them and see what happens. It's what I need right now.
It's ok to PR or approach great times for me if my legs got it in them...but the marathon is the end game and no need getting hurt to prove something where it isn't right now.
It's ok to make time to run even when the rest of the world needs me...it's ok to make me-time.
It's probably a good idea to get back in the habit of a schedule so I'm not shocking my system completely come June.

And Then.... :)

TRAINING PLAN FOR THIS WEEK:
I'm not too proud to admit I'm sorta re-setting on this half marathon training plan. Billy worked something up for me that is not as many days or aggressive because our new focus is staying healthy for Chicago marathon training. So I'm going to do my best to keep running. So on Tues and Thur if are on Strava and don't see my updates, please say "DID YOU RUN?" or "GO RUN!!!" I have my family's support in harassing me to get out there. And if I have to miss a day due to life...I have more wiggle room now to complete it on another day. I also won't give up on a week as a lost cause if I have to miss. I'll just keep plugging away.

HERE WE GO
Monday: Bachelor Finale #nospoilers...I'm watching it on delay once my kiddo goes to bed
Tuesday: 3 mi @ EA
Wed: off
Thur: 4 mi @ EB strides
Fri: off
Sat: 3 mi @EA
Sun: 4 mi @LR

Tempo and longer runs will come but for now this what I'm doing this week.

My updates may not be as plentiful for a while so I'll try to make them good when I do.

Side musing: Wouldn't it be weird if you created a username of EA or EB or LR and people kept accidentally linking you on all their badger plans? @EA, etc?

Wouldn't it be weird if you created a username of EA or EB or LR and people kept accidentally linking you on all their badger plans? @EA, etc?

There are a few usernames that get tagged that I have to go back and delete when using my @ acronyms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!