Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Sorry to hear that you're sick again! I'm also a fan of Emoji Blitz. I started Kingdoms, and I like it, but I get a little confused by it sometimes. Moanaspapa just chuckles when he hears intro music for Blitz now.

Sorry about your cold! :( I hope it goes away quickly! I LOVE your INB (that shirt is one of my faves!), and I'm so onboard with Emoji Blitz. My guilty pleasure is to play emoji blitz with the sound off, so I can simultaneously listen to a silly romance novel or a fun podcast. It is the BEST for unwinding (sadly I haven't had any time for that in a while. I'm dropping on the leaderboards :laughing:).

Hi everyone. Still got this chest and head cold. It comes with insane coughing fits especially when lying down, talking a lot, eating or breathing. So like 85.78% of my day. I had to walk a lot instead of run and then not run. I'll have a real update tomorrow cause it's a day off!!! Chicago marathon lottery tomorrow. I'm freaking out. I really want to find a time tomorrow where I feel good enough to get some miles no matter the pace.

images

A gal that I work with and I just had a long conversation about Narwhals... and we legitimately had to look if they were real. This is why my degree is in economics and not animal science. I would like to retract my earlier statement and say I would like a "stuffed" narwhal for Christmas!

I love that picture!!!! The demand is greater than the supply for narwhals. Did I economics correctly?

Sorry about the cold but yay for a me-day and new INB (on sale, even better!).

Soooo are you gonna post your Too Faced stuff soon? I’ve been trolling their FB Page this week to no avail and have lost faith that mine is ever coming. :confused3

Ahhhh I forgot cause I'm hopped up on day and nightquil.
Peanut butter and jelly eye shadow!! This was a mystery box and ariel's is being held hostage :(

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2890.JPG
More cold? Oh no! Feel better soon!

Love the InB shirt! Super fun!

I refuse to play Emoji Blitz for fear that I will get addicted to it. I'm stubborn like that. It just seems way too addictive. I would have gotten addicted to Magic Kingdoms (/I pretty much was) if I hadn't had to delete it from my old phone because of space issues. The new phone has way more space ... I probably shouldn't download it, though.

It's addicting. So you are wise.

hope you feel better soon @roxymama!

Me too. If breathing was easier I'd be coping with this better. I hate coughing!!!

Sorry to hear that you're sick again! I'm also a fan of Emoji Blitz. I started Kingdoms, and I like it, but I get a little confused by it sometimes. Moanaspapa just chuckles when he hears intro music for Blitz now.

My hubby says I'm addicted but he's playing it too!!

Sorry about your cold! :( I hope it goes away quickly! I LOVE your INB (that shirt is one of my faves!), and I'm so onboard with Emoji Blitz. My guilty pleasure is to play emoji blitz with the sound off, so I can simultaneously listen to a silly romance novel or a fun podcast. It is the BEST for unwinding (sadly I haven't had any time for that in a while. I'm dropping on the leaderboards :laughing:).

That sounds lovely...I need to do that next time I play. And I was so happy at least one of the techs I liked was still in my size during the sale.

Ok more from me tomorrow. I'm praying I feel better tomorrow and I get good Chicago marathon news. So nervous about it!!!!!

aw man! Mystery bag looks like fun. Still no word on mine...I think it’s just not gonna come at this point. :(

Glad you like yours!! Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck tomorrow! I'll try to send you some of my race lottery luck ... (just hopefully you won't have to wait all day for good news like I did)

I think I must have the same cold as you. It's the cough that's killing me and yes, when I'm in bed it's the worst, so no running for me today. Hey, maybe we are getting this out of the way before the holidays, yes?

And posting her to plant good Chicago mojo vibes.

So these last couple days haven't been going like I planned.
The Good: I finally slept last night semi-decently. Yay for NyQuil.
The Bad: I'm still getting random coughing jags but at least I feel like I'm trending towards better. Running hasn't been up to the pace or mileage I was hoping for with a lost weekend basically. I just had to do a lot of walking today. I'll check in tomorrow to see how I'm feeling (gosh I hope it's better)
The Ugly: rejected Chicago marathon application. Tears.
The Good Again: my cold is temporary, bad days of running are temporary, this one door to 26.2 is closed but there are other doors and other races.
The Really Good: I'm drinking coffee :surfweb:

I'm thrilled for the peeps who got into Chicago the speedy way or the lottery way. Everyone is invited to come to my city anytime who isn't racing the marathon this year too :)

Yay coffee!

Sorry to hear about Chicago, but ... might I suggest a little marathon in Florida in January 2019 as your first 26.2? It means waiting a few extra months, but ... I heard a rumor there might be some decent company. (Plus some terrible company if I can manage to make it work)

Yay coffee!

Sorry to hear about Chicago, but ... might I suggest a little marathon in Florida in January 2019 as your first 26.2? It means waiting a few extra months, but ... I heard a rumor there might be some decent company. (Plus some terrible company if I can manage to make it work)

That's certainly something to consider. (Hides before anyone yells that dwarfs name at me!!)

Whatever does happen I will be trying my best to Dismeet my peeps who are accepted already.

Totally bummed about both of us being denied. I almost cried, but I was at work and I didn't want to have to explain to my non-running co-workers why I was crying, so I pulled it together. I'm trying to look at the bright side...at least DH won't have to freak out about another race registration fee on the credit card! :-)

Luckily I had the day off work, so I was free to blubber away for a lil bit.

At least we tried right?

So these last couple days haven't been going like I planned.
The Good: I finally slept last night semi-decently. Yay for NyQuil.
The Bad: I'm still getting random coughing jags but at least I feel like I'm trending towards better. Running hasn't been up to the pace or mileage I was hoping for with a lost weekend basically. I just had to do a lot of walking today. I'll check in tomorrow to see how I'm feeling (gosh I hope it's better)
The Ugly: rejected Chicago marathon application. Tears.
The Good Again: my cold is temporary, bad days of running are temporary, this one door to 26.2 is closed but there are other doors and other races.
The Really Good: I'm drinking coffee :surfweb:

I'm thrilled for the peeps who got into Chicago the speedy way or the lottery way. Everyone is invited to come to my city anytime who isn't racing the marathon this year too :)

I'm feeling very "memeie" (that's a word, right?) today....

The Good:
images

The Bad:
upload_2017-12-13_9-0-9.jpeg

The Ugly:
images

The Good Again:
(see you in Jan '19?? :) )
images

The Really Good:
images

Sorry you're still sick! Sounds like a nasty bug. And super bummed you didn't get Chicago, but I like that you're already thinking of other options... You'll find the perfect race(s? dwarf name?) and you'll dominate when you do. Can't wait!

I can't bake so if you do decide to go the charity route for Chicago I would be all in for buying baked goods. What are your shipping charges for outside the continental US?:D

F2Uxbmpk.jpg

Chicago Marathon October 7, 2018

So as many of you already know earlier in 2017 @michigandergirl threw out the idea to me that maybe 2018 would be a good year to try my first marathon by signing up for the Chicago marathon lottery. At fist I chuckled and brushed it off. But the idea stuck in my head as maybe not be so crazy afterall. Especially as I tackled my first and second half marathons and survived them (albeit just barely for the most recent one.) I honestly didn't know if a marathon would ever be something I'd even want to do and fast forward to October 2017 while watching the actual Chicago marathon on TV and I got motivated to at least give the lottery a chance. But then as we got closer to signing up for the lottery I got more and more attached to the idea of getting a "yes." To the point where I changed my journal name and started asking coach @DopeyBadger about training time-lines and strategies for the spring, etc. I went from cautiously unsure to "all in."
I eagerly signed up for the lottery the moment it opened but just got the "We're sorry, you have not been selected" email earlier this week. I was a bit crushed.
But I talked with my husband and spent a lot of time researching options. Running for a charity is an easy decision because I like helping others, especially when it's a cause I really feel connected to. So maybe this was a good thing in the long run that I will be choosing this path to run my first 26.2. I will be part of a mentor/mentee program and am going to try to be active with this group beyond just fundraising for the race registration. There are 5ks available to run with girls from all over the chicago-land area and I'm very excited about that.
But I have a hard time asking people for help and that's the part that scared me a bit more than even the mileage of running the race.
I'll leave my fundraising page link here for anyone who would like to check it out. I'm not expecting anything and for anyone who would like to donate I'll try to figure out something creative to show my appreciation. But honestly...just talking me through the training is going to be the biggest help any of y'all can give.
(note: I won't be re-posting this because I don't want to bug people over and over as that's not my intent. But I will leave it on my page #1 of this journal too.)

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/2018-gotr-chicago-marathon/bridgetaubin

Ack! I'm going to run a marathon! What have I done?

P.S. If anyone has any tips for me for fundraising ideas...please let me know. I wasn't kidding about the bake sale :)

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-14_14-59-2.png
    upload_2017-12-14_14-59-2.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 1
You go, girl!! Sounds like a great cause and they are lucky to have you join them. You'll make a great mentor!!

So excited I'll be seeing you in Chicago in October.

a) You're amazing. Amazing, amazing. I tried to start a GOTR council in my small town and got denied. So I love that you are doing this.
b) I will buy baked goods if you will ship them. Haha.
c) My fundraising tip is BE OBNOXIOUS. You just have to be. Last March I shaved my head for St. Baldrick's, which is an organization that raises money by having places host events where people raise money and then shave their hair off and the money is donated to Childhood Cancer Research. I raised $6000, my goal was $5000, and I was just beyond annoying. I posted on FB, IG, Twitter... I made business cards and handed them out to people. My birthday happened right before the event and I posted that all I wanted for my b-day was a donation. You're doing this for an AMAZING cause, so don't think of it as benefiting YOU. You are running this marathon to benefit and empower young girls. And in the time that we are in right now, these girls NEED that. So go on girl and tell EVERYONE what you're up to.
d) OMG YOU'RE RUNNING A MARATHON NEXT YEAR!!!!
e) But you'll still do Dopey in 2019, right?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter