Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Your race pictures are great- perfect range of emotions!

No matter how awesome @DopeyBadger is (& he is!), this Husker will never wear a badger shirt. Maybe "in dopey we trust" will be your next motto... that will also foreshadow your future? ;)

I need to put the hot chocolate run on my bucket list... swag, bling, and chocolate? Yes please!

So jelly how soon you'll be in WDW! Your trip overlaps my sister's 30th bday trip, so if you see her, please say "hi!" ;)

I love that finish line video :)

I'm super impressed that you're thinking of race strategies for the Hot Chocolate right after finishing your 10K. I have a couple of races coming up pretty close together and my strategy is basically "run the first race and then not think about the next one until like 2 days before the race." But I'm also weird. And the stakes are a little lower for me because there's no chocolate involved.

Also ... I'm with Internet Ariel. That sounds like a corral A bib number to me.

I love that finish line video :)

I'm super impressed that you're thinking of race strategies for the Hot Chocolate right after finishing your 10K. I have a couple of races coming up pretty close together and my strategy is basically "run the first race and then not think about the next one until like 2 days before the race." But I'm also weird. And the stakes are a little lower for me because there's no chocolate involved.

Also ... I'm with Internet Ariel. That sounds like a corral A bib number to me.

It's less a race strategy and more "make sure I don't stop running too much before this race" strategy.

Also "I'm with Internet Ariel" needs to be a shirt. Maybe one day I can have a whole dis-poster inspired wardrobe?

Your race pictures are great- perfect range of emotions!

No matter how awesome @DopeyBadger is (& he is!), this Husker will never wear a badger shirt. Maybe "in dopey we trust" will be your next motto... that will also foreshadow your future? ;)

I need to put the hot chocolate run on my bucket list... swag, bling, and chocolate? Yes please!

So jelly how soon you'll be in WDW! Your trip overlaps my sister's 30th bday trip, so if you see her, please say "hi!" ;)

I'm imagining walking up to every 30ish woman and saying "hi!" during my trip just in case it's your sister!

Also, yes, 2019 do HC Chicago!!! I've now got a legacy status to uphold so could use the company :)

Last edited:

So stoked for your 10K time @roxymama! I had to check the time while I was on vacation and gave a fist pump and an oh ya for you! So awesome! Huge congrats gurl :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Noticed your MK You Are Here mug as well...new You Are Here mugs as well as ceramic travelers for all the parks, prepare to open your wallet when you get there!
37774377771_5d971b0557.jpg

23921726608_abaf98498b.jpg

These t-shirt ideas are cracking me up!! :rotfl2:

(Also, these "You are Here" mug changes continue to throw me off... I don't get the large hippo on the MK mug! I like the DHS one though! Are there new Epcot and AK mugs too?)

SHOPPING!!! and COSTUME HELP!!!

I know it's been a little while since I've talked about the truly important aspects of a running journal. Makeup and accessories.
So first things first. I haven't bought new makeup (and by that I don't count the necessities like foundation and mascara) in a really, weirdly long time for me. Ever since I started the unicorn fun facts over in the other thread my advertisements online started populating with some strange unicorn paraphenalia and this Tarte Eyeshadow Wheel was just coming at me non stop. But it felt a little pricey for glittery, fun shades that I'd really only wear for things like Christmas, parties, New Years etc.
But TODAY...TODAY there was a 70% off sale.
So yeah...The "make believe in yourself" eyeshadow pallette is coming my way.
962-limited-edition-make-believe-in-yourself-eye-&-cheek-palette-multi-OTHER-main-img_MAIN.jpg

962-limited-edition-make-believe-in-yourself-eye-&-cheek-palette-multi-OTHER-misc-alt-7_ALT.jpg

Ain't it purty? Maybe it'll get here in time to bring it with me to florida. I could get behind a glittery blue eyeshadow for no reason with my belle costume look. #childofthe80's

OK, so now I need hive mind help with my 5k costume.
Here's what I've got...

Totes cute InB Betty Tech shirt. Giving me holiday/thanksgiving/rockabilly vibes
W-Dapper-Shirt-front__19851.1493232320.1280.1280.jpg

And I've got this bandana skirt that is shiny and matches the red in my tech shirt.
red-bandana-sparkle-running-skirt.jpg

Which actually is fairly short on a human, so I'd probably rock it with short shorts (OMG SHOULD I???? It's only 5k???AHHHHH) or capris if it's chilly. Weather tbd
Bandana-Spark-Running-Skirt.jpg

So most of you already know all that because I've posted this stuff before. I need help with accesorizing now. Crunch time. Amazon prime time.

I'm thinking of Minnie Mousing myself. And I've got comfy and lightweight black ears from a costume shop that came with this novelty necklace (I don't plan to wear because it makes me feel like I have a Gaston sized neck) and these lady-like minnie gloves. I realize these pics are kinda embarassing on their own but that's what I do for my journal.
upload_2017-10-18_9-26-48.png
Cameo by Roxykiddo being little "Mal"

upload_2017-10-18_9-27-6.png

So I also have a real red bandana that I think I'm gonna attempt to sew over the bow to make the bow bandana fabric.

And then I'm wondering...do I just stop there or do I buy one of those really short frilly aprons to make it kind of like more "holiday cooking" related. Or is that going too far.
Like this but just the bottom part and only if I could find one short enough.
61hWmt9NXRL._SY355_.jpg

Eh, I don't know. I've also considered finding a fake plastic pie and carrying it but at some point I've gone too far off the costume deep end.

Thoughts? Opinions? help? :)

So stoked for your 10K time @roxymama! I had to check the time while I was on vacation and gave a fist pump and an oh ya for you! So awesome! Huge congrats gurl :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Noticed your MK You Are Here mug as well...new You Are Here mugs as well as ceramic travelers for all the parks, prepare to open your wallet when you get there!
37774377771_5d971b0557.jpg

23921726608_abaf98498b.jpg

OMG THOSE MUGS!!! Ok, I know what I want when I visit in TWO WEEKS!
And thank you for the fist pump!!! I also like to check on your results and offer long distance fist pumps too.

These t-shirt ideas are cracking me up!! :rotfl2:

(Also, these "You are Here" mug changes continue to throw me off... I don't get the large hippo on the MK mug! I like the DHS one though! Are there new Epcot and AK mugs too?)

Don't you know that you can tell when hippos are going to attack when they wiggle their ears???
(jungle cruise reference)
Fun fact: there are pygmy hippos that live at the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago. I love them so much that when hubby and I started dating he adopted one for me for our first Xmas together.

AK as well...there's a Tiger on it. Nicer than the old one IMO. The travelers are all really nice too.
I bought the new Epcot and DHS mugs, and then there were new mugs for both parks at Disneyland as well! :headache: And I decided I just had to stop...who knows how frequently they'll be coming out with new ones?? My wallet can only take so much! That and I'm running out of cabinet space. :eek:

My wallet can only take so much! That and I'm running out of cabinet space. :eek:

My house has two full kitchens...sooooooooo

I'm still sad that I bypassed the insane starbucks line during DL because I really did want the DL you are here mug. But we were there such a short time I got line-spooked. We have more days this time so I will be bribing kiddo to wait for cake pops so mama can get her mug fix.

So yeah...The "make believe in yourself" eyeshadow pallette is coming my way.
962-limited-edition-make-believe-in-yourself-eye-&-cheek-palette-multi-OTHER-main-img_MAIN.jpg

I am entranced with the "trance" color. Those are so pretty! I basically my 1 base color and then use whatever colors I get in my Lancome free gift with purchase, maybe I need to invest in some more colors!

Eh, I don't know. I've also considered finding a fake plastic pie and carrying it but at some point I've gone too far off the costume deep end.
Why fake? #snacktime

Don't you know that you can tell when hippos are going to attack when they wiggle their ears???
(jungle cruise reference)
Fun fact: there are pygmy hippos that live at the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago. I love them so much that when hubby and I started dating he adopted one for me for our first Xmas together.
Haha! I'm not hating on the Jungle Cruise!
And that is sweet! What is your adopted hippo's name.

@run.minnie.miles there's a new Epcot You Are Here mug - World Showcase themed!

AK as well...there's a Tiger on it.

Where have I been?? Googling new mugs now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter